WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @hope002 ohhhh sweety. what is going on? how can we help? don't you let this stop you. your a very strong person. this struggle is not easy but it is worth it. talk to us. maybe we can help you.

@amsandos ohhh no, I hate a hang over. I am to old for that kind of stuff. when the day after lasts for two days, I am done. lol. and omg girl. what a success at that concert. I am soooo proud of you. you ate yummy food and didn't over do it. look at the new you go!! lol. cream crackered!! that's a good one. I think you did great on your night out! and to top it all off, look at that loss you have this week. way to go.... cyndie's doing the happy dance all around the office!! and maybe more protein and healthy fat. they usually do the trick to keep you fuller longer. and great advise to @Mrsbell8well !!

@Mrsbell8well I love your plan lady!! you are wonder woman!! and my day was totally amazing. and I totally believe that you will do maintenance just like you did weight loss. with unrelenting perseverance. not perfect but learning every day!! knowledge is power. and as for the challenge, I think you need to follow your heart. I would be really careful not to do to much at once. if you hurt yourself it can be months of healing. and I really don't think you want that set back. I think I would pass and say that you are already commited to the bike. just my opinion tho.

@carlsoda ohhh yes. going to the cabin sounds wonderful. I love being close to nature. and I love thrift shopping. it is a great way to get some beautiful bargains. lol and that is so funny, when I went shopping yesterday I got fresh cherries too. I love love love them. good luck on your conference call. hope your problem gets solved. we had ribeye on the grill!! mmmmmm have an awesome day lady!!

@DananaNanas that is just a small gain. and being on a trip, your good. miss you checking in.

@lennoncpa that's the way you do it! the car air works good. have you tried using a dehumidifier for your house. many times that helps a lot. I know there were many places that got crazy downpoors. I love the eastern market. my favorite time is flower day.

@nstephenson01 wow look at you meeting your goals. that is awesome. you can do this and @Mrsbell8well is always with me, encouraging me. she truly is a shining star to follow!! no excuses. we will do this.

@CassieGetsFit2013 we will get you excused cassie. how are you doing?

@jedaschultz ohhh yea lady! look at that! look out onederland here comes debby!! you are doing great. dancing on the ceiling great!!

• cyndiesstuff
    Options
    If I haven't told you all lately:

qpt9w1z5mua0.png

hfpzvsllmyfd.jpg
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    mt1r4n8wjsij.jpg

ohhh no!! last week we had to many nwi last week.

@Cafelelia
    @eyesopennow
    @Zumba_Luvah

Are you all ok? really concerned. please let us know how you are doing. we need you on our team.

Late weigh ins still needed

@bmaison2014
    @twyla77

Todays weigh ins still needed:
    @gottagetthisdown
    @McKay85

Tuesday weigh in
    @phoebe112476
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Check in for the past few days...
    Food not logged and over
    Water under
    Exercise I did walk a lot

Sorry for being MIA. I thought I would have time to get on here either in the morning or at night but it didn't happen. When I have guests I try not to be on the computer or phone while they are around. It was a nice week but I didn't do well. I had a plan and didn't stick to it. I did ok at meals with eating 3/4 but sometimes 3/4 was way past satisfied. I ate things that weren't on plan and I also ate when I wasn't hungry. I drank about 1/2 of what I should. I actually didn't do too bad with alcohol. Just one time I drank more than I should have before the 4th. I was actually was not looking forward to getting on here and facing the facts but I actually am feeling inspired after reading all of your posts. You are all still out there following your plans and I can be too. First of all, I feel like crap. Crappy food doesn't fuel you. I have been feeling tired, bloated and lazy all day. Before I go to bed tonight I am going to ride my bike, make a 24 hour plan and a plan for the week, maybe go grocery shopping but may do that in the am if possible, I am going to get at least 64oz of water in and will have just a salad for dinner. My hip situation is unchanged. I called to make an appointment but they have 24 hours to call me back so hopefully tomorrow I will at least know what I am doing with that. I really want to get started for obvious reasons but I also want to see what types of exercises are safe for me to do. I feel like I am holding back and I might not need to. I am going to take it easy until then. Just slow walking, biking and kayaking. I also am going to start upper body strength training since that won't effect my injury.

Congratulations to @McKay85 2nd place for most pounds lost and an honorable mention!
    Congrats to @Mrsbell8well for her honorable mention too!
    Our team's biggest losers @Mrsbell8well @McKay85 and @hkfleming

Feeling overwhelmed with being so behind. Lol! I will do the best I can catching up
    @Mrsbell8well How nice that you and Molly set some goals moving forward. I think she will do well having you lead by example. I also love how your whole family is getting healthier together. That makes things a little easier when everyone is on board.
    @cyndiesstuff You are a busy lady! That boating day sounded so fun! I would have jumped at the opportunity to go too. I didn't mean to drop off the radar. I thought I would be able to get on, I should have just planned not to be. I should be good now until mid August. Lol!
    @carlsoda I do agree with what you said about the processed food. I am at the very least starting to put together (after 53 years) how crappy I feel after I eat them. I also can relate to those storms whipping up out of no where. I was lucky to turn around quick enough in the kayak once when I saw one coming. Glad you were able to pull over and be safe. Sounds like you had a fun and productive Sunday! What do plantain chips taste like? They are sweet right? Hope you got that work situation sorted out. I am loving your dinner tonight too! Yum!
    @ljdanny Wow! 6.5 miles! That is awesome! Glad you are enjoying your time off!
    @kirsten11872 Oh no! What is going on? What can we do to help?
    @Moarrein Sounds like you have a good plan for your vacation. You really have set yourself up for success!
    @nstephenson01 I can't imagine going on a hike with 7 poodles! Lol! I wish I saw that post earlier and had you get a pic! I can relate to the one day of bad choices spilling over into another day. I am going to follow your lead and get myself ready for the rest of the week today! I also like the weekly reflections. I am going to do that too!
    @hope002 How is it going? Do you want to check in with us? Can we help in any way?
    @amsandos Nice loss!! You had a good week AND you did great at the concert! I am glad that you gave yourself credit with the food portion. As far as the drinking, you took ownership for it and didn't let it throw you off course. You are getting right back on track and that is what is important. Glad you had fun at the concert! Btw-what is with your office and cake Lol! You are doing fab resisting! I am going to send you a message about the pact.
    @DananaNanas Hope that you had fun in Chicago!
    @lennoncpa Ugh! The hot weather is awful but what a nice idea to visit family during that time. I am glad you made it through the storms ok. How is your new car? Loving it?
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Let us know if you don't get the batteries and we can put you in for an excused weigh in.
    @jedaschultz Awesome loss! You are doing great!! I do love those podcasts!
    @McKay85 Hope the move went well. Hope you can check back in soon!
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    July Week 2
    bmaison2014
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 211.2

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday July 7
    Previous Weight: 128
    Todays Weight: 127.6
    Sorry for the late weigh in!

@Mrsbell8well - congratulations on 365 days of checking in!! wow!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 thank you! It’s pretty amazing! Looks like your getting closer to your goal too. Congrats!

I juiced the whole day and had watermelon for dinner. We made a green juice and a beet, carrot ginger juice. I’m fine once I’m actually doing it.

It was so hard to start cleaning today. I just wanted to be on vacation. Skylynn and I decided to play a cleaning game. We put every chore/room into a jar that needed to be cleaned. 16 slips of paper. Then we took another jar and wrote out 16 things we would like to do. Skylynn was the official picker. First up she drew the laundry room. It never got organized when we moved in a year ago. Molly does our laundry so it was really nice to have the room so clean and now organized for her. All day Skylynn was so eager to see what was next. We’re keeping the jars going and hopefully by the end of month it will all get done. Some “fun” things that got picked...walking Lula Mae, reading Farmer Boy, free time and an ab workout. A bathroom got picked, hall closet, entryway and the kitchen. Skylynn was a trooper and helped with everything!

Mom got pretty sick tonight. Thought she was going back to the hospital but she pulled through...again. We’re spending the day together tomorrow. She does dialysis 3 days a week. It worked great for a year but now it’s getting harder and harder. After each session it feels like she’s barely surviving. We’re really wanting to have a nice beach vacation this weekend. One day at a time.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday
    Food on track
    Water lots
    Exercise 30 minute walk, building a garden with the neighbor
    Steps 13902

ob1sxgwcf1za.jpg
    holy macaroni!! what a great day yesterday. i need to live where it is warm all the time. got an email from home office. the drug screening results are in and now we are waiting for my new boss to get back from vacation and then we will work out a start date. probably at the end of the week or the beginning of next. who does he think he is? going on vacation when i need a start date!! lol. hurry back Dan, i can't wait to start my new adventure!! then after work, i went to my neighbors and worked more on our rock garden project. she bought an old farm metal gate (kind of shabby sheek) and jim cut some 6 foot pieces of re-bar and that is how we made it stand in the garden. the re-bar was like fence posts. you should have seen us! it was quite a sight. i brought the trailer and i was standing on it so i could reach the top of the bar while hitting it with the sledge hammer. she was at the middle holding the bar steady. we did it tho. so much fun. i got home around 7:30! i will take a picture when it is closer to finished. tonite i have counseling. keeping busy with things i enjoy really helps with my compulsive eating. i can play in the gardens in the summer, but what to do the other times, like winter, i need more fun me stuff i enjoy.

@sleepymom5 you are a work in progress and you are creating a new path. remember the marble analogy. it is hard at first. and for a while lets be honest. you have been living, we will call it willy nilly, for a very long time. now, you are telling your brain something different. and it is rebelling. lets look at the positives from this holiday. first off you are hurt and still managed to stay very active. second, and a huge step is you made a plan. you are watching your portions. and your alcohol was more in check than ever. now quit beating yourself up. that is not allowed. when i first met you you would have never been able to accomplish what you did this weekend. so chin up!! and smile for crying out loud. you are a rock star.

@bmaison2014 ohhhh no, you got this, it all starts with your next best step. this is hard but you are tougher. so what small change can you make this week to start setting you up for success? have you made your 24 hour plan? only put on there the things that you are 90% sure you will do. what are your goals for today? write it down and then as you do them check them off the list as you do them. the more you show yourself that you can make a plan and stick to it the more momentum you will gain.

@twyla77 woooo whoo.... there you go! the scale is going down. good job girl!!

@McKay85 woooo whooo for you toooooo!! we will take it. one pound is a great loss. and look at all you learned in the process. if you eat like garbage it shows. you have learned that exercise does not make up for a bad diet. and what a great nsv!! you were aware and honored you bodys portion sizes. that is amazing. i am glad you started your boxing again. and don't worry about being lethargic. this will pass. and before you know it you will be the female version of rocky!! find inspiration in your new life style you are creating. and be proud and give yourself a lot of credit.

@pacsnc6 ohhhh yea lady!! a full hour of aerobics. look at you go! super proud of you for the work you did yesterday! soooo.... what will you do today? how is your late night snacking habit?

@Mrsbell8well how is the watermelon down there? ours still is not good. so i passed on it for the 4th of July. and i love how you parent skylynn! look at the beautiful life lessons you are teaching her. she is lucky to have such wonderful grammas!! i am sorry your mom is not well. my mom as well feels like it is over. the chronic uti's are literally killing her. she is so ill most of the time. she just had another urine test and the dr. found 3 different types of bad bacteria. she will start 2 different antibiotics today. we just cannot keep her clear. the antibiotics make her so ill. it is sad. old folks.... hmmmm.

@gottagetthisdown maintains are good lady!! how are you doing? what is your next best step?

lj3mno99zurr.jpg
    Gotta run, it is exercise time.

fc7uyhex8kx2.jpg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff thanks for the support. I can tell Summer suits you. Our watermelon is delicious!
    My stomach is growling at me. Need to get up and make celery juice. Then Molly and I off for our first bike ride. It’s a quickie just to get started.
    I’m taking mom to get her haircut then out to lunch. Some light shopping too.
    Tomorrow is my one year weigh in. I’m putting lots of pressure on myself to get to 142. I’m determined. And this time I will maintain it. 2 days of eating whatever I wanted has led to 5 days of hard work to get my weight back down. Not worth it. I did the 5k on the 4th and somehow that was my excuse to indulge for 2 days. Need to find a better balance and be more mindful. And I knew I was being “naughty” eating skinny popcorn out of the bag instead of putting it in a bowl. And those spoonfuls of Ben n Jerry’s vegan almond brittle right out of the pint we’re old behaviors. That’s ok. I’m learning. I know I don’t have to be perfect but I do need to be respectful of my body, my health and my new behaviors. It’s way too easy to climb back up that scale.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday
    Food not logged but not bad
    Water not enough
    Exercise not enough
    Steps 3,314

I got involved in cleaning yesterday and I lost track of the day. This morning the last of my guests left and MK jumped in with them to spend a couple of nights in PA so it is just me and Daisy until Thursday! I am planning to bike and kayak today. I am going to also do arm exercises. I did put off shopping so I am going to do that today. I am also going to stop at the farmer's market during my bike ride but may stop at a farm stand when I go out shopping too. The farmer's market hasn't been impressive lately but I will check it out anyway. Hoping for an active productive day today. I should hear from PT today too. I actually will go today if they have an opening. Ok-on to my first full day of being back on track! I plan on over 5K steps, over 64 oz water, over 30 min of exercise, eating until satisfied not full, logging my food and not going over, planning tomorrow tonight. I will also listen to my podcasts. Have a great day everyone!

@bmaison2014 Remember we are here for you if you need us. Whatever is going on, just get back on track. Don't let a gain make you spiral downward. You can do this!
    @twyla77 Nice loss!! Things must be going well!
    @McKay85 Nice loss! Moving is tough so I am glad you are giving yourself credit for the portions and the loss you had. Hopefully you are settled in now or settled in enough to get back to your normal routine. It does sound like you are back on track. I am glad you are getting back into boxing. I know you said how much you enjoyed it.
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like that was an awesome class this morning! Nice way to start the day and not have working out hanging over your head.
    @Mrsbell8well I know you can juice all year round but for some reason it sounds so appealing this time of year. What a great idea with the jar, maybe I will do that for myself here at the shore. Sorry to hear about your Mom. Does there seem to be any pattern to when she gets sick? Does it seem to be when she has dialysis the next day or when she has too much fluids? I will keep her in my prayers. Wow! A year tomorrow! Remember, if the scale isn't where you want it to be, that doesn't take away your progress. I have a feeling you won't have to worry though and the scale is going to be down.
    @gottagetthisdown Good job maintaining! Hope everything is going well
    @cyndiestuff I can not wait to see this rock garden! It sounds like it is going to be beautiful! You are right, you need to find some fun things that you enjoy that doesn't require the nice weather. You do have a little time to think about it and enjoy the beautiful weather now. I am so excited for your new job. Your current boss is going to be lost without you. And thank you, it is so easy to beat up on myself. I am really a different person from this time last year.
    @lennoncpa I am sure at least some of it is water weight. The weight on the scale has many factors that go into it. Don't let the scale get you down! Great job with the bike ride I saw you posted, that must have been fun!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @phoebe112476 your consistency is inspiring!
    @lennoncpa on this journey I have had 3 plateaus. One at 166, 155 and 149. Some of it was mental. I broke the plateau by making drastic changes. At 166 I went vegan and gave up sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. At 155 I stuck to GBOMBS and “eat to live”. At 149 I used IF and a lot of self talk.
    These last 2 weeks I have reduced/eliminated salt, lowered carb intake and started using my juicer again.
    It’s not forever.
    I also listen to my bodies needs. I often crave protein.
    But I also “play” with what it feels like to be hungry. I have done many fasts and cleanses. It’s the first few days that are the worst. Then the hunger disappears. I stay mindful on the difference between hunger and weakness. I drink a juice, eat fruit or find something to fuel my body if I’m feeling weak.
    I love to eat! I think about food all the time. The cleanse also gives me a break from dealing with food. It can be a nice break from time to time.
    Molly and I just got back from our first bike ride in 2 1/2 years. She was worried about dealing with traffic so we decided to stay on our own street. Our training was 10 minutes. Our street is hilly. OMG so glad it was only 10 minutes. My legs were so wobbly but we did it!!!
    Amazing to be in such great shape and then struggle. Humbling. But it was fun.
    So last week I was 142.6. By Saturday I was 145.2. I’m embarrassed to admit it. This morning I was 141.8 😁. That’s it!!! That was my 1 year goal. Now I need to maintain from here on out.
    Yes @cyndiesstuff I will tackle maintenance just like I did weight loss.
    I can assure each and every team member that if I can do it so can you!!! How badly do you want it? What are you willing to do to accomplish your optimal health? Isn’t that the whole reason we come here and share? Come on team...get tough and do what you have to do. No more excuses! I can assure you it is sweet and worth it!
    Good luck!
    Who is next to hit their goal?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Btw...Molly has lost 21 pounds this year.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

First off - conference call went well yesterday and we got the results we wanted. It should make the life of our DC much easier (and cheaper for us!) WHEW!

Food: amazing yesterday (even had t-bone steak that was delicious!)
    Water: Great!!
    Exercise: 11,000+ steps and yoga!

I also had an eye doctor appt since I've having trouble reading with my progressive lenses. Time for a new pair. My distance has been stable for a number of years now but he warned me this trend will end after my 50's. BOO! Last 5 or so years, it's only been my distance getting worse and likely due to consistent computer work. So, time for glasses shopping (fun!!) and I have enough money in my FSA for them!

@amsandos - great job avoiding the cake! That's a hard one for me too, I love my sweets. When I was a skinny teenager I used to bake my grandma's hot water chocolate cake recipe all the time. I think we had it weekly. I was a bad influence on my parents :) Funny thing, I love cake, not the icing so much.

@cyndiesstuff - WHEW glad you passed the drug test. I was worried (hahaha not really!!)

Greetings to everyone else - I need to get back to work now. SO much to do today!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well!

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. I am back on track, feeling motivated again. I had a bad week or so with food & exercise, but I am focused and I am planning out my days. Leaving for Vegas 2 weeks from tomorrow, so that is definitely a motivator as well as it being summertime. I was so close to the 150's, I am going to get there. I am down almost 3 pounds since Saturday which has me feeling good.

I feel so out of the loop, I have not been able to catch up with everyone's posts. Thank you @sleepymom5 & @cyndiesstuff for the support, but I am feeling good. I know what I need to do, just have to follow through.

Have a great day! :smiley:
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well Congrats on hitting goal! You are very inspiring! 60 pounds is amazing! You should be very proud! You look so skinny in you race pictures! Good for you!!! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.