WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Super happy today!! Just got home from my post op appointment and I’ve been given the full clear for workouts and in a weeks time I can actually take my kids to the pool!! Next appointment is end of August to get things rolling for my surgery in October!! Also....a peak at today’s lunch. Beef 🥩 with a Potatoes 🥔 and veggies 🥒🍆over the fire grill and strawberries 🍓 and cream for dessert. ❤️

kiho7joc0xi9.jpeg

@mari_moulin So glad all went well at your post op appointment. You have to have another surgery in October? I'm sorry you're going through so much. In the meantime, enjoy that wonderful lunch of yours! :smiley:

Yes I’m currently in the skin removal phase. I did my tummy 11 weeks ago and I have arms and breasts in October.

Oh wow did you have gastric bypass surgery? How long ago?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Super happy today!! Just got home from my post op appointment and I’ve been given the full clear for workouts and in a weeks time I can actually take my kids to the pool!! Next appointment is end of August to get things rolling for my surgery in October!! Also....a peak at today’s lunch. Beef 🥩 with a Potatoes 🥔 and veggies 🥒🍆over the fire grill and strawberries 🍓 and cream for dessert. ❤️

kiho7joc0xi9.jpeg

@mari_moulin So glad all went well at your post op appointment. You have to have another surgery in October? I'm sorry you're going through so much. In the meantime, enjoy that wonderful lunch of yours! :smiley:

Yes I’m currently in the skin removal phase. I did my tummy 11 weeks ago and I have arms and breasts in October.

Yea I had the gastric bypass 2 years ago. June 13th was my 2 year surgiversary. I lost my first 70 lbs on my own with MFP and the rest was lost after my bypass. 3 years total on my journey and down to 167 lbs from 338.8 lbs.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

kiho7joc0xi9.jpeg

Yea I had the gastric bypass 2 years ago. June 13th was my 2 year surgiversary. I lost my first 70 lbs on my own with MFP and the rest was lost after my bypass. 3 years total on my journey and down to 167 lbs from 338.8 lbs.

Congrats that's awesome! 😃😃
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Steps 7/9~ 16,213 😁

I'll catch up to you one day soon, @martinesther88 lolol
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/10~8,325
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    7/9- 16998
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. ☀️ back to my running this morning completing C25K week 4 day 2. Not getting on the stepper this morning but will do my all to do it tonight after my evening walk.

Today is another day of appointments, I see my gastric surgeon for my 2 year follow up. I hope he is happy with my results up until now and I’m excited to tell him where I am with skin removal. Then this evening it’s my boys appointment with the orthodontist. Fun times.

Last nights dinner was high sodium 🧂 so I suspect that’s why I had this 1lb gain this morning. I swear sausages do it every time. So today lots of water to drain this crap out and sticking to lean meats and veggies! Have a wonderful day everyone. ❤️💪🏻
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. ☀️ back to my running this morning completing C25K week 4 day 2. Not getting on the stepper this morning but will do my all to do it tonight after my evening walk.

Today is another day of appointments, I see my gastric surgeon for my 2 year follow up. I hope he is happy with my results up until now and I’m excited to tell him where I am with skin removal. Then this evening it’s my boys appointment with the orthodontist. Fun times.

Last nights dinner was high sodium 🧂 so I suspect that’s why I had this 1lb gain this morning. I swear sausages do it every time. So today lots of water to drain this crap out and sticking to lean meats and veggies! Have a wonderful day everyone. ❤️💪🏻

Sodium will do that ... and hoping... KNOWING.... You will get positive follow-up news.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I had a fantastic day out on the Missisquoi River yesterday with one of my most fun and crazy friends. We paddled 12 km (against the wind all the way!), and then enjoyed a nice cold beer, went to pick up her daughter, and went out for a delicious dinner. I'm sure I ate just about all the calories I spent paddling, but it was a really fun day. Pics to follow! I let my friend be the photographer for the day. I carried the snacks in my kayak :smiley: It felt good to have a day off from the vegetable garden and my boys (love them, but... )

It is lovely to read everyone's news this morning. I have a question that has been niggling for days and I don't want to use Google to get the answer. @AmyRobF - what the heck is a Gazelle? And thanks for the painting encouragement!

@mari_moulin - that lunch. And you can go in the pool now? Life sounds good. Enjoy all the weeks up to your next surgery - you deserve a lot of wonderful times.

@matthewsfive - yeah, you're kicking yourself, but hopefully your son will only get engaged once, right? There are a few occasions in life where we just kind of let go and have fun. Take a deep sigh, smile about all the really, really good parts (I'm sure there were many!) and get back to your clean eating and good exercise. 10 more pounds to surgery! We're watching you!

@leni1us - you too can get back to this. You were on a huge exercise roll a while back (remember the baseball game thing? you killed it!), and you can do it again. I never understand why it is SO HARD to get back going again after we fall off for a while, on either food or exercise. But once you have a couple of days under your belt, it will come back fast too. Just start. Tell us when and how you do, ok? You got this!

@fourathomej - momcare, kidcare, camping prep - no wonder you're exhausted. Try to take a few minutes here and there just to breathe deeply, look around at something beautiful, and do nothing. hugs flying your way!

@Terytha - you always put a smile on my face. If you like to put something yummy on your plain, boring steamed veg, make (or buy) some Gomashio. Toast some sesame seeds (use a cast iron or other nice solid flat skillet), and make a think layer of sesame seeds on the bottom. Put on the heat, and keep those little seeds moving fairly constantly with a wooden spoon or some kind of spatula. When they start turning golden go carefully, they'll smell lovely too. Hopefully you have a mortar and pestle or a Japanese suribachi (ridged bowl and wooden pestle). Put the seeds in there, with some coarse salt (not too much!) and grind them up. Sprinkle this stuff on anything - it is fabulous!

OK! Wednesday weigh ins:
    @Fourathomej
    @karenesg
    @offitgoes

THANKS!!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar I will definitely try that! It sounds delish.

My scale has started giving me three different answers within three minutes, which is definitely not water weight lol. But I can't seem to find where batteries go. I paid like five bucks for it ages ago, might be time for a replacement. Is there any meaning in spending money on a good scale, or am I more or less getting the same results from a cheap one?
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks @jugar. You are always so encouraging. This analogy came to me while I was reading your post. I think it's harder to "get back on the horse" because you have to work in the saddle. Watch where you're going, balance, avoid potholes, steer clear of obstacles etc. On the ground you have none of those issues. It's far easier to be on the ground than on the horse but it takes you longer to get anywhere. I want to be an equestrian marvel so back on the horse I go. (I hope that made sense....it did to me).
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @jugar This is the Gazelle, it is very low impact and folds up. I paid $20 for it at a yard sale. Not sure if it really burns a lot of calories but it gets me moving!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    @AmyRobF I have a gazelle...haven't used it in a while but bought it about 20 years ago...lol...always loved it!!!
This discussion has been closed.