• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username: leni1us
    Week: July Week 2
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    SW: 170.4
    CW: 166.8

Not much movement on the scale. Need to really work on water this week.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Weigh in Day, Friday

that's 3.6 pounds down, that's great!!!!!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Username @evangsimmons170
    7/7/19
    Exercise minutes = 53
    Steps = 12,760
    Water (in oz) = 54

7/8/19
    Exercise minutes = 119
    Steps = 14,346
    Water (in oz) = 64

7/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 74
    Steps = 9,600
    Water (in oz) = 52

7/10/19
    Exercise minutes = 66
    Steps = 8,637
    Water (in oz) = 17

7/11/19
    Exercise minutes = 104
    Steps = 14,031
    Water (in oz) = 48

I thought I hit "post reply" yesterday.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I’m on vacation this week and don’t have a scale. Heck - I barely have WiFi or cell service. Clothes are fitting the same, so can we just keep last weeks weight?

My ankle has improved a lot so it wasn’t a sprain! I’m still taking it easy though - I think it was the jumping jacks that did me in.

Steps:
    7/6 6994
    7/7 3704
    7/8 8091
    7/9 2418 (but I did take an 8.49 mile bike ride if that’s convertible - per livesrtong it’s about 17,930 steps)20348 in total.
    7/10 6696
    7/11 8313

Please let me know if converting is ok, I ride an exercise bike at home a lot.

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day, Friday

I think that is a really big movement on the scale!! Congrats
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day, Friday

Not much movement?! That’s an amazing loss!! We done this week!
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OK gang, I've got 2 days to walk 40,000 steps. Here's my very aggressive plan for today and tomorrow in order to reach my 100,000 step goal by the time I go to bed tomorrow night (7/13/19) at 10 pm:

5,000 steps by noon
    10,000 steps by 3 pm
    15,000 steps by 6 pm
    20,000 steps by 9 pm

My wiggle room is in the morning (before 9 am) since I've been waking up late practically every day. But if I get up earlier, then that will only help my quest. I'm sooooo pumped! Ordinarily I don't notice physical changes in me when I'm losing weight, but this week I most definitely noticed some NSVs. My shoulders are becoming more defined thanks to the hand weights I've been using several times a week while I'm doing my Leslie Sansone videos. My calves are becoming more shapely from all the walking as well. And my well-endowed posterior is looking more 'tamed' (even without a Spanx)! I've been tracking my weight daily and I can't wait to share it with you tomorrow on my weigh-in day. I'll give more details tomorrow, but for now, all I will say is that I finally found the right combination of food, exercise, and sleep that works best for my body.

Stay tuned.....

Oh, I'm so excited for you to be so close to 100,000 steps!! It's inspiring. Good luck!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Welp. Tomorrow is the big work lunch. Hotdogs, pulled pork, churros, and copious amounts of alcohol. Beer pong, I hear. There's always this surreal feeling for me when I'm at work drinking.

Once that's over, back to faire grounds for the show. Probably dinner too, the show ends around midnight. Gotta really focus that will power this time. I finally, finally dropped to the 230's, I don't want to mess that all up.

16 hours drinking with coworkers... I may not wake up until Sunday. If you don't hear from me until then that'll be why.

You are very brave or you are a great drunk person!! LOL
    Years ago, I was at a work holiday party for my husband's workplace. His coworker's wife had too much to drink and was telling the group I was in all about their sex life in great detail. One of the others in the group was friends with her and trying to change the topic but she wasn't having it. She was very loud. At one point my husband came over to me, took my drink and gave me a glass of water. He leaned down and said, I'm cutting you off right now. It was all I could do not fall over laughing.
    Over the years we have presented each other with a glass or bottle of water at different events when there is someone that has had a drink or five too many. It still makes me laugh.

Have fun! but maybe not too much fun. :blush:

I don't really get that drunk. Drunk me is just regular me only everything is funny. I get crazy giggle fits.

Some of my coworkers are not as good. But my boss likes open bars.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Weigh in Day, Friday

You had an amazing loss!!!! Congrats 😄
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in Friday
    HW: 212 (October 2018)
    PW: 179
    CW: 176.4 :)
    All that running!

Job well done!!!!😄
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355
    Week 2
    PW 185.6
    CW 185
    Going on vacation Tuesday-Friday. I will still try to weigh in on Friday but may not get it on here until Saturday. Hope you all have a great week!!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Very nice weigh in @Pearla4686!!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Small update: this is all giving me terrible anxiety so I am hiding at my desk instead.

Some days I can handle groups of people. Today is not one. It's way too chaotic.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! (or whatever it might be where you are :smiley: )

Thanks for the updates.
    @Terytha I know exactly how you feel. Groups can be really hard. Go out for a walk and come back in maybe? Pick one person for a conversation just the 2 of you? Hugging you from here anyhow!

@visiri - no problem about keeping last week's weight until you are back in scale-land. As to conversion of biking to steps, I'll leave that up to you. I wish I had thought of it when I was counting steps! I do a lot more biking than walking some days. For the moment I put it in as a conversion, so let me know if you decide to keep them separate. Also if anyone else wants to do this, it could be OK as long as no one objects. @visiri could you post the link on livestrong for the conversion? That way if everyone thinks it is OK, everyone uses the same conversion.

@evangsimmons170 - I bet you have 10,000 steps done by now! You are amazing, and I cannot wait to see how well you are doing on your weigh-in for tomorrow. Great NSVs too!

@connie7355 - it is fine to weigh in one day late for next week - just don't forget on Saturday, OK? And have a great time on vacation! We want to hear all about it when you're back.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here’s the site with the formula
    https://www.livestrong.com/article/187672-how-to-convert-exercise-bike-miles-to-steps/
    And thanks!!! I either cycle or walk for exercise, so converting keeps me competitive - as long as everyone is ok with it.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Username @evangsimmons170

Your exercise minutes are amazing and inspiring. What do you do for so many minutes? Walk? Inside or outside exercise? Way to go!👏🏼👏🏼

Well Sunday morning I walked outside on a nearby paved trail. But mostly its been all indoors at home with either my Leslie Sansone videos or marching in place while binge watching Netflix. The trick is I have to keep marching...pretty much doing my Leslie Sansone moves for the entire length of the show, regarding whether or not it's a 45 minute episode or a longer movie. I just started watching star trek the prequel yesterday. I'm finding that during the action parts I'm instinctively walking faster and sometimes breaking into a light jog. I'm really more focused on the show. Lol but its been fun.

I think my body and metabolism have finally accepted the fact that I'm not playing because this week's weigh in on Saturday is sure looking promising and significant. Just gotta stay the course!

That’s great! I’m going to have to try that. I try to get out, but do spend a few hours most nights watchingTV. I try to get up and walk around, but I will try marching or jogging through a show. Thanks! And can’t wait to see your awesome weigh in on Saturday.

Back in my just-starting-out days, I had a "Walk-While-You-Watch" rule too for myself. Clocked many, many exergame steps that way!

If anyone is just starting trying to build up endurance and leave couch-potato-hood behind, this can be a way to start. Walk on the spot at a pace you can maintain, for as long as you can, with the tv for a distraction. Try to make it from one set of commercials to the next (if you can already do more, don't stop!) Rest during commercials if you have to, then start up again. Repeat for the next show.

What I like about this strategy is .... getting my exercise time / steps in o:) , while never missing a MUST-watch episode of [insert fave series here] >:)

Very handy when the weather is too hot / too humid / too stormy / too much wind-chill ....... and GETTING to the mall for indoor mall-walking isn't gonna happen.

Depending on your in-house set-up .... you could also apply the same strategy while on a treadmill, stepper, elliptical, gazelle, or rowing machine .... or going up-up-down-down on you aerobic step-bench ... whatever your in-house cardio gadget of choice is.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    ..... Does anyone else sew or textile hand-craft? (be it embroidery, needlework pictures of some sort, or knitting / crocheting)

I've been crafty ever since I can remember. Jack-of-all-types, master of none.

I have been crafting forever, too. When I was a kid, I used to crochet dresses for my dolls.
    I haven't crocheted in a few years. I also, have a loom which I haven't woven on in a couple of years. My husband is making noises about selling it. I'm mostly okay with that as the loom is too big. It's a 50 inch loom. Takes up too much space.

I do a decent job with a sewing machine. I would have loved to take a how to adapt a commercial pattern class!! One of my daughters was active in theater and I spend a number of years helping with costumes. I few years ago I found in the library the Reader's Digest: Complete Guide to Sewing, copy write 1976. I ended up finding one online to buy for myself. This helped me a lot. I was having trouble because the bust darts for Wednesday Addams (The Addams Family) were in the wrong spot and I needed to make three of the same dress with variations in fabric. Normally in theater you can get away with the 50 foot rule (it only has to look good from 50 ft away), but it was too obvious and distracting.

The book explained how patterns are made for a young woman's body. A younger girl will need a higher dart and an older woman would need a lower dart because of the natural progression of maturing. I was able to measure the girl and adjust the pattern. Worked like a charm.

SOOOO nice to know that there are still crafters out there!

Older sewing books (and cooking books) tended to be more comprehensive, didn't they? Because more people were actually doing home sewing then, and needed the wider range of reference "why/how to" right at hand.

Nowadays, it's hard enough just to find a pattern&fabric store that isn't only upholstery!

I don't know if you saw the other follow-up, but @jugar used to do costume-sewing too.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Italian-wedding dinner (and lots of dancing!) tomorrow .... good thing my weigh in was today! I will let people know on Sunday how many courses they ended up serving .... plus sandwiches at midnight .... depending on how "traditional" they go ....
This discussion has been closed.