Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!
    The steps report for last week :smiley:

cl2pv7gafql5.png

SO! Last week, the intrepid steppers strode a total of 581,918 steps. Yep. Over a half a million. That is around 465.5 km, or 279 miles. And it was really hot last week where most of you are - so extra crazy HATS OFF to you all.

If you want to imagine you were somewhere much cooler, you might have been in the Puyehue National Park in the Los Lagos Region of Chile. TheSanta Elvira - Las Parras trail runs between two lakes, Toro Lake and Paraiso Lake, and on to the 1,500 meter Cerro Sarnoso mountain. It is possible to view wildlife including pudús, kodkods and long-nosed caenolestids, as well as the native Valdivian rainforest. I like that I have never heard of those animals.

Here is a refreshing waterfall you may have passed:
    l9856r59xhw1.png

The TOP 3 STEPPERS!

#1 - @fourathomej with 102,891 steps = 82.3 km = 49.4 miles. SHE SAW EVERYTHING! Well done!
    #2 - @mari_moulin with 96,584 steps = 77.3 km = 46.4 miles. Must have felt awesome in the high clear air!
    #3 - @zlauerMom with 85,882 steps = 68.7 km = 41.2 miles. GREAT GOING!

Congrats to all of you who keep count and make yourselves healthier, fitter, and happier. MORE! ENCORE! BRAVO!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good morning! I am a bit stalled out this week but hoping for a small loss on Sunday. Had friends over last weekend and we ate pasta which had a lot of salt in it. Delicious but no longer really do that!

Have a great day and weekend everybody.

Hello Andrea. It’s so nice to get news. How is your husband doing? Fingers crossed for your weigh in on Sunday and glad you’ve been able to enjoy your friendly company. Those are the moments we work so hard for. Enjoy ❤️

Thanks Mari. He is doing very well. We walked 14K steps yesterday. Through the underground Path system in Toronto. Today not feeling as good so less walking but he still got out for 1/2 hour.

He has already lost 10+ pounds following the DASH diet. It is not the one in the recemt series of books, but rather the original one endorsed by the Heart Institutes. No booze, less added fat. Low in lower fat meat/fish/chicken. Whole grains, fruits and veggies. We will see what the doc says soon.

It was really nice to have our friends over. It was my grade school best friend from Montreal and her husband of 35 years. I have known her for 55 years. We are not frequently in touch, but when we get together we don't miss a beat.

xx
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well, I saw the nutritionist today and she is pleased. I have lost 10.4 pounds in eight weeks on her scale.

If anyone is interested in knowing more, let me know and I can give you more detail of how it works.

Good luck to everyone. I have decided to try to lose 16 more pounds this year to get to 145.

Congrats on your weight loss. That's fantastic! Glad you had a good time with your friends. Sounds like your hubby is on the mend. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Second small update: there are like. A thousand times more people at the faire today than last time I was here. It's like being in Tokyo during rush hour all over again. I was feeling a bit faint.

But we made it safely to the show, and I'm on my fifth bottle of water.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well, I saw the nutritionist today and she is pleased. I have lost 10.4 pounds in eight weeks on her scale.

If anyone is interested in knowing more, let me know and I can give you more detail of how it works.

Good luck to everyone. I have decided to try to lose 16 more pounds this year to get to 145.

I would love to know more about what your nutritionist is saying. So glad hubby is doing well. You both have had great losses.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Up early for my workout but this time I decided to go for a full 5k run. Just to see. And I did it at my best time yet. 35 minutes. Last time was in March before my surgery and I’ve just beat that time. I’m gonna continue doing C25K but will throw in a full 5k once a week. My eating can be better but having my hubby home on his vacation we have been allowing ourselves an evening ice cream and lots of BBQs and beers. I’ve been keeping all my sides vegetables so at least there’s that right. So far so good with my loss this month. Almost at my 2 lb loss goal for July. ❤️💪🏻
    xfdngk6ox4bg.jpeg

uamoslff3zmd.jpeg

ghojrrk5zb3o.jpeg

3t6h7knqz4qi.jpeg

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 169.1
    Todays Weight: 168.3

Steps:
    Sun - 19,056
    Mon - 26,233
    Tue - 22,649
    Wed - 20,209
    Thu - 13,689
    Fri - 16,831
    Sat - TBA

• micki48
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 200.1
    Todays Weight: 200.6 😫

Getting frustrated. Steps were better this week. Logged food. I know I could eat less, but with results like this over and over and over, it makes me want to eat whatever I want and forget it. I know that’s not the answer, but can’t seem to get away from 200. This is the third month! bhf9b6mcm109.jpeg

• jugar
    Options
    YO HO! IT'S SATURDAY, TEAM WAISTAWAYS!

I am feeling a lot of GRIT on the team lately. We've got our new Stepping Queen @zlauerMom, @evangsimmons170 exercising and figuring out the formula that WORKS, @Perla4686 @mari_moulin and the C25K gang out there eating up the roads and surprising even themselves against all odds, @Andreabroadley getting diet and exercise all kinds of straightened out for her and her dear hubby, @Terytha drinking up the WATER at the faire, @visiri learning the evils of jumping jacks but getting in the cycling and stepping in spite of a sore ankle, and lots of you on vacation, getting through parties, family visits, festivals, and hot weather with your commitments and resolutions intact, even if sometimes temporarily off the rails. WAY TO GO!

That done, I need to remind you (not yet nag!) about Saturday weigh-ins: B)
    @evangsimmons170
    @FLAWLESS_K (not sure if you want to stay on Saturdays as when you signed up, or go to Mondays????)
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @SueSueDio
    @Loriab901

If you're on vacation, be sure to let me know so that you can be excused from a weigh-in! You really don't want that unsightly red NWI indication...

And then I move on to actual nagging for late weigh-ins :/
    @karenesg
    @jlbtnc
    @kx7003
    @WLCMAC81

Get them in - no matter how up or down. You know the numbers make me happy... Gotta have them by midnight!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username - Matthewsfive
    Weigh in Day -Saturday
    Week 2
    PW - 212.6
    CW - 212.8

Not a good week, I did get back on track but not soon enough to see a loss. Next week I'm hoping for better
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar I need to move my challenge goal to 3 pounds. Hopefully. But no way am I hitting 5#s. I’ll take it if some miracle happens though.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/12~6,500
  • wlcmac81
    wlcmac81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Username: wlcmac81
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 353.5 (354.2 starting)
    Todays Weight: 353
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks for the numbers! More to come - keeping me all kinds of happy all evening, I'm hoping.

It has been a HOT day in the garden, the market, and the kitchen. I feel so domesticated. Time for some wilder projects! Conference call tomorrow with a possible festival next summer to re-mount one of my group's coolest projects. I hope it works :smiley:

I have an idea. I hear your frustration, @micki48 - you are always there, always working hard, and making not quite the progress you want. You know all the things to do (portions, weighing food, more calories burned, etc. etc. etc.). How about a partner or two? There are some others in the team that might fit the bill. @visiri is also REALLY close to 200. You might team up, read each other's daily diaries, text and pester each other, share ideas, and all the fun stuff. There are also @cory17 who may be in need of some inspiration, and @matthewsfive just getting ready to up her game. There are many ways to have a breakthrough. You CAN MAKE IT to ONEDERLAND.

@evangsimmons170 - great job on your loss this week for sure!!! Green challenges updated.

@Terytha - you too B) so good.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in:

Username: SueSueDio

Last week: 161lbs
    This week: 162.5lbs... :(

I know why this is. I know what I need to do. Why is it so hard to just get on and DO it?! Argh. Sorry for bringing the average down.

(I'm also about three days behind on the chat, so hugs, cheers or commiserations as appropriate to those who need them! ;) )
  • Andreabroadley
    edited July 2019
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

I would love to know more about what your nutritionist is saying. So glad hubby is doing well. You both have had great losses.

Thanks so much! Ok, here is what she is encouraging me to eat. It works out to about 1300-1400 calories a day. My TDEE on my apple watch is about 2200 right now. Can't really get much more given events at home. So I am getting say a 500-700 deficit per day.

They have tilted me toward more protein for now. About 90 grams of high quality protein. I am not much of a meat eater. Anyway they really want fish and tofu (which I am allergic to, so no go) and boneless skinless chicken about 3 oz. 2 eggs is one serving 1 cup of milk (a bit low but close enough, I usually add a bit of protein powder). 1/2 cup legumes.

I get to eat 4 servings of added fats per day. This could be 4 tbsp of olive oil. No butter. If it is margarine a serving is 1 tsp. Low fat salad dressing is 2 tbsp. This is to keep this unsaturated. Who knows about this because there is newer research in the area of fats. 8 almonds or 40 pistachios. 1 tbsp flaxseed. Everything unsalted.

Vegetables are free. Except no white potatoes, corn. Sweet potatoes ok twice a week. I am shooting for at least 7 servings a day. Eating cucumbers, carrots, green leafy veg, tomatoes, asparagus. I also like kale but the rest of my family doesn't!

Fruit - 2 servings. Medium apples. A banana is considered 2 servings. For fruits like grapes a serving is 1/2 cup.

Grains - 1 serving. That would be 2 slices whole wheat bread. 1/2 cup cooked rice, barley. Pasta not really workable right now. No chips, snack food.

Low fat cheese - it works out to about 1 oz a day.

Then 2 treats per week. Two small ie 4 oz glasses white or red wine that is not sweet. Or 2 more grain servings. Or two more fruit servings.

Pretty rigorous. Won't be the long term solution. But it is getting me 1 pound a week.

I take vitamin D supplement, 1 calcium pill and 2 omega 3's a day as well.

Here is what I ate yesterday.

jb8bjn5vqn0m.png
  • Andreabroadley
    Options

Congrats on your weight loss. That's fantastic! Glad you had a good time with your friends. Sounds like your hubby is on the mend. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks so much. Congrats on your great loss this week.

Re slow and steady - Yes you are right. I rarely show a big movement on the scale week to week. So I just keep trying to edge it forward in the right direction these days.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Steps:

Sat - 20,678
This discussion has been closed.