• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jwall309
    Week 2
    Friday
    Pw: 172
    Cw: 171.6

Truly moving at a snails pace the past few weeks.....i have been seeing huge fluctuations in my weight from the beginning to the end of the week. I know i need to tighten up my weekends, but i truly did not think i was indulging anymore than normal. Clearly not the case based on the scale.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: over but right at maintenance
    Day: didn’t take the healthiest approach today in regards to my moms birthday dinner. I knew we were going to a restaurant with unlimited small plates and cocktails, so I did my best to not eat during the day in preparation. At the dinner I did stick to the lowest calorie cocktail, vodka soda, and mostly had the vegetable based small plates with a few carb heavy dishes thrown in. Did an estimation of what i ate as best as i could.

Going to try my best to stay on track for the rest of the weekend. I’d really like to stay in calorie goal the rest of the days
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    🙋🏽 🌅 😎 Goooooood FriYAY morning!!
    @Perla4686~ Glad you were able to stay away from junk food despite, TOM. TOM messes with me, too. But I’m perimenopause, so I can’t always tell until I look at my calendar. Again, using my calendar as a tool to keep me on track for several things. Somethings that help me is… stretching on the floor instead of a workout. Kinda a light Yoga workout. Getting the flood moving and laying on the floor feels lazy. Lol And making sure I get enough sleep. You managed your Wednesday well! :) Yeah, you!
    > Sooooooooo agree with allowing “treats” throughout the week so as not to binge. I was at the market and the chocolates were trying to get my attention. But then I reminded myself, “I already had a Dove square. I don’t need anything… I had my treat.” So good for you for having a good strategy for staying on track.
    >Yes, different strokes for different folks. And it’s hard!! Do you get 7-8 hours of sleep at night? I weigh-in on Sunday so that 1) I stay focused for Friday & Saturday, but then can have Sunday as an “off” day if needed or a family meal or a matinee treat with hubby, and 2) so that I am sure to get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I notice how during the week my weight fluctuates when I get less than 8 hours of sleep. Anyway. Hopefully, you can stop tormenting yourself. I noticed that another posted about “getting out the scale” only once per week. Can you put your scale away so that you only get it out on weigh-in day? Just a thought. HUGS
    >Wooohoooooo!! You’re on week 6! Awesome. How many weeks are there? Do you have a 5k scheduled to run? Great Thursday! :)
    >wooooooooooo!! Great loss! Yes, all that running. Awesome. So excited for you!
    @JamieD328~ Walk, walk, walking Wednesday!! Such a good choice to not waste gas and to walk the mall. I bet it was nice and peaceful, too. Bummer on lunch. But still living and learning. And focus on that walk!!! :) Bummer on the gain. Yep. Consistency. You can do it. What do you do or use daily that you can use as a reminder tool to make smart choices? I put a smile on my calendar at the end of the night. It helps me realize that I had too many non-smiles in a row. And also when I don’t get a smile. I can talk myself up and out of the funk by seeing that I CAN do it! Thursday - glad you got in a few extra steps! I hope on your drive this morning you played some loud music and on your way back didn’t pull into any you-know-whats! :) Mind over matter. How can you make the most and take advantage of a situation? Things to ponder.
    @Rozbee1~ That’s so awesome. I’m glad you shared. Your steps on Wednesday was wonderful!! Yeah you!
    @jupdyke~ Yeah you! A good day. Weird Wednesday being home all night. ;) Another great day! Thanks for sharing.
    @skullsandskeletons~ HUGS I hope work gets better for you. That’s no fun. Especially if you are forcing yourself to eat. It must be really bad. Yikes! I’m glad you chose to eat and healthy. Maybe some deep breathing and exhaling to rid of some stress a walk around the block?
    @ajaia2001~Wednesday... Good, normal & wonderful! :) Yes, good Thursday, also. Hopefully, you will be surprised for Friday’s weigh-in; but if not you know why.
    @Kate_X4~ Wonderful Wednesday… exercise, tracking, under calories, and smart dessert choice! Yes!! Good job! :) Thursday-- yikes! So sorry to hear about your mom’s health. It’s hard to not stuff our emotions. But wow… good job on preparing for the next day. Good job. Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS
    @Toyota100~ Yes, keep trying. Our mindset needs to embrace that we are on a lifelong journey. That today is going to be better than yesterday and tomorrow is going to be better today. But the key to it is sticking with it every day. Good job on getting in 30 minutes before work!! Yeah!!! Yes, keep coming here for support. Hope to hear more from you and that your days are getting in more and more steps.
    @tbchitwood76~ Whoa! What a great loss! Your hard work paid off for sure!! So excited for you. :)
    @GoalDigger11~ Yes!! Another lb gone! :) Great job! Keep that hard work going strong.
    @jwall309~ Wednesday take-out! Good job on making that smart choice. Yeah you!! Just had another two thoughts, since you weigh daily. Have you noticed a gain on nights you eat later than others and sleep less than others? So there may be some other things you can tweak, or not. 🤷🏽‍♀️ A loss! You feel you may be losing at a snail’s pace, but you’re also not gaining and losing (yo-yo) which means your body will be able to sustain your loss overall for a long period of time. It’s healthier. I think you managed Thursday in a smart way and still partaking. Do your best. Somehow you will shake it up and then off!! Enjoy the concert tonight!!
    @red1185~ So glad you’re sharing and talking about it. I notice that sometimes vocalizing it or writing about it gets out some of that emotion. Then I can rationalize. I too know that feeling of being overwhelmed with the up/down ride of being too tired, but not doing anything about it. So my suggestion to you is to focus on what you can do and create habits. Maybe you feel that you can’t do it all before vacation. So make a plan on paper so that upon return you have it ready to go!! Some ideas: 1) every morning - 10minutes of exercise. 2) Plan 1 healthy snack for the “weakest” time of the day. 3) Plan on a small dinner salad to help fill the belly. 4) Fill water bottles to have ready for each day’s consumption, no counting- just drinking. 5) Plan a “boredom” activity instead of eating. 6) Have a strategy for emotional times. These are some ideas to start you thinking about what habits you can create. Focus on making habits and not the scale, the scale will follow; along with your mood and energy. :) You won’t be kicked out.. I have it noted!! We want you to be on our team. Enjoy your vacation. Just be mindfu.l… and when in doubt choose to eat half or plan to share! And remember it’s better to go to WASTE than to your WAIST!
    @klilev~ Thursday… good workout! :) Yes, being at home is sometimes harder than being at work. But you tracked and didn’t do terribly. Keep going strong! 💪
    @wander216~ Good job on a good Thursday!! Enjoy family time. Try to choose just a taste of food items and eat half of what you normally would. You’ll do fine. Focus on family!!
    @Gustaaf85~ Drats. You will lose it this week… focus and work hard. You can do it!
    @Terry111330~ Good job! You did well on watching carefully. Hope the renovating is also fun. It’s going to look great when done, I’m sure. Keep up the good work and stay strong over the weekend. :)

Okay.... time to get ready for my day!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: July - wk2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 159.6
    Current Weight: 161.1

I'm okay with this gain, really thought it would be more. I'm getting back into my routine so hopefully by next weigh in I've lost the gain and possibly a little bit more 💪🤸‍♀️
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, July Week 2
    PW = 126.10 lb
    CW= 127.87 lb
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday July 12:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: not specifically but got lots of steps running around at work.

Another crazy day at work! It’s all good. Thanks @johicks for the support!
  • johicks
    Options
    2xw7tv0etckj.jpg
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    b]Daily Post (Friday 07/12)[/b]
    Track: 🤩
    Calories: 🤩
    Exercise 20+mins: 40 mins 😅
    8+ Water: 💧x14
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: 🤩
    Today was a good, easy, non-eventful, low emotion, regular day. I started with arms using 5# weights. GREAT workout. Then went to.moms and helped her with yard work for 20 minutes. Good thing she has AC for me to chill in before work. Day 6 of DO-IT attitude. DONE.

Onto Saturday and hopefully a regular weekend.
  • johicks
    Options
    @ajaia2001~ I know it’s a bummer to gain; but you’re having a great attitude about it. PLUS you jumped right back into your healthy routine after your family trip. You’re doing great!! Yep, it will be gone soon! (and more!) Keep it up! 🏃 💪 💧

@germaine_yee~ Drats! There are two weeks left in the July challenge to lose that gain. You can do it! 👊🏽

@skullsandskeletons~ Glad to hear you say it’s all good. Was worried about you. Good Friday. Hopefully, you get some quality puppy time this weekend to unwind.

So I was laying in bed binging last night. Binge-watching that is! And a couple of times food came across my mind. And my thoughts were: “If you are thinking about eating, it’s time for bed. So either stop thinking or turn off the TV and go to sleep.” Then without grabbing my phone to look at the MFP app, “How many calories do I have left? I could probably have some popcorn. Wait. Stop. If you walk back into the kitchen then you are going to regret it. You have had a great week of no night binging. So just stay put.” Then after that “Why and how is it easier to lay here and talk myself out of it this week?” Then the one that struck me the most “Wow. This feels great to not let food control me. I can lay here and be content. I truly believe that I can make this my new lifestyle. I ate well today, I’m content, I’m happy, and I don’t need food to make me feel that way.”

Whoa!! Right!?? Man is that a great journal memory moment or what!? Now if I could only bottle that and take a pill every night. Oh, wait. I can sorta. I will add start night affirmations and that will be in it!! Thanks for letting me share and talking that out. I’m glad I remembered it all.

• johicks
    Options
    Some thoughts for discussion… Comment on all or just one. What are your strengths? What do you need help with most?
    • 1. Do you weigh daily or not? Why? Or why not?
    • 2. How many hours of sleep do you get? Can you tell a difference with weight loss? How?
    • 3. Something we too often forget when eating out…. We have the choice of eating half and getting a take-out box. So we can have the leftovers from lunch as dinner, or from dinner for lunch the next day. What are some other strategies for eating out?
    • 4. What are some wonderful “dessert” alternatives, besides fruit? Do you use a cool whipped topping? How?
    • 5. How and what do you use to help you get in your 64oz of water?
    • 6. What strategies do you use to keep yourself consistent: exercise, eating, etc.?
    • 7. What “aha” moments have you had recently?

kixriw42z6ma.jpg
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    3kycf40cszae.gif

Hello team @RTM members. Today is the last day of week #2 in July. And there are still a few who have yet to post a weigh-in. We want to hear from you.
    @_Mina_A . . . . SUN (7/07)
    @watchme1989 SUN (7/07)
    @Fivepts . . . . . .FRI (7/12)
    @lovethyneighbor
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611
    @wander216

And to our @RTM who haven’t posted a weigh-in at all this month, we hope you haven’t given up. Please post a weigh-in for extra support and accountability.:
    @NK9O
    @Melanie1979a
    @pparadee
    @bakay138
    @dantarbox
    @deepthimudigonda
    @thinkthingem
    @Hey3432

• klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Friday check in:
    Exercise: run and legs at the gym
    Day: Very long but good
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Track: no
    Calories: gotta be over
    Exercise: lots of walking
    I am out with coworkers, so even though my steps are up, I know my calories have been high.
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Track: yes
    Exercise: hike with my family
    Day: It was a great day. I had a great time with my husband and kids on our hike today and got some studying in this afternoon. Hope to get more studying in tonight and I have a nice decaf coffee to enjoy instead of snacks.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Saturday July 13
    Exercise: no

Another hectic work day! I was still able to fit in a load of laundry, stop by a gathering and make a batch of tuna salad despite working a full day. Whew. Going to probably cash in a few vacation days in August or September.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Some thoughts for discussion… Comment on all or just one. What are your strengths? What do you need help with most?
    • 1. Do you weigh daily or not? Why? Or why not?
    • 2. How many hours of sleep do you get? Can you tell a difference with weight loss? How?
    • 3. Something we too often forget when eating out…. We have the choice of eating half and getting a take-out box. So we can have the leftovers from lunch as dinner, or from dinner for lunch the next day. What are some other strategies for eating out?
    • 4. What are some wonderful “dessert” alternatives, besides fruit? Do you use a cool whipped topping? How?
    • 5. How and what do you use to help you get in your 64oz of water?
    • 6. What strategies do you use to keep yourself consistent: exercise, eating, etc.?
    • 7. What “aha” moments have you had recently?

kixriw42z6ma.jpg

1. I do weigh daily probably due to a bit of OCD. I think sometimes it is good to keep me on track but can also play mind games with me.
    2. Sleep is not good ever since middle age hit. It’s hard to quantity because I get up to pee multiple times a night lol.
    3. My go to eating out strategy is to find the menu online ahead of time and plan accordingly.
    4. No desserts for me. Not into sweets.
    5. Water is an issue. I never get enough.
    6. Consistently tracking in mfp is what works best. I also tend to bank calories by eating less early in the day because I like to eat a lot in the evening. Being in control of the household grocery shopping is also a win.
    7. Aha moment.... I guess it’s realizing that having a binge doesn’t really make me feel “full” emotionally. It actually makes me feel yucky physically. I have to find what fulfills my spirit.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 20 min abs workout
    Goal/Day: Tiring day/ week. Still on 60 hr work weeks. I miss my normal 3 days off, this having only Sunday off is really messing with my at home workouts. While at home, usually I try not to do less than 30 mins of high intensity but it's been a struggle to get in 20 mins of any kind of exercises. I might have to look into changing my plan at bootcamp to include the weekends 🤔
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    A version of one of my favorite quotes.... "Attitude" by Charles Swindoll

fbw7qb5mznbb.jpg

SHOW ME YOUR ATTITUDE!
This discussion has been closed.