Options

Replies

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Day: Went a bit over on calories today with my after dinner snack but I'm choosing to be more lenient on myself this week to ease back into the mindset for the rest of the month. I've been on this journey for 4.5 months and I needed a little mental break. Weighed in this morning (Wednesday) just to see how things were going and it was a better number than expected! We will see if I decide to weigh tomorrow before heading out of town for the night.

@johicks that sounds like such a fun 4th of July celebration! I don't know how many people come into DC for 4th of July, but the President is attending this year and one thing you learn after living in DC for long enough is that regardless of who the current President is, DC people stay far away from any event the President attends in the city. The crowds and logistics are just a nightmare to deal with, so for that reason alone I can't wait to get out of town to a quieter celebration.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @johicks Just letting you know I won't be posting until I get back home on Monday.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report
    Run: :'( no workout
    Track: yes and slightly over but under maintenance and had good food (as in delicious but healthy), which I know I need or else I crash!
    Mind: still going strong!
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow am... I had 1 or 2 day of going a bit over calories, but I never ate above maintenance and I was under calories a few other times so no biggie. Fingers crossed to see 151 or lower, which would put me at a 3lb drop for week 1, which is nice to start with since it won't happen later, LOL. Been really good at getting walks in at least every other day.
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Nothing formal, but I tromped around the park all morning taking pictures for social media (I'm a park ranger at a historic site) and when I got back to my office, my fitbit said I had gotten 61 active minutes.
    Healthier habits: I really wanted to mindlessly snack this evening, but I kept my hands busy and stayed out of the kitchen and managed to not eat anything after dinner.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday July 3:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no but got more steps in than usual.

Headed out tomorrow to visit family. Dropping the dog off for a follow up after the ER incident and hoping hubby will responsibly take it from there while I am gone!
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily post We'd
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes, a 45 min walk and a workout video!!
    A bit nervous for 4th and the amount of junk that will be around! Making some food to bring along and hoping to get a morning workout in to stay on track!
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for July 3nd
    Track - yes
    Within calories - yes
    Exercise - 30 minutes on tread mill
    No late night snacking
    :)
  • tbchitwood76
    tbchitwood76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Username: tbchitwood76
    Weigh in Week: July, week 1 (7/4)
    Previous Weight: 237.8
    Current Weight: 234.6
    One thing I did well was to complete cardio and strength training 4/7 days! 💪🏻
    One thing to improve is increasing my water intake and eat more of the “right” foods! 🥗🍓
  • tbchitwood76
    tbchitwood76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Username:tbchitwood76
    Weigh in Week: July, Week 1 (7/4)
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 237.8
    Current Weight: 234.6
    One thing I did well was cardio and strength training 4/7 days! 💪🏻
    One thing to improve is to increase my water intake and eat more of the “right” foods! 🍓🥗🍑
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Name: GoalDigger11
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Weigh in Week: week 1
    Start weight: 154 lbs
    Previous Weight: 154 lbs
    Current Weight: 150.6 lbs
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @johicks I’m going out of town on July 14 for 2 weeks. What do I do if I can’t weigh in? I’m going to weigh in before I leave, but idk if I’ll be able to on the 21st, or 28th. I definitely don’t want to be kicked out of the group 😕
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Just done C25K week 5 run 2. Really pushed myself to go despite being very tired. I had a real shock when the app got me to run 2 sets of 8 minutes! Feeling very good that didn't give up.
    +That got my calories for today back in the green! (Too many biscuits :( )
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday July 4
    Calories: way over
    Exercise: no

Today was spent mostly in the car. I was so incredibly hungry today! I dutifully packed my lunch for the car to avoid getting fast food. But I was still hungry after eating my lunch and guess what. I went through a drive through. I went over by about 900 today, or 400 over maintenance. So that negates yesterday’s accomplishment of being under. If I don’t do this again the rest of the holiday weekend, I should still see a loss.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, July Week 1 (July 5)
    PW = 126.10 lb
    CW= 126.10 lb
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday July 4
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
    So proud of myself for getting out for a walk, and making healthy choices for food. Though I did eat a few things not the best for my body I also passed on many.
  • Pearl4686
    Options

PW = 180.4
    CW= 197
    Happy dance!

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    PW = 180.4
    CW= 197
    Happy dance!

Please verify your current weight. I think you have a typo. :) You were too excited doing a happy dance. Please let us dance with you... @Perla4686 what's the correct CW?
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    My 4th was so fun! My mom hasn’t gone to enjoy festivities in about 12 years. Because my new employer of 10 months offered to open the building and turn on the A/C mom said she’d go. So I put our chairs out, then picked her up. We went to the strawberry social - 1st time ever! Then went and cooled off in the building. She was able to enjoy the parade for about 30 minutes and then went back into the A/C. We had two children ages 7 & 9, I am guessing near us. They were so polite and made the day even more fun. The little gal & I even chatted a bit. She visits my town every year for one week over the 4th of July. I was so impressed by her. It restored my faith in our youth. She touched my heart. I hope we see each other next year.

As far as exercising - too hot! Whoa! Eating. I was very mindful and finally beat LNS. (Late Night Snacking!) Phew. I’m finally getting out of this hole that I have been in. Feels better. I recall this happening (by looking at my calendar of smiles/ frowns) back in May, too. Ugh! But, if it’s a cycle then maybe I can be better prepared. The important thing is … I’m not giving up!!

@jwall309~ Jessica, I would want to get out of town too. I didn’t watch or see anything on the 4th, but of course heard on the news some of the plans. A mental is always a good thing. Maybe being at maintenance level will reset your body. Hope you had a great 4th!!
    @ajaia2001~ I’m sure I already missed you. Chat on Monday. Hope you are having a good weekend.
    @Perla4686~ You’re still going. :) Keep it up! And stay positive. :) You are doing great with the C25K, especially on the 4th!! Wooohooooo! Keep pushing through those 8-minute sets.
    @GoalDigger11 ~ Sounds like you are on track! Awesome! AND…. yes! It paid off in the form of an awesome loss, under the 151 you thought you would see. How exciting!! Yeah you!
    @bootssowhite~ Good job on active minutes and not giving in to those mindless nighttime munchies!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Wednesday… more steps! :) Try not to worry about the four-legged one and enjoy your family time. Hope you have support from family to be able to stay on track the best you can. Good attitude! You are right in that one mess up shouldn’t wreck the weight loss for the week. I think having that attitude will help you stay on track, too. It’s when we beat ourselves up to that it makes that bounce back more difficult. You’re doing great!
    @Kate_X4_~ Yep. Holidays are hard. But you did get in some awesome exercise! Awesome! I also bring my food that I want to eat to have healthy choices. I have a mini-cooler bag that fits a water bottle, an ice pack, and two small containers. I had two peeled boiled eggs with me to have as snacks. Happy 4th attitude! You are so right! You did good on passing up soooo many and being mindful in what you did choose and you got in a walk, too! Yahooooo!
    @Terry111330~ Awesome on no LNS! Great exercise, tracking… you’re doing great!!
    @tbchitwood76~ Wooohooooo! Nice loss! A great week of exercise! Sounds like a good plan to get in more “right” foods. When eating good healthy foods, we can actually eat more. They are naturally low in calories. It’s a little exciting when we think about it! Good job!! Keep it going!
    @Gustaaf85 ~ That’s an amazing loss! Good job! Keep it going!
    @red1185~ I can put in a that you are on vacation. If you are removed from the spreadsheet by mistake, then I’ll ask you to “rejoin” by posting in the starting weights thread for August when it’s up and ready. You can then request to be on our team. But hopefully, by you telling me so now ahead of time, we can keep you at status quo. :)
    @germaine_yee~ Staying the same is no easy task. And is not a gain! Yeah!!

• Pearl4686
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    PW = 180.4
    CW= 197
    Happy dance!

Please verify your current weight. I think you have a typo. :) You were too excited doing a happy dance. Please let us dance with you... @Perla4686 what's the correct CW?

Oops sorry 179
This discussion has been closed.