TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report- mini challenge.
    (For newbies: I have my own funny way of reporting, using the team name. It's not a 'thing', it's just me)
    Run: did C25K week 5 run 1. I was worried I will struggle with his one as I donated blood this morning and was expecting some weakness. But I actually surprised myself and found it challenging but do-able. So glad I got back into it.
    Track: yes, over but only by a little and under if counting excercise calories
    Mind: so, as some of you may remember, i had my diet crash last week, that lasted for 3 days :'( and very hopeful my head is back in the zone- fingers crossed.
    Welcome all newbies to this amazing team! Good luck!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Good Monday. Back on my healthy food plan and had a great workout!!!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday July 1:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
    Sorry no additional stuff for post.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Track: yes

A regular customer jokingly offered me half his cheese burger through the drive thru ( I am a bank teller). I told him it was kinda cruel to do that to a person who is perpetually on a diet. He is a bigger guy. He looked at me for a second and I was sure he was going to say the one thing that really annoys me: "Why are you on a diet? You don't need to lose weight!" To his credit, instead he asked what I had for lunch and what kind of diet I am on.
    On another note, I have a job interview in the morning for a similar position but with a better location and more hours. I am ridiculously nervous right now...
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 1 of July
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 203
    Today's Weight: 204
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Exercise: yes, major storm came through so I did a video online.
    What online workouts do you all enjoy? Love to add to my rainy day list!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    @johicks I would like my week 2 weigh-in to be on Monday, July 8 instead of Sunday, July 7. I am going to be out of town. Is that okay?
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Over
    Day: An ok Monday, indulged in a little wine and cheese during The Bachelorette tonight so went a bit over on calories but stayed under maintenance! Still not weighing in, enjoying the brief break from it.

Also @johicks, just wanted to let you know that I will be traveling for Friday weigh-in so will push that to Saturday. BF and I decided to get out of DC for the 4th even if just for an overnight trip. The city gets insanely crazy for the holiday so we are going to Annapolis for a night to have a quieter 4th of July.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to get on MFP community via computer this morning. But now an hour later using my phone I am on, but not enough time to correspond. :( talk soon.
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    Daily post Monday

A regular customer jokingly offered me half his cheese burger through the drive thru ( I am a bank teller). I told him it was kinda cruel to do that to a person who is perpetually on a diet. He is a bigger guy. He looked at me for a second and I was sure he was going to say the one thing that really annoys me: "Why are you on a diet? You don't need to lose weight!" To his credit, instead he asked what I had for lunch and what kind of diet I am on.
    On another note, I have a job interview in the morning for a similar position but with a better location and more hours. I am ridiculously nervous right now...

How'd the interview go?!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody! I’m trying to get back on track with working out, and eating right since last week was a bit off for me. Sunday was interesting because I didn’t do formal exercise, but I deep-cleaned my house, with enough movement and vigor that my Fitbit logged almost 45 minutes of exercise lol. Today was a good day - I woke up, exercised, and stayed well-within my calorie budget. I’m hoping I can stay on this track for the rest of the week! All I know is that I do not want to get back to, or above, my starting weight, so I definitely need to keep up the work.
    Here’s to inspiring everybody else to do the same! Happy losing everybody!! 🙂
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report mini-challenge
    Run: no workout today :'(
    Track: a bit of guess work today as went out for our anniversary. I had a salad but it was probably quite calorific as it included dressing, croutons, nuts, avocado and cheese! But it was delicious and worth it! unfortunately, I also helped hubby finish his desert. No regrets, back on plan tomorrow morning.
    Mind: still in the zone, feeling good and bought 2 new dresses in the sale today. Haven't worn a dress for about 10 years!
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: Yes (for the first time in *months*
    Calories: Under, but it was harder than I expected
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute brisk walk (partially to make sure that I ended up under calories 😅)

I'm back to tracking calories for the first time since probably February. I'd forgotten how much work it is to get accurate calorie counts for things. The good news is, since I do all my meal prep at the start of the week, now that I've figured out the calories for them, it should be pretty easy to keep track of my calories for the rest of the week.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr cardio
    Goal/Day: A good day overall. Did bleachers and sprints with my Tuesday fitness group. It was really hard getting through the workout with how extremely hot it was today.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday July 2:
    Tracked: yes

Healthy habit: I did try to drink more water today but didn’t keep track.
    Day: stressful. New puppy clawed my other dog’s eye and I took her to the vet ER tonight. Despite wearing the cone of shame, the two kept going at it with the rough play. Have to get up in the middle of the night to apply antibiotic drops to boot. Waaaah first world problems!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 07/02)
    Track: :neutral:
    Calories: :frowning:
    Exercise 20+mins: :smiley:
    8+ water: :smiley:
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations :neutral:
    • Plan / pre-log food: :neutral:
    • NO post-dinner snack: :frowning:
    • Kitchen Closed :frowning:
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for July 2nd
    Track - yes
    Within calories - yes
    Exercise - 30 minutes on tread mill
    No late night snacking
  • johicks
    Options
    Sorry team. Tuesday morning I couldn’t get on. :( So am catching up. Hope I am not too late to answer questions. I did browse and saw questions about changing weigh-in days or postponing weigh-in day for one week. We are very flexible in this group, as long as changing weigh-in day doesn’t change every month to a new day. And you can miss one weigh-in during a one month challenge w/o any penalties of being banned or disqualified. And yes, if you need to weigh-in a day late, please let me know as soon as you know rather than posting late. Please tag me by putting the @ symbol in front of my username…. @johicks. :) Thanks!! Okay… on to each of you individually!

And…. to our American members….
    nkxz2xbechs8.gif
  • johicks
    Options
    @_Mina_A~ You’re welcome! Hope you had a good Canada Day. I see that your PW (previous weight) was 167.0 So congrats on that 1# loss!! Congrats!! And good water intake. :) → So that I don’t miss anything or make a typo, please use the format so weigh-in gets posted correctly to the spreadsheet. When the captains are looking at numbers, numbers, names, names, numbers and more numbers, it’s way too easy to mis-post or transpose. So having the username, weigh-in day, Challenge week#, PW, and CW helps us make sure we are posting to the correct member. :) And that the spreadsheet is matching the members’ posts. Thanks for understanding.

Reminder:
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, July Week 1 (7/XX)
    PW: 244.8
    CW: 243.8
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

@watchme1989~ Good job in improving on not completely caving!! That’s great news. And even better news… I have you losing 2.4#!! Week #4 June weigh-in was missed so your PW in the spreadsheet = 298.6. So
    PW: 298.6
    CW: 296.2
    = 2.4# loss. Wooooohoooooo!! :D
    Keep it going!

@Perla4686~ I still love your “thing!” ;) Great exercise! And love, love that you donate blood. I do that and donate my hair, too! You’re doing great! >Tuesday… as far as your anniversary… First CONGRATULATIONS!!! And two- you helped means you didn’t eat your own. THAT is progress, right? It’s called moderation. I usually ask them to leave off the croutons. And do you know the trick of getting salad dressing on the side? They say to put your bite of food on your fork, then dip a tiny bit into the dressing and place that dressing on your tongue first, then put your food in your mouth. That tiny bit hits your tastebuds and you get all the flavor, but not all the fat and calories. It’s some small things that we need to tweak to make this journey lifelong. :) Woohoooooo! 2 new dresses!

@ajaia2001~ Yeah.. back at it and on plan - Monday! :) > Tuesday. I can imagine it was HOT. You are so awesome! Doing great. 👍🏽

@skullsandskeletons~ You had a good Monday. I think the posts are more for the team member posting to be accountable and share when the need arises. Seeing people being consistent in their posts and seeing the weight drop; THAT is what helps motivate and inspire the silent ones. So you’re doing great! Keep going strong! Yes, absolutely you can weigh-in on Monday instead of Sunday this next weigh-in. Thank you for the advance notice. >Tuesday … more water, you did it. Tracked or not. :) Keep doing it. Oh poor doggies. Poor mommy. Hang in there. You know that it’s only temporary. You had another great day!

@JamieD328~ Good Monday. And great share about the drive-thru. Yes, so nice that he asked!! Phewwwwww…. Exhale. Looking forward to good news for you. Keep us posted.

@Jactop~ Drats! You gained. But I did, too. But “weigh” more. So we will do our best to brush ourselves off and work harder this week. Right? Right! Question: Where did you get your molds for the guiltless gummies? I started looking, but not sure what kind to get. Thanks!

@jwall309 ~ Jessica! I don’t blame you for getting out of town for the 4th. It’s funny. I live about 6 miles in a township outside of the “village” I grew up in. In our area we are surrounded by water… Torch Lake and the Chain O Lakes, so that is the draw to our quiet parts in northern Michigan. That village is has under 1000 people living in it. And for the 4th of July our town explodes by 5x to 5000+ for the parade, strawberry social, the park festivities, and of course fireworks. It’s amazing! Fun, too! But I am for sure not a city gal. Anyhooo…… @jwall309. Glad your Monday was ok. :) And yes, weigh-in on Saturday is fine. Thanks for the advance notice. Have fun being on a mini-vacation.

@GoalDigger11 - so sweet of you to ask about @JamieD328 interview. How are YOU doing so for in this challenge?

@red1185~ I love it! That Fibit is right. When you do a deep clean… it IS exercise! :) Thanks. Yes… let’s do this!

@bootssowhite! Great news- Great Tuesday. You can do it! You are worth it! :) Excellent on meal prep. I need to do some more of that.

@Terry111330! Awesome Tuesday!! Yeah you! Beat “LNS!”
  • johicks
    Options
    @Kate_X4~ Great Monday for you!! :) And good idea on specifically asking us what we like or use. I have some youtube videos that I dance to or get a full body workout…

WE LOVE DANCE - she has several songs to choose from to dance along with.
    Here’s one….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xewf0Ecyrfs&list=RDXewf0Ecyrfs&index=1

BodyFit by Amy - has soooooo many great full body w/ or w/o weights toning and resistance workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PXg7NeVP0
This discussion has been closed.