TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Options

Replies

• bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Weigh in day: Sunday, June 30- July Week #1
    PW: 272.8 lb (that's the weight I put down when I joined; not sure if I have a previous weight, since this is my first week)
    CW: 268.4 lb
    One thing I did well: I joined this group!

Hi, my name is Cait. My weight loss journey started just over a year ago, in the middle of last June. From mid-June to mid-December, I lost about 55 pounds (which included starting a new job and moving half way across the country). Then I took a few weeks off for vacation and have struggled to regain that original momentum. I've lost another 15 pounds in the last six months, so it's not like I completely fell off the wagon, but I've really struggled to get in a rhythm again. The good news is I know what I need to do to be successful, and I know I can do it. Now I just have to, you know, do those things. I'm hoping the accountability of this group will help.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: 30 mins of cardio
    Goal/Day: Well the morning didn't go as I planned. I was going to get up and do the extended bootcamp class but my daughter was still sleep and my bed was just to comfy to get out off. Spent part of my afternoon with my Goddaughter going over basic driving lessons, hopefully she'll get her license tomorrow. I did go over my daily calorie allowance but my exercise put me back under. Tomorrow back on my strict meals and workouts, I wanna have a great July!!!!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Sometimes the switchover can be confusing from one month to the next.
    Hopefully, this will help. All challenge weeks start on Sunday and end on Saturday.

3uvfyso86amf.jpg

Thank You for this! I do two separate Biggest Loser Challenges and the check in dates are different. I always end up confusing myself!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday June 30:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Goal: haven’t really come up with one but open to suggestions
    Day: typical Sunday for me. Groceries, laundry, popping into work to get a head start for Monday. Dealing with a newish puppy is a bit tiresome but she’s worth it.
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Took a 2 mile hike, was slower than I planned but felt good!
    Healthier habits: I want to increase my water intake

• wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sunday post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exersize 10 km hike/run trail
    Ate all my exersize calories. I feel like I ate too much anyways😆
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    terry111330
    Weigh in days Monday
    SW 160 lbs
    CW 161 lbs
    This weekend did not go so well. I hope to make up for this weight gain next week by sticking to my calories every day and exercising every day.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in Sunday
    Track: no
    Calories: over at a guess
    Exercise: lots of walking and chasing a toddler, and carrying her while walking.

We had yet another weekend trip. Destination was close, and only an over night, but I covered alot of ground. Bad news is my phone is going to die a permanent death soon. I have a replacement ordered but it won't be in till Friday. So, @johicks , if I miss Thursday weigh in, you will know why.
  • JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: JammyPea
    Week: Monday July Week 1
    PW: 178.4
    CW: 177.0

One thing I did well: My food tracking was much better
    One thing to improve: Better planning, with healthier snacks
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @Toyota100 - posting in July as I promised.

Toyota100 wrote: »
    Sunday Week 1 - July
    Toyota100
    PW 220.8
    CW 220.2

Creeping, but not backsliding. I have been exercising regularly. My calories have been not so good, so I know why I'm stilling creeping. Diet is 80%, so I'm just doing 20% with exercising alone. I'm not giving up though. See you all in July!

@Toyota100 ~ technically, June 30 is the first week of July's contest. So.. Welcome to July!! I'm going to post this in the July thread for you so we don't lose it when this thread closes. Thanks!! Good news - bad news ......I didn't see a weigh-in post for last Sunday, June 23 as in the spreadsheet your PW is recorded as 221.0 So this will start your July out with a bigger loss. :)
  • johicks
    Options
    It's going to a week with celebrations, so be strong and stay focused. I'll do my best!!
    For our Candian friends......
    jaur6txjepux.jpg
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Week 1
    Username: klilev
    Weight in day: Monday
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 183.8
    CW: 185.0
    Did well: great workouts this week
    Need to work on: Frustrated by this gain. I need to work on drinking more water and avoiding junk food, especially while on vacation this week.
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    First Weigh in
    PW 180 lb
    Now weight 180
    No change but im going to work hard at it for next week.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Jessica and I've been doing this challenge since March. So far I've lost 20 pounds! June's challenge proved to be frustrating as my weight loss really slowed down. As I would still like to lose another 25 pounds, I'm trying to find ways to refocus, or at least minimize frustrations. Normally I weigh myself daily, but I planned to take last week off from doing that. Turns out old habits die hard and I only took yesterday off from weighing myself....So I didn't weigh myself this morning and I don't plan to until I feel in a better mental space to step on the scale, at the longest I will wait until my weigh-in day for this challenge on Friday. I also took yesterday off from tracking. I made mental notes and paid attention to labels and serving size, but just took a one-day break from entering it in MFP. Hopefully the break from the scale will give me the mental break and refresh I need to power through this month's challenge and see better progress. Today I'm back to normal tracking on here and the goal of staying within calorie range.
  • johicks
    Options
    Rozbee1 wrote: »
    First Weigh in
    PW 180 lb
    Now weight 180
    No change but im going to work hard it for next week.

Good news!! You PW is the starting weight that you posted when you joined this challenge. So you lost 2# YEAH!!!

Below is your starting post....
    Username: Rozbee1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 182 lb (13st)

• johicks
    Options
    Sorry for being a day late everyone! I’m still getting myself refocused and in a better place. But, I am awake and feeling strong and will do my best to keep that going through the day and into the night!! So now let’s see how you are all doing…..
    @mawash9~ Mike. Good loss for week #1. Awesome! :smile: And you are posting right on time! Thanks. The weight you gave when you signed up is what is used to determine week #1 loss/gain when that weigh-in is posted. So right on!
    @Kate_X4~ I understand the TOM junk. So here is to a better week for the both of us! Good job on moving everyday! :smile: Sometimes my movement is marching in place while doing dishes. And to get in more water, I try to fill all my different water bottles for the entire day; then I feel like I am drinking something different. And then I don’t have to count. A 2-mile hike. Awesome! Who cares how long it took, I bet it was great!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good job on another pound gone! And it is way too easy to push our health and wellness to the side. Glad you are recognizing this and are going to make some changes. :) WE can do it! Good Sunday, yeah you. :) Goal…. Something that you can do daily. You mentioned walking the stairs. Can you do that 3x/week? Or eat a salad with dinner or for lunch? Or increase water by 2/day?
    @red1185~ Good June loss! Now let’s go=et ourselves regrouped, refocused, and ready for July! Let’s do this!! :smiley:
    @bhlavac5560~ Yeah! A loss!! :) Thanks for reminding about that exercise list. It’s a good thing to do daily for sure. I’ll do it with you. I will post tonight and hope to see yours too.
    @bootssowhite~ Cait, Wow! :smiley: That’s a great loss! Yes, I too hope that we will be able to not only help with accountability and encouragement. That’s awesome that you are still losing and not giving up. I bet your body is ready to get back into a fast rhythm again as you took a slow go for a bit. And now it probably has reset. Let’s do this!
    @ajaia2001~ Again… congrats on your June loss. And even though it didn’t go as planned, you still got in exercise! :smiley:
    @lovethyneighbor~ You are welcome for the calendar. And our group is flexible. Do you want to change your weigh-in day to coordinate with the other one? It’s easy to do. Just let me know. We have you down as Friday weigh-ins. So whatever you need to make it an easy journey. :)
    @wander216~ Good job on the hike! Doing great! :smile:
    @Terry111330 ~ You can do it! Let’s work extra hard together. Let’s post tonight to update each other. :)
    @JamieD328~ You sure do a lot with your little ones. Good job, Mom! And if you need to report your weigh-in on Friday, you can. :)
    @JammyPea~ Awesome loss. :) Doing great you are! If you like cucumbers…. Try cutting thick slices and using salsa as a dip. I did that last week…. LOVED IT!
    @Toyota100 ~ Yep… I hear ya! I fell off and am still getting back on. WE can do it!! But creeping IS losing! :)
    @klilev~ I understand. It seems like for me it’s all or nothing. Ugh! We’ll find balance. You have a good vacation. Prepare some snacks and hydrate hydrate hydrate. :) You will lose that in no time!
    @Rozbee1~ Yeah… a loss! Still work hard this week to keep the losing going. :)
    @jwall309~ Jessica… thanks for sharing your journey. Being real and honest I think are a key to success. And believe it or not, your story helps others. Me! :smiley:

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).

• _Mina_A
    _Mina_A Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    It's going to a week with celebrations, so be strong and stay focused. I'll do my best!!
    For our Candian friends......
    jaur6txjepux.jpg

Haha thanks!! 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
  • _Mina_A
    _Mina_A Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    User:_Mina_A
    Cw: 166lbs
    Weigh in day: Sunday, but I couldn't find it until today. Next week I'll do sunday.
    Healthy habit I'm trying to develop: drinking 4L of water a day
  • Watchme1989
    Watchme1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: watchme1989
    Weigh in day - Sundays
    PW: 297.8
    CW: 296.2
    One thing I did well: - I chose not to eat a Butterfinger and I drank more water and had less soda.
    One thing to improve: - picking up sweets, giving up when I make a mistake (such as "well I ate that candy bar, I might as well eat this too"), and exercise.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Username: watchme1989
    Weigh in day - Sundays
    PW: 297.8
    CW: 296.2
    One thing I did well: - I chose not to eat a Butterfinger and I drank more water and had less soda.
    One thing to improve: - picking up sweets, giving up when I make a mistake (such as "well I ate that candy bar, I might as well eat this too"), and exercise.

Nice loss!
This discussion has been closed.