Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
  • johicks
    Options

@mawash9- Welcome, Mike. Looking forward to hearing about that hike as you get to your goal weight!
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611 ~ You’re doing good. With that strength training, you’ll keep it off!
  • johicks
    Options
    Sometimes the switchover can be confusing from one month to the next.
    Hopefully, this will help. All challenge weeks start on Sunday and end on Saturday.

3uvfyso86amf.jpg
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @johicks do we have to sign up again for July?
    I would like to have the opportunity again to be in July’s group .
    Thank you
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've made the commitment to lose the 5 pounds I gained every year by the end of the year, which doesn't sound like much, but I keep ending the year 5 pounds HEAVIER and it adds up after a few years. Tired of my clothes fitting poorly (or not at all) and want to get back in a healthy, sustainable pattern of eating and moving. My workouts are very limited due to a disability and I gravitate to high-calorie foods, so I've restructured a lot of things. Gone are the days I can just take a few long runs or workout classes to burn off a big meal...
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @johicks does the weight we posted last week matter for the July? Or will tomorrow's weight really be the starting Weight? Just making sure I post correctly as I am new to this!
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: mawash9
    Week: Sunday, June 30, β€˜19
    PW: 245.8
    CW: 243.6
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - eating well during the week
    One thing to improve: eating better on the weekends πŸ˜‚

Not sure if too early to post or if my weight needs to be adjusted to reflect my new weight going into the challenge?
  • johicks
    Options
    WELCOME TO JULY!!! If you were in the June challenge you were automatically rolled over to July with the ending weight of that challenge. :)
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    Message to all Team Members:

@johicks.
    @MaelynMayhem.
    @bhlavac5560.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @Nige1313.
    @Red1185.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @Toyota100.
    @watchme1989.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @bakay138.
    @Hey3432.
    @JamieD328.
    @ajaia2001.
    @Fivepts.
    @germaine_yee.
    @jwall309.
    @Lovethyneighbor.
    @perla4686.
    @Maddiesmommy6611.
    @qbaimee.
    @wander216.

This is the last week of the June Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the July Challenge.

The July challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (July) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10751056/team-run-track-minds-july#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png

• johicks
    Options
    @johicks do we have to sign up again for July?
    I would like to have the opportunity again to be in July’s group.
    Thank you

You're automatically rolled over to the next month. :smiley:
  • johicks
    Options
    Hi all, I've made the commitment to lose the 5 pounds I gained every year by the end of the year, which doesn't sound like much, but I keep ending the year 5 pounds HEAVIER and it adds up after a few years. Tired of my clothes fitting poorly (or not at all) and want to get back in a healthy, sustainable pattern of eating and moving. My workouts are very limited due to a disability and I gravitate to high-calorie foods, so I've restructured a lot of things. Gone are the days I can just take a few long runs or workout classes to burn off a big meal...

Awesome @GoalDigger11. Sounds very realistic and sustainable. Making lifestyle choices and not being a diet is the key. It's not easy. You can do it! We are here to help.
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kate_X4 wrote: Β»
    @johicks does the weight we posted last week matter for the July? Or will tomorrow's weight really be the starting Weight? Just making sure I post correctly as I am new to this!

When you joined the challenge you gave your starting weight......
    Kate_X4 wrote: Β»
    Username: kate_x4
    Weigh in day: Sunday, June 23
    Starting Weight: 255.6

For week #1 we now weigh-in to see what loss/gains are from the SW/PW to week #1 CW
    Weigh in day: Sunday, June 30- July Week #1
    PW: 255.6
    CW:
    and optional -
    One thing I did well:
    One thing to improve:

SW: starting weight
    PW: previous weight
    CW: current weight

Hope that all makes sense.
    And no worries, there are always questions at the beginning of the challenge. So I used you as my demonstration to help others if they are too shy to ask. :) Thanks! Glad you asked and are part of the challenge!!
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So glad for a new month. I ended June poorly! And starting new and fresh is what I need!
    Here are some exercises to get us through July.

jddg0l5kc07m.jpg

https://veritymag.com/fitness-motivation-how-to-actually-lose-weight-fast-properly-today-top-5-real-proven-ways-you/

• johicks
    Options
    HW: 274.0 Sep. 2016
    2019- Jan. 1 = 260.0lbs
    SW: 265.4 (03/24)
    PW: 260.8 (04/28) April challenge
    PW: 250.4 (05/26) May Challenge
    PW: 243.8 (06/23) June Challenge
    UGW: 150

Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, July Week 1 (6/30)
    PW: 243.8
    CW: 249.6 - 5.8# gain.
    One thing I did well: Woke up today feeling β€œbetter,” even though I may not have ended June on a positive note; I still did good in 4 weeks for the June challenge. I lost 6.6#.
    One thing to improve: When I fall hard, forgive myself and start fresh sooner. Feel my emotions… cry, shout, whatever!

No excuses. Just need to start fresh and work hard every day (& night!) to keep moving forward. Don’t worry team. I won’t let me or you down. Those 5.8# will be gone and some more in July! I’m going to focus on habits & determination!
  • Kate_X4
    Kate_X4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Sunday, June 30- July Week #1
    PW: 255.6
    CW: 255.8

One thing I did well: I moved my body everyday! I walked, roller skated, attempted jogging, and just moved my body.

One thing to improve: cooking at home, even though I stayed under my calories all but one day I need to eat good for my body food. DRINK MORE WATER!!!

Hoping that now that my feminine cycle is moving past I can get some lbs down. I did feel discouraged after my weigh in so I updated my measurements and since June 14 I've lose 3 inches in my belly! NSV!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: July week 1
    PW: 231
    CW: 230

One thing I did well: I focused less on food and more on work.
    One thing to improve: exercise!

Because work has been hectic since late May, I got out of the habit of taking the stairs and going for an afternoon walk while at work. I need to make time for me and my health.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    Weigh-in day: Sundays
    SW: 172.8
    PW: 163.2
    CW: 166

I showed a 6 lb loss in June which I’m super happy about! I’m hoping the weight loss continues! If I could do 6lbs/month I would be so happy; but honestly a loss is a loss, and that makes me happy, too.

Good luck and happy losing, everybody!!
  • bhlavac5560
    bhlavac5560 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Username bhlavac5560
    July week 1 Sunday
    PW: 277.5
    CW: 277

It’s a good start to the month. I’m doing well and I’m going to try to do the excercise challenge johicks listed above.
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Happy weight loss everyone. Heres to a great month πŸ‘
  • johicks
    Options
    I like posting the previous month's Biggest Challenge Grand Finale to encourage the new month's team members! I hope that you do find this encouraging and exciting!

qaw7dqyz1n14.gif

In the month of May we finished in first place, in June in second place. How awesome is that!? Let’s see what we can do as individuals and as a team for July. Let’s go
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    And let's hear it for OUR teammates that finished for our team in the top three for @RTM, they lost a combined total of 25.1 lbs in June!

πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’Run Track MindsπŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’
    1st - @Red1185. - 5.56% for 9.6lbs
    2nd - @ajaia2001. - 4.94% for 8.3lbs
    3rd - @Maddiesmommy6611. - 3.46% for 7.2lbs
    9ihcua636rae.jpg

AB0215 wrote: Β»
    THE JUNE'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @Jodilynnreeves. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 7.77% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JUNE IS ..... GUTBUSTERS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM GUTBUSTERS!!

WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH JUNE TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. ALL WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3%, AND EVEN 4 OR 5% OR MORE LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 430.3 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @HASWLRS. @pkg1998. @AB0215. @gjaholy33. @mram3582. @johicks. @BonnieHosk85. AND COACH @craigo3154.!! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE JUNE GRAND FINALE RESULTS:
    ~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Jodilynnreeves. - 7.77%
    2nd - @AB0215. - 7.04%
    3rd - @Clairetomkinson. - 6.03%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 1.87%
    πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’2nd - Run Track Minds. - 1.60% πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 1.45%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory