Nice loss! Keep it up!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Terytha checking in!

PW: 240.4
    CW: 238.4

Not too shabby! Given that I was very bad yesterday. But I did get quite a bit of exercise in.

Nice one!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Well, I saw the nutritionist today and she is pleased. I have lost 10.4 pounds in eight weeks on her scale.

If anyone is interested in knowing more, let me know and I can give you more detail of how it works.

Good luck to everyone. I have decided to try to lose 16 more pounds this year to get to 145.

I would love to know more about what your nutritionist is saying. So glad hubby is doing well. You both have had great losses.

Thanks so much! Ok, here is what she is encouraging me to eat. It works out to about 1300-1400 calories a day. My TDEE on my apple watch is about 2200 right now. Can't really get much more given events at home. So I am getting say a 500-700 deficit per day.

They have tilted me toward more protein for now. About 90 grams of high quality protein. I am not much of a meat eater. Anyway they really want fish and tofu (which I am allergic to, so no go) and boneless skinless chicken about 3 oz. 2 eggs is one serving 1 cup of milk (a bit low but close enough, I usually add a bit of protein powder). 1/2 cup legumes.

I get to eat 4 servings of added fats per day. This could be 4 tbsp of olive oil. No butter. If it is margarine a serving is 1 tsp. Low fat salad dressing is 2 tbsp. This is to keep this unsaturated. Who knows about this because there is newer research in the area of fats. 8 almonds or 40 pistachios. 1 tbsp flaxseed. Everything unsalted.

Vegetables are free. Except no white potatoes, corn. Sweet potatoes ok twice a week. I am shooting for at least 7 servings a day. Eating cucumbers, carrots, green leafy veg, tomatoes, asparagus. I also like kale but the rest of my family doesn't!

Fruit - 2 servings. Medium apples. A banana is considered 2 servings. For fruits like grapes a serving is 1/2 cup.

Grains - 1 serving. That would be 2 slices whole wheat bread. 1/2 cup cooked rice, barley. Pasta not really workable right now. No chips, snack food.

Low fat cheese - it works out to about 1 oz a day.

Then 2 treats per week. Two small ie 4 oz glasses white or red wine that is not sweet. Or 2 more grain servings. Or two more fruit servings.

Pretty rigorous. Won't be the long term solution. But it is getting me 1 pound a week.

I take vitamin D supplement, 1 calcium pill and 2 omega 3's a day as well.

Here is what I ate yesterday.

jb8bjn5vqn0m.png

@Andreabroadley thank you so much for that information. I am going to try to play with macros like that and try some of those guidelines. I really appreciate all the detail. Doing some reading on exercise as well. Thanks again. ❤️
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Username @evangsimmons170

7/7/19
    Exercise minutes = 53
    Steps = 12,760
    Water (in oz) = 54

7/8/19
    Exercise minutes = 119
    Steps = 14,346
    Water (in oz) = 64

7/9/19
    Exercise minutes = 74
    Steps = 9,600
    Water (in oz) = 52

7/10/19
    Exercise minutes = 66
    Steps = 8,637
    Water (in oz) = 17

7/11/19
    Exercise minutes = 104
    Steps = 14,031
    Water (in oz) = 48

7/12/19
    Exercise minutes = 108
    Steps = 13,397
    Water (in oz) = 60

7/13/19
    Exercise minutes = 69
    Steps = 10,333
    Water (in oz) = 40

TOTAL STEPS FOR THE WEEK = 83,104 (nearly 5,000 more than last week...gonna keep working on my 100,000 step goal. It ain't over til I win! LOL). Frankly, I'm competing with myself. I'm feeling strong, and I know I can do more.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    CW 130 pounds
    I couldn’t stop eating this week 😭

Good to see you anyhow! Since your weigh-in was too late, you went in as a NWI (no weigh-in) so your weight was left unchanged from the previous. This gives you until Friday to chip away at what you gained! You know what to do - and hop in here from time to time for some inspiration and/or kicks in the rear! I bounced around in the upper 120s for AGES. Not sure if you're a shorty like me, but you must be getting close to your goal in any case - it gets hard, but you can do this! Record everything (in advance if you can!), share your journal with a buddy, whatever it takes.
  • jugar
    Options
    The week 2 tallies are DONE! We did not make the top 3 this week, but we lost more than last week. Everyone did! The F2F challenge as a whole went from losing 13 pounds in week 1 to 105 pounds in week 2! That is some serious hard work from ALL the teams. @Navydaddjtc will be posting the results later today. WELL DONE, everyone B)
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we went to a new restaurant that people have been raving about. Their shakes are crazy. I will post pictures. To say the least I went way over calories!
    cczf8na77nn0.jpeg
    8c52g8ihqnaa.jpeg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 5,520

I went over yesterday too. But, I didn’t have as much fun as @AmyRobF Those look crazy!! Were they good?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW, @AmyRobF!!!! Those look soooooooooooooooo good! :smiley:
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I went over yesterday too and had a chocolate shake but it looked nothing like @AmyRobF’s!! Oh my goodness those look soooo good!!
  • jugar
    Options
    I think I'm in a sugar coma just LOOKING at those shakes!
  • jugar
    Options
    GREEN JULY!

Well, folks - we still have to pick up the pace on the green July pledges! We have pledges to lose 93.5 pounds, and there are still 67.6 left to go. There are 3 more weigh ins counting this week, so let's find ways to get things going a bit stronger, or revise the pledges if needed. Some are really close and will be able to get there easily - some others have had a slow start and need to watch those calories in and out. Come on into the chat here to talk strategies!

And @Perla4686 - don't worry! You have only 1 pound left to lose in these 3 weeks to meet your pledge. You might want to increase it a bit! You have been doing great, and those biscuits are NOT going to be allowed to pull you off your track.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Back home, will step on scale tomorrow. Back to food tracking too. I was pretty good while o was away, so fingers crossed.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Wow i just can’t believe my weigh in this morning. I’m up again. BUT, I think I know what’s happening. I’m right in the middle of my ovulation cycle and I am feeling quite bloated because of this so I am hoping this spike is really mostly hormonal. My food intake could be better but it’s mainly been protein and vegetable with the occasional few beers and wine. Anyways it is what it is. I’m still pushing to do better each day and won’t give up on my goals.

I had a nice very long walk yesterday with my friend but not the full 10k we’d hoped for. More like 8. My friend hasn’t been feeling well (heart patient) so we cut the walk a bit short.

This morning I completed my C25K week 5 day 1. Looking forward to completing this week. This will be the farthest I’ve gotten on this program!

I won’t weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling bright and early and I’m not sure how accurate my mother in laws scale is so let’s see how Wednesday’s weigh in comes in. Fingers crossed it’s back down! ❤️💪🏻
    2grj4c51rjdi.jpeg

tj5ma2jlst2a.png

o9g277qkrry5.jpeg

kve0r8ilj0sl.jpeg
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    7/13~6,500
    7/14~7,077
This discussion has been closed.