Cw: 185.1

Steps
    July 8 - 9,876
    July 9 - 4,587
    July 10 - 6,638
    July 11 - 7,035
    July 12 - 4,274
    July 13 - 3,686

Happy with the weight. The step count is sad though. I've been on a reading spree and have gotten some pottery time in which doesn't help with steps very much.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    PW: 187.9
    Cw: 185.1

Steps
    July 8 - 9,876
    July 9 - 4,587
    July 10 - 6,638
    July 11 - 7,035
    July 12 - 4,274
    July 13 - 3,686

Happy with the weight. The step count is sad though. I've been on a reading spree and have gotten some pottery time in which doesn't help with steps very much.

FANTASTIC job! You have passed your Green July pledge by almost a pound. That reading spree and pottery time have not done any harm there, but you still might enjoy some of this summer weather out taking some more steps or getting some sweat on... You're near Worcester, Mass. - right? I grew up in Lunenburg a ways north of you, and get down there to visit my happy pappy from time to time. Next time I'm down we could meet for a long walk somewhere :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Monday weigh-ins still to go:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Steps for last week:
    @reflectionofme
    @fourathomej
    (just from Wed. - Sat.)
    @BMcC9
    @blackbeautysue
    @visiri
    (Fri. - Sat.)

If you're not into counting steps anymore, just let me know, and if anyone wants to start counting, ditto!
  • jugar
    Options
    Don't forget to check out the WEEK 3 GROUP CHALLENGE posted by Team Trimstones! Participation is optional, but it can be a great way to get on track or stay there. You can adjust the "ladder" to fit your current level. Give it a try!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10754251/week-3-group-challenge-from-team-trimstones-ladder-to-lose#latest
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Perla4686 - I remember (back when I had TOM!) complaining to my doctor that I got really angry around that time. She raised her eyebrow brilliantly, and said "Guys get to be angry any day of the month they want. What's the big deal?" and then laughed really hard. It was liberating. Have your moods. Don't worry about it. Warn people - tremble your lid before flipping it - but don't worry too much. It will pass!

@AmyRobF - the gazelle is cool! And it looks a lot like an elliptical, which burns serious calories. Can you adjust the resistance? You go!

@Flawless_K - WELCOME! I have put you right back into the regular roster after wondering if you had just wandered away. Originally you had a Saturday weigh-in date. Do you want to change it to Monday? Any day works. We're in week 2 as of Sunday, but I'll just put your week 1 as the same as your starting. I would suggest a slightly smaller goal than 10 pounds to be sure you can really get there. 1-2 pounds per week gets it done! And if you exceed that by being truly awesome, so much the better. I'll put you down for 8 pounds (2 pounds a week for the remainder of the challenge, if you stick with Saturday weigh-ins). But really, make any changes you want and jump on in to get all the support, joking around, kicks in the spandex, or whatever you need. You have some wonderful teammates here and we are really glad to see you. And aren't daughters the best? Mine sent me a necklace that I received today. The first place I went while wearing it, I got a compliment. I rarely wear jewellery, but I don't think this one is going to spend much time in the box.

@evangsimmons170 - a day under 10,000 steps! But 74 exercise minutes is great. Keep at it - and keep at that writing, too, OK? Can't wait to hear how that is all going. And the job interviews. There is so much bubbling up in your life right now -- do a quick dance about that!

@leni1us - I completely get your in the saddle thing. I have spent a LOT of time on horses, and it is true - you have a lot of responsibility while up there, but it gets you through the rough stuff with a great partner. On the ground we are kind of ordinary. In the saddle, we are beautiful.

I'm just feeling pretty good about this team right now - can't you tell? You are a great bunch. Hugs all around.

OK, yes I would like to change my weigh-in day to Monday and I've revised my July 2019 weight loss goal to 6 lbs (2 olbs for each of the three weeks that are left). Thank you for the welcome!
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is my first weigh-in since joining the group last week. I am intentionally "testing" eating low-carb and I was successful Monday - Friday of last week. When I weighed in on Monday July 8th I was 223.2. On Friday morning, I weighed 219.2. I was so happy to see a 4lb weight loss even (even if it was water loss). I achieved a 4 lb weight loss without even being "perfect" eating low carb. There were some low energy points where I just couldn't help it.

But then came the family reunion where there was an abundance of food and carbs and lots of goodness. I didn't binge( thank goodness) but I didn't eat restrictively either. Came back home last night from the reunion (Dallas, TX). I weighed in this morning and I had gained back 3.6 lbs!!!!!!! 3.6 f*#%ing ponuds in two days!!!

So. my official weigh-in today:
    7/8/19: 223.2 lbs.
    7/15/19: 222.8 lbs

NSV: I am also very proud of exercising 5 of the 7 days last week. Average steps last week were 7,054 with a total of 38,927.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Thanks for the numbers! More to come - keeping me all kinds of happy all evening, I'm hoping.

It has been a HOT day in the garden, the market, and the kitchen. I feel so domesticated. Time for some wilder projects! Conference call tomorrow with a possible festival next summer to re-mount one of my group's coolest projects. I hope it works :smiley:

I have an idea. I hear your frustration, @micki48 - you are always there, always working hard, and making not quite the progress you want. You know all the things to do (portions, weighing food, more calories burned, etc. etc. etc.). How about a partner or two? There are some others in the team that might fit the bill. @visiri is also REALLY close to 200. You might team up, read each other's daily diaries, text and pester each other, share ideas, and all the fun stuff. There are also @cory17 who may be in need of some inspiration, and @matthewsfive just getting ready to up her game. There are many ways to have a breakthrough. You CAN MAKE IT to ONEDERLAND.

@evangsimmons170 - great job on your loss this week for sure!!! Green challenges updated.

@Terytha - you too B) so good.

@jugar - you are so very right. I've looked back over time at my weights, and it's a gradual, upward progression over the years. Would love inspiration! I want to be like @evangsimmons170(go you!) who making significant strides toward her goal.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @jugar - you are so very right. I've looked back over time at my weights, and it's a gradual, upward progression over the years. Would love inspiration! I want to be like @evangsimmons170(go you!) who making significant strides toward her goal.

Aw shucks, thanks @cory17! The struggle is definitely real, but I'm determined. Let's do this! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Flawless_K wrote: »
    This is my first weigh-in since joining the group last week. I am intentionally "testing" eating low-carb and I was successful Monday - Friday of last week. When I weighed in on Monday July 8th I was 223.2. On Friday morning, I weighed 219.2. I was so happy to see a 4lb weight loss even (even if it was water loss). I achieved a 4 lb weight loss without even being "perfect" eating low carb. There were some low energy points where I just couldn't help it.

But then came the family reunion where there was an abundance of food and carbs and lots of goodness. I didn't binge( thank goodness) but I didn't eat restrictively either. Came back home last night from the reunion (Dallas, TX). I weighed in this morning and I had gained back 3.6 lbs!!!!!!! 3.6 f*#%ing ponuds in two days!!!

NSV: I am also very proud of exercising 5 of the 7 days last week. Average steps last week were 7,054 with a total of 38,927.

@Flawless_K First, sorry for my belated welcome, but I'm glad you're on our team. Second, the more important question is did you have fun at your family reunion? Life is short and family is important. You still ended up having a loss, which is fantastic. As tempting as it is, you may want to consider refraining from weighing yourself every day until you have nailed down the eating/exercising/sleeping/water intake routine that works best for you. Weighing every day can become so stressful due to the many fluctuations from day-to-day or sometimes hour-to-hour. I have found that I have to significant limit my eating out due to the high levels of sodium in food. I retain fluid very easily, plus I take 3 different BP meds. (With the help of God, I'm getting off those meds by the time I near the end of my weight loss journey.)

Anyway, don't beat yourself up. You did great. And, girl, you know that food was good! LOL By the way, I live in Texas too! :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So, this article is about how some dude combined a better diet with my favorite game to lose a ton of weight and it's pretty inspirational honestly: https://vrscout.com/news/man-loses-138-pounds-beat-saber/

Sometimes people don't believe me that games are exercise. =P

In other news, I'm thinking of going back to school and the idea terrifies me but it turns out making healthy changes to my body is forcing my brain into "fix ALL your life" mode and I can't stop thinking about changing everything and doing stuff.

I was 17 and clueless when I started a degree in something useless I didn't enjoy. Maybe in my 30's I can make better choices. But degrees are crazy expensive and I work full time. Intimidating.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I got on the scale on Sunday (day after my official weigh in) and I was down to 199.9 from 200.6 the day before. I totally agree with @evangsimmons170 getting on the scale is stressful. Sometimes it makes us do bad things because we are mad at it and sometimes it reels us back in. I was mad that I gained a half pound at weigh in. That day I didn’t log because frankly, I’m kind of sick of it. I just put in quick calories. Sunday, got on the scale, was down .7, and went back and filled in my diary. My estimate was off by 200 calories. I have tennis tonight, so hopefully I’ll get to 8,000 steps. Food has been fine today. No walk though. So so hot. All my plants are dying. Maybe, if I’m not too tired after tennis, I’ll try to march around and get to 10,000 steps. That should burn a few more calories.

PS the scale was up to 201 today, so I’m staying off until weigh in day.

Shout out to @AmyRobF for increasing her workout to 75 minutes. You inspire me. And you too Ms. @evangsimmons170!!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    So, this article is about how some dude combined a better diet with my favorite game to lose a ton of weight and it's pretty inspirational honestly: https://vrscout.com/news/man-loses-138-pounds-beat-saber/

In other news, I'm thinking of going back to school and the idea terrifies me but it turns out making healthy changes to my body is forcing my brain into "fix ALL your life" mode and I can't stop thinking about changing everything and doing stuff.

I was 17 and clueless when I started a degree in something useless I didn't enjoy. Maybe in my 30's I can make better choices. But degrees are crazy expensive and I work full time. Intimidating.

Congrats in advance @Terytha for going back to college. You are not the same person you were at 17; I'm sure you'll be great at whatever you choose to pursue. You said you work full-time. Have you considered online colleges? I know online learning is not for everyone, but for some it works out perfectly when having to juggle job, family, and other responsibilities. There are plenty of fully accredited colleges/universities that offer 100% online degrees. My doctoral program is totally online. I wouldn't be going if I had to actually sit in a class for all these lectures. I need to be able to multi-task while I'm learning. In my mind, there's no logical reason why I can't be running a load of dishes in the dishwasher, a load of laundry in the washing machine, and having dinner in the oven all while writing a 10-page paper. It works for me. Do what works for you. Wishing you the best. :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Flawless_K wrote: »
    OK, yes I would like to change my weigh-in day to Monday and I've revised my July 2019 weight loss goal to 6 lbs (2 lbs for each of the three weeks that are left). Thank you for the welcome!

All right! I have changed you to a Monday weigh-in, but that leaves you only 2 more weigh-ins to complete the month. The beginning of the challenge was June 30, so you missed a bit at the beginning. For the moment, I have put you down for 5 pounds for the month -- so it's just a tad over 2 pounds per week remaining, since you have lost .4 already. Does that work for you?

And I agree with @evangsimmons170 - I hope you really enjoyed the reunion, 3.6 pounds be d*#*%d!
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    It's Canada Day => non office day here too.

I am going to be 61 in October, and sadly, not gong to be retired for another 4 years or so (assuming that we don't win some via the lottery first .... I'm not greedy - $250,000 and up will suit us just fine ... )

I too am getting back to Full Every-Day Logging (both food and intentional exercise). I have had 3 months on Maintenance - and am very pleased to announce that despite trying out a less-rigid lifestyle, I am still nicely within (the upper end) of my Pre-Determined Maintenance Zone.

HOWEVER .... I have noticed some not-so-great cafeteria purchases sneaking back in tooooooo often recently ... and I have also recently started using some colouring-type apps as my creative outlet / main leisure-activites .... while slacking on the intentional exercise side. When I didn't have a fitbit, the only way to KNOW I had done ~10,000 steps was in context of my exercise game.

Lately, I have been "settling" for ~ 10,000 (or more) steps INCLUDING exergame - often around 4 to 6 thou outside the game in the course of a workday - less on a weekend.
    So I am pledging:
    • a minimum 100 game-calorie burn (~ 35 minutes / 4.5 to 5 thou steps) IN GAME CONTEXT Intentional Exercise regardless of how many other steps from "non-intentional sources" like walking with friend for her cardio-rehab, or to/from store for one or two items etc.
    • And try to keep those non-intentional steps boosted too.
    • And not letting the fitbit "count bike pedaling towards daily step total"
    • And using a timer when doing the colouring to prompt 5 minute Bike HIIT sessions once an hour ... and DO include them in the MFP Exercise log
    • And keeping the food logging complete (and actually IN the diary .... )

You-all are allowed to bug me about "How many bike sessions did you get in yesterday .... HHMMMM?????"

Mid-month look back at the pledge I put in on Canada Day ....

weeeelllllll ...... :s

I HAVE been (not 100% of the time, but more often than not) mini-trampoline jogging / exergaming through an entire Netflix tv episode an evening, so usually well over the "minimum game-calorie burn" even when I don't do nearly as much other walking in my day as I could / should what with a three day off-site course et al.

I HAVE been doing regular evening walks to the near-by grocery store (or up and down the railroad cutting) with Hubby in the evenings more often than not ....

My friend (who is supposed to be walking for cardio-rehab but has had several viral setbacks in the past month or two) is over her latest interference, and just asked me yesterday to "drag her out for an evening walk most-every day" ... so that should help somewhat. <3

I'm winning on the "don't let the fitbit count bike pedaling towards daily step total" o:) ... seeing as I haven't actually DONE any biking at ALL >:)

I haven't been using a timer when reading or coloring (or using the pseudo-cross stitch app) - and therefore not prompting myself to get ON the bike .... or just plain off my duff! >:)

I haven't been logging food OR exercise in MFP consistently ... but I HAVE been eating properly .... mostly .... and making a point of eating more fruit! (I don't count a planned-months-in-advance Italian wedding feast as falling or even jumping off the wagon. We just have to see how quickly I manage to work that one meal's intake through my system. There WAS dancing (wish there could have been more for me, but didn't want to "embarrass the kids toooooo much" and at least I'm not even a relative of the bride) ... and had a very sleep-late / light-intake day on Sunday that included full-on exergame time PLUS evening walk.

I think we can sum up your wonderful report as o:)>:)o:)>:)o:)>:)o:)>:)B)
    Which sounds like life has been happening! And please, embarrass the heck out of the kids. It's your job, or one of them. They have to learn by example that confidence means the willingness to make a fool out of yourself once in a while!

I have also been slack on logging. Shall we try yet again to pester each other about that??? (insert angel or devil here!)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

That's so interesting @Terytha ! I thought it was only me! Somewhere along my weight loss journey I decided to quit my job, which I wasn't enjoying and signed up for a course instead! I will have to borrow money to complete it, but I'm hopefull at the end of it, I'll have a job I enjoy and earn a better wage. So, it's never too late to make the best of life! (I call it my midlife crisis ;-)
    I'm waiting to hear if I get a place on the course (interview on Thursday-wish me luck)
  • jugar
    Options
    There are so many wonderful messages today. I want to quote them all - but I'll restrain myself!

@cory17 - you just took an important step - keep on coming in, and if there is a person you really want to partner with at a deeper level, "friend" them, and watch each other's diaries, send each other text messages, maybe talk sometimes. If that is too much (work and life in the way!), the more our voices are in your head, the more things will work. You've been sticking with this team for a while now, and you can step it up slow but sure. Unstuck! That's where you'll go. <3

@Terytha I agree that going back to university can be a FAR more wonderful experience when you are not 17 any more. I taught in university for 37 years, and I always found the students who had gone out and experienced the world were good in every way - good for the other younger students, good for the classes they were in, and good for the profs. And aren't you in Alberta? University is more than it is here in Québec, but still cheap compared to a lot of places. And there are ALWAYS bursaries for students in need. Go talk with them. You won't regret it. And online through Athabasca University is always an option too. Keep us posted - and keep playing that wild and crazy game that burns calories!!

uh oh. I'm late for something. Gotta run!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    C25K week 6 run 2 completed. Bl**dy hard! Seriously felt like giving up, but kept going for my son, who was very pumped we might hit 4.5K today. We did! Just!
This discussion has been closed.