MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oh wow, so much catching up to do 😳......

Weekend:
    -Social events both Saturday and Sunday. I managed the food well, but not the alcohol. In the end I don’t think it was as bad as it could have been, and was close to breaking even when taking into account exercise.
    -Saturday workout group
    - Sunday ropes course - actually did fairly well, but exhausted afterwards

Monday
    -under calories, but not by much
    - incredibly tired, no workout

Tuesday
    -under calories, but not by much
    - 3 mile run before work, workout group this evening
    - Sooo insanely hungry - happens sometimes when I run early in the morning
    - Still tired 😖
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Kres567 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Saturday
    Week 2
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 246

How are you doing @19shmoo69? Do you need to up your cofffee? You haven’t mentioned it much lately.

I'm sorry but the reason I do not post much is I'm really struggling. I'm having to wear my larger clothes at times. For the most part I woukd come across as negative or complaining and that helps nobody. So I just fade...... with a large cup of coffee in my hand.

What are you struggling with? Is there a challenge we can put out to help you? Let us know how we can pull together and help you through this tough time!

I am seconding this, @19shmoo69 ! I love @Kres567 's idea of looking for a challenge to create, if there's something it would help to work on.

Thank you for wanting to help. However, challenges do not help me. I literally cannot do them. To remember to do a challenge I have consume my thoughts into it. If you all could see how my brain operates .......
    I think a million thoughts all the time, even when I "sleep".
    Somebody had posted a list of 10 items to not eat for a month. I thought I could do it because nine of the items I did not eat anyway. The very next day I ate the tenth item because I forgot I was in a challenge.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,767 Member
    Daily Post: July 15, Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Mowing grass
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 3 of July
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 257.4
    Today's Weight: 256.4

July is just flying by. B)
  • fleetwood1
    This may sound funny, but as part of being more active, I am trying to clean and organize my house more. Not only does it burn some calories, but it is uplifting to get rid of clutter.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Checking in for Tuesday.

Feeling so shattered. Hospital appointment yesterday and it was not catastrophic, but definitely not good news, so I didn't cook my healthy meal, and went and drank cider, and tried to process emotions. No sleep.
    Calories over then. Water was over though, and 14866 steps. Silver linings?

Today, so far, I have made GOOD choices: spring water and grape juice; granola with plain yoghurt, strawberries and raspberrie; salmon, potato, spinach and red cabbage salad. I've not been fighting this well enough. Must do better.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited July 2019
    @19shmoo69 - 😊 No worries about a challenge. If it's not helpful, it's not. But do feel free to speak up about things you are struggling with. 📣

@digger61 - Another great day! You are so consistent in your efforts! 👍🏽

@fleetwood1 - Brilliant weigh-in! Congratulations!
    I love your using decluttering as a way to be more active! You can definitely burn calories that way! I, too, find it very uplifting to get rid of clutter!
    Anyone else doing decluttering this week? Wanting to tackle it? 🗑️🔥

@Wishusdonna - We so wish the news had been better, and are so glad the news was not catastrophic. Fighting back with good food choices sounds like a great thing to be doing. ❤️❤️❤️
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:207.6
    Todays Weight: 206.2

Down another 1.2 lbs! Woot!! B)

We have decided to either sell our house and move to one slightly larger or to do some remodeling of the one we have now. Either way, I'm going to start some major decluttering of every nook and cranny of my house, starting today!! :)
  • fleetwood1

We have decided to either sell our house and move to one slightly larger or to do some remodeling of the one we have now. Either way, I'm going to start some major decluttering of every nook and cranny of my house, starting today!! :)

@TeresaW1020 - We are looking at moving next year as well and will be selling and building. Starting to declutter early will be the key. I have a few things I have been meaning to sell as well. A lot of items will be donated also. Good luck!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    @Wishusdonna sounds like good choices. Take care of your emotional side as well, and if that is sometimes some cider and comfort food while you peel the onion of bad news, it's ok. The next day can be (as was) better choices. I think of you often throughout my day, wishing you peace and resolutions and a path to health.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2019
    Morning, and huge hugs, congratulations and “you’ve got this!” to all of our Slimpossibles! I have a question for @ Teresa and anyone else who is successfully doing Intermittent Fasting (IF):

I am experiencing some very late night (11 or midnight) food cravings/ snack cravings and have shamefully gotten up and headed to the peanut butter jar for a teaspoon;, or for a handful of salty nuts; or even for a piece of chewing gum. My calories are typically under so maybe that’s the problem. I can’t seem to delay dinner past 6, so maybe I need a later snack of some sort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the midnight raids are really making me nervous😳. Thanks!!!
    PS: I’m following a low carb diet (<25 net gms)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    Morning, and huge hugs, congratulations and “you’ve got this!” to all of our Slimpossibles! I have a question for @ Teresa and anyone else who is successfully doing Intermittent Fasting (IF):

I am experiencing some very late night (11 or midnight) food cravings/ snack cravings and have shamefully gotten up and headed to the peanut butter jar for a teaspoon;, or for a handful of salty nuts; or even for a piece of chewing gum. My calories are typically under so maybe that’s the problem. I can’t seem to delay dinner past 6, so maybe I need a later snack of some sort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the midnight raids are really making me nervous😳. Thanks!!!

I'm sure @TeresaW1020 will be a long to answer your question but in the meantime this is another perspective. In all cases it's always finding what works for you not necessarily what works for other people.

If you are going to do intermittent fasting the most common type is 16:8, where you fast for 16 hours and eat during 8 only. However, it is completely up to you how you spread that over the day so if you know you tend to want to eat at night you calculate your fasting hours to allow you to eat in the evenings.

However if you are doing low carb there are a few other things that might help you. Firstly are you eating enough calories as cutting out carbs does cut out a lot of calories and it can be very difficult psychologically to add some back in with fat. Fat and / or protein can be highly staiting and prevent hunger later at night. Also, just in case (although I'm sure you already know), don't try to do low carb with low fat as it won't work, as you'll end up eating high protein and high protein can result in stimulating an inch in effect, which is one of the main reasons for doing low carb.

The other thought that comes to mind is that when doing low-carb cravings can indicate low levels of electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, and salt). when you eat low-carb you reduce the amount of glycogen in your muscles which reduces the amount of fluid in your body making it more difficult to hold onto those minerals. Therefore, it can be very beneficial to supplement the electrolytes, I do everyday.
  • tess5036

🌟🌟🌟🌟 Fantastic!!!!!🌟🌟🌟🌟
  • tess5036
    Checking in for Tuesday.

Feeling so shattered. Hospital appointment yesterday and it was not catastrophic, but definitely not good news, so I didn't cook my healthy meal, and went and drank cider, and tried to process emotions. No sleep.
    Calories over then. Water was over though, and 14866 steps. Silver linings?

Today, so far, I have made GOOD choices: spring water and grape juice; granola with plain yoghurt, strawberries and raspberrie; salmon, potato, spinach and red cabbage salad. I've not been fighting this well enough. Must do better.

Not good rather than catastrophic sounds better. I've missed out on a lot of the preceding posts as I was missing in action for a while, but if there is anything we can do please let us know. I do know that you are a very strong person, probably more than you realise, and you do have an excellent support network here 💚💚💚

• tess5036
    Wednesday check in
    Carbs; under
    Water; over
    Exercise: 180 mins including spin, treadmill intervals, rowing, and CT
    Tomorrow: treadmill
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2019
    tess5036 wrote: »

I'm sure @TeresaW1020 will be a long to answer your question but in the meantime this is another perspective. In all cases it's always finding what works for you not necessarily what works for other people.

If you are going to do intermittent fasting the most common type is 16:8, where you fast for 16 hours and eat during 8 only. However, it is completely up to you how you spread that over the day so if you know you tend to want to eat at night you calculate your fasting hours to allow you to eat in the evenings.

However if you are doing low carb there are a few other things that might help you. Firstly are you eating enough calories as cutting out carbs does cut out a lot of calories and it can be very difficult psychologically to add some back in with fat. Fat and / or protein can be highly staiting and prevent hunger later at night. Also, just in case (although I'm sure you already know), don't try to do low carb with low fat as it won't work, as you'll end up eating high protein and high protein can result in stimulating an inch in effect, which is one of the main reasons for doing low carb.

The other thought that comes to mind is that when doing low-carb cravings can indicate low levels of electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, and salt). when you eat low-carb you reduce the amount of glycogen in your muscles which reduces the amount of fluid in your body making it more difficult to hold onto those minerals. Therefore, it can be very beneficial to supplement the electrolytes, I do everyday.

I cannot thank you enough for this response!!!! I am doing 16:8, but will try the time adjustment to eat later in the evening. I do not restrict fat, but my worst craving nights seem to be when I haven’t met my protein macros. Finally, I recently had blood work done for a doctors appointment and learned that my potassium level is the lowest value of normal (3.5). In the ‘old days’ (pre-low carb), I would have just eaten a banana. It’s my ch harder now, so I may look into vitamins or supplements of some kind. Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!! 🙏
  • tess5036
    tess5036 wrote: »

I cannot thank you enough for this response!!!! I am doing 16:8, but will try the time adjustment to eat later in the evening. I fo not restrict fat, but my worst craving nights seem to be when I haven’t met my protein macros. Finally, I recently had blood work done for a doctors appointment and learned that my potassium level is the lowest value of normal (3.5). In the ‘old days’ (pre-low carb), I would have just eaten a banana. It’s my ch harder now, so I may look into vitamins or supplements of some kind. Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!! 🙏

You are welcome, I've been doing full keto since last October and it suits me as I'm pretty sure I was inch in resistant.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 218.2
    current weight 219.8

Wed. Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: 8 today - and maybe this is the right spot for me - I have been watching sodium so there's that but also noting that not retaining a bunch of water and also not trying to drink a lot
    Exercise: 30 minute walk at work - intentional, hot as hell, proud of myself! YES - again!! =>

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: a walk at work - looking for my 30 min. window - seems good for tomorrow, too!
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

I have to be truthful, I'm kind of dreading the weighing in and reporting on Friday. I think the numbers are fine, I was down a few pounds yesterday (no scale with me Sat/Sun/Mon). I think I'm just worried that the heat and some random sodium thing will get me - trying to balance the exercise, the water (enough but not too much, wondering if that was a factor) and the calories. Really, actually, trying to balance the head space, that's my true challenge.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    starting weight: 219.5
    Previous weight: 218.2
    current weight 219.8

Wed. Check-in of week 2 July
    Food: all food logged, all on plan, under on calories
    Water: 8 today - and maybe this is the right spot for me - I have been watching sodium so there's that but also noting that not retaining a bunch of water and also not trying to drink a lot
    Exercise: 30 minute walk at work - intentional, hot as hell, proud of myself! YES - again!! =>

Next Day Goals
    Food: make choices that are good for me and continued less sodium!
    Exercise: a walk at work - looking for my 30 min. window - seems good for tomorrow, too!
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: drink more water, remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey

I have to be truthful, I'm kind of dreading the weighing in and reporting on Friday. I think the numbers are fine, I was down a few pounds yesterday (no scale with me Sat/Sun/Mon). I think I'm just worried that the heat and some random sodium thing will get me - trying to balance the exercise, the water (enough but not too much, wondering if that was a factor) and the calories. Really, actually, trying to balance the head space, that's my true challenge.

The mental game is a huge challenge for many. The heat and sodium make me gain too. Good luck on Friday. Drink lots and lots of water. That will help with any water retention.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Great job on the weighins everyone! We are already down more in a few days then we were all of last week! We’ve got week 3!
This discussion has been closed.