Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Week 3 Weigh-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username- bethanie0825
    Previous - 234.6
    Current 232.8

I meant to log this Tuesday evening but we had some wicked weather blow thru. I'm currently at work, walking in place at my console and it dawned on me that I never checked in. I feel like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland some days :lol:
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Great job on the weighins everyone! We are already down more in a few days then we were all of last week! We’ve got week 3!

I agree, good job everyone on Week 3!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    GOOD MORNING TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES

iakzas1ed70p.png

FOR THE AUGUST CHALLENGE I HAVE JUST ADDED TO YOUR CHEER SQUAD THE FOLLOWING NEW MEMBERS
    @amuschette .... @leonadixon AND @nlalamin04
    PLEASE WELCOME THEM TO YOUR TEAM AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO START PARTICIPATING FOR THE REST OF THIS MONTH
    THANKS GREG
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Good morning!
    @amuschette @leonadixon and @nlalamin04 - welcome to the Mission Slimpossibles Team! We are delighted you are joining us! Please join in the conversation now! This is a super friendly, supportive group! We hope being here will help you meet your health and fitness goals!
    5slezb6uti42.gif
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome @amuschette @leonadixon & @nlalamin04 ! It is so nice to see some new faces! I hope you enjoy it here. Everyone is so supportive and full of good information. I've only been here a short while, but I'm so glad I joined!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    @amuschette @leonadixon and @nlalamin04
    Welcome to our lovely group, we have so many wonderful members, we look forward to getting to know you
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Thank you! Is this where we chat in the group? Is there a different link? I am so excited to be motivated by new friends!
  • AustinRuadhain
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Thank you! Is this where we chat in the group? Is there a different link? I am so excited to be motivated by new friends!

@leonadixon - Yes, this is where to chat with the group! It's the Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat for July! Welcome!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Wednesday July 17 - Check-in
    Food: all logged, all good choices/on plan, kept to my fasting window, calories on target
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts class 87 min; weight lifting 60 min
    Victory: Got to the gym for weight training, so on track for MWF weight sessions this week!

Thursday July 18 - Goals or Improvements
    Food: all logged, all good choices, calories on target, keep to my fasting window
    Water: on target/high
    Exercise: outdoor walk (45+ min); martial arts practice at home; get to bed early so we can get weightlifting done in the morning.
    Didn't do martial arts work at home yesterday. Restarting that streak today. I need to start doing that early in the morning, before I get distracted.
    Declutter Challenge: At least 15 minutes work on my home office
    Other: lots of work on big volunteer project
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Aww I’m super excited to be a part of this group!!
  • mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Welcome to our lovely group, we have so many wonderful members, we look forward to getting to know you

Thanks for the add!😊
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Semi-Random Thursday Check In

Calories: under
    Fruits & veggies: 5.5 servings
    Water: up

Goals:
    Get better about checking in.
    Eat 6 servings of fruits/veggies per day consistently.
    Get to gym to swim.

Here's something that has bothered me for a while: If you log a weight increase with MFP, it doesn't show up in your feed. There's not even an option to turn this on. This bothers me because it makes it seem like a gain is shameful...just a dirty little secret....when we all know that weigh loss is not necessarily linear. There are going to be times when the scale stays the same or even goes up. Should I feel bad and need to hide that I was up 2.4 pounds yesterday when I stepped on my scale midweek? I shouldn't. Ups and downs are part of the process, but MFP doesn't allow you to acknowledge those ups (and maintains) that are part of the journey. It is going to take me a LONG time to get where I need to be. Support on the ups as well as downs should be part of it.

(Just for clarification...I know there is a ton of support here for when people post gains. I'm bemoaning the lack of entries on our feed.)
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    amuschette wrote: »
    tess5036 wrote: »

I second that (or 3rd, 4th or 5th it!!!). Welcome to the group that helps to make anything possible!! So much great advice, support and connections!
  • AustinRuadhain
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Semi-Random Thursday Check In

Calories: under
    Fruits & veggies: 5.5 servings
    Water: up

Goals:
    Get better about checking in.
    Eat 6 servings of fruits/veggies per day consistently.
    Get to gym to swim.

Here's something that has bothered me for a while: If you log a weight increase with MFP, it doesn't show up in your feed. There's not even an option to turn this on. This bothers me because it makes it seem like a gain is shameful...just a dirty little secret....when we all know that weigh loss is not necessarily linear. There are going to be times when the scale stays the same or even goes up. Should I feel bad and need to hide that I was up 2.4 pounds yesterday when I stepped on my scale midweek? I shouldn't. Ups and downs are part of the process, but MFP doesn't allow you to acknowledge those ups (and maintains) that are part of the journey. It is going to take me a LONG time to get where I need to be. Support on the ups as well as downs should be part of it.

(Just for clarification...I know there is a ton of support here for when people post gains. I'm bemoaning the lack of entries on our feed.)

Yes! This! I think it would make more sense to just be clear about what's so.

I can guess that whoever set it up that way was trying to be nice. It's just -- you are right -- that it's a kind of nice that's not super helpful.

Anyway, I do love that the ups and downs are part of this group's conversation. Paying attention to both over 18+ months has had me adjust course over and over, to find the eating and exercise that work for me.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    I agree wholeheartedly. Facing ‘what is’ makes us stronger and more resilient. But it takes work and reframing our mindsets to accept those blips in this weight loss journey. I found this article full of great insight and helpful suggestions. It is subtitled “6 Ways to Deal with the Ups and Downs of Weight Loss (without Giving Up).” I encourage everyone to read it and hopefully, find a message in there that resonates with their own personal journey. Cheers, everyone!

https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/article_amp.asp?id=1943
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. Facing ‘what is’ makes us stronger and more resilient. But it takes work and reframing our mindsets to accept those blips in this weight loss journey. I found this article full of great insight and helpful suggestions. It is subtitled “6 Ways to Deal with the Ups and Downs of Weight Loss (without Giving Up).” I encourage everyone to read it and hopefully, find a message in there that resonates with their own personal journey. Cheers, everyone!

Wow! What a great article! I particularly liked this:
    When you make a decision to try again, to get back on track after a setback or even start over, that's resiliency! You proclaim and you believe, "I've done it before and I can do it again!"

So often, people make themselves wrong if they lose weight, and then regain it. I know I have done that.

Also: 5.�� Try to learn from your setbacks. Mistakes and slip-ups aren't failures; they are learning experiences.� Gather data to help you move forward in the future and avoid a similar issue. Treat them as learning opportunities.

Yes. Color me inspired!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    @leonadixon @amuschette Welcome to the gang!

I couldn't get on last night, so Wed is under calories and exercise was weights, elliptical, and bike. I took a night off Tuesday and it helped my performance yesterday, though it was weird to take a day off. I'm camping this weekend so will be facing some challenges, then leave next week for two weeks. I hope I'm able to stay on plan!
  • tess5036
    KMD1214 wrote: »

Fantastic! I think @AustinRuadhain summed it up well, after all we can't change the past but we can certainly change our future
  • tess5036
    Thursday check in
    Carbs: under
    Water: over
    Exercise; 90 mins cardio made up of treadmill and cycle intervals
    Tomorrow: more cardio as I'm nursing a slight back injury so the weights are are off-limits for a little while
This discussion has been closed.