WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

So yesterday I couldn’t get into the boards at all so that means I have a weigh in for today. All I can do is apologize for the damage of the last two weeks and promise to do better.

Weigh in July 18
    Last week: 193.6
    Today: 200.0

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Good morning!

So yesterday I couldn’t get into the boards at all so that means I have a weigh in for today. All I can do is apologize for the damage of the last two weeks and promise to do better.

Weigh in July 18
    Last week: 193.6
    Today: 200.0

@megnolia82 ...WEIGH IN POSTED MEG...NO WORRIES YOUR NOT ALONE IN THAT BOAT... I AM IN IT WITH YOU.
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps

7/17: 30,573
    7/18: 28,578

Lots of hiking and walking the last couple days! Kids want to go to the mall today so maybe I'll get my steps in there - supposed to be a hot one today!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @runarml ...STEPS POSTED... HAVE FUN WITH TH KIDS AT THE MALL AND GET IN THOSE STEPS
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Steplaj
    Friday
  • XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    XOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    19 July 2019
    User ID: XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    WEEK#: 3
    Weigh in Day: FRIDAY
    Previous Weight: 126.7kg / 279.32lbs
    Current Weight: 126.2kg / 278.00lbs
    Weeks Steps: 14367

Helloooo Warriors! Thank you for the group and all the work to keep it going! I’m back to the bio and doing well! Happy weekend! 😘
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    ConfidentRaven
    Thursday weigh
    Week 3
    PW: 312.0
    CW: 308.6

@ConfidentRaven ..WEIGH IN IS POSTED....... I DON'T WHAT YOUR DOIN.... BUT WHAT EVER IT IS KEEP ON IT
    THIS IS A GREAT WEIGH IN...

Thank you!

Since the stall last month I have shifted to a lower carb, higher fats, moderate protein combination that’s been working really well for me. I don’t do Keto levels of low carb because I had a lot of trouble sticking to it in the past. My goal is less than 30% carbs on any given day, vs the 5-10 with Keto. I’ve also added in at least one day a week of strength training and walks outside as weather permits, though at least one 20 minute one each morning.

I daily weight track and that in combination with my food log really helped me figure out a plan that works well. I really recommend to anyone who is struggling to try daily weigh ins and logging to help pinpoint what their problem area might be. On an amusing note my husband does the exact opposite of me he’s high carb, low fat and has been doing very well since shifting to that.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @steplaj ...WEIGH IN IS POSTED WTG ON THE LOSS.....
    @XOX_LOTSA_XOX ...WEIGH IN IS POSTED ...WTG ON THE LOSS GREAT STEP COUNT
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    i07m68isxg5d.png

CONGRATS TO THE WORKOUT WARRIORS RUN THE YEAR TEAM
    WE HAVE EARNED THE 1800 MILE BADGE

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/18 - 20,607

👊💃🔥🥰
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Shockvalue07
    Week 3
    PW: 190.8
    CW: 190.4
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Happy Friday! I am making an Indian Lentil soup, yummy 😋!

Spinach and Tomato Dal (Indian Lentil Soup)

Ingredients
    1 cup red lentils
    4 cups water
    1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon mustard seeds
    1 teaspoon cumin seeds
    1 onion, chopped

6 cloves garlic, minced
    Fresh ginger!
    1 pinch ground turmeric (using fresh and we like it a lot, always add more)
    1 bunch spinach, chopped
    1 large plum tomato, chopped
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    water, as needed
    Directions
    Bring lentils and 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer 10 minutes. Skim off any scum that forms and continue to simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
    Heat the oil in a separate saucepan. Cook mustard seeds and cumin seeds in hot oil until they start to splatter, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and turmeric to the seeds; cook and stir until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir spinach, tomato, and cayenne pepper into the onion mixture; cook until the spinach wilts and the tomato is tender, about 5 minutes.
    Stir the cooked lentils and cilantro into the spinach mixture; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt and water to taste and texture preferences.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    ConfidentRaven
    Thursday weigh
    Week 3
    PW: 312.0
    CW: 308.6

@ConfidentRaven ..WEIGH IN IS POSTED....... I DON'T WHAT YOUR DOIN.... BUT WHAT EVER IT IS KEEP ON IT
    THIS IS A GREAT WEIGH IN...

Thank you!

Since the stall last month I have shifted to a lower carb, higher fats, moderate protein combination that’s been working really well for me. I don’t do Keto levels of low carb because I had a lot of trouble sticking to it in the past. My goal is less than 30% carbs on any given day, vs the 5-10 with Keto. I’ve also added in at least one day a week of strength training and walks outside as weather permits, though at least one 20 minute one each morning.

I daily weight track and that in combination with my food log really helped me figure out a plan that works well. I really recommend to anyone who is struggling to try daily weigh ins and logging to help pinpoint what their problem area might be. On an amusing note my husband does the exact opposite of me he’s high carb, low fat and has been doing very well since shifting to that.

Awesome!!!

Have you tried the Happy Scale free app? It shows trends, upcoming milestones, averages. Really cool app! I weigh daily and it’s been very helpful!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Checkin in!
    Fitness327wk
    7.18.19💃🤸‍♀️💃
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day.
    Exercise: Hike seven miles and an hour Barre class 🏋️‍♀️!
    10,000 steps ✔️ Over, will post at end of the day. Also right now 22,317! 🤪🙋‍♀️👏🥰
    Water ✔️

Looking forward to hiking and Barre tmo!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I was away from the scale today.. are you ok with me posting Tom.?
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited July 2019
    Options
    px9oqpmbts27.png
    IT'S SATURDAY!!!!!
    GOOD MORNING WARRIORS FROM COAST TO COAST AND EVEY WHERE ELSE
    WELL IT COULD BE VERY CLOSE TO SUNDAY IF YOUR IN EUROPE
    GOING INTO TOWN TODAY LOTS OF ERRAND TO RUN, GROCERY SHOPPING (YUK) FARMERS MARKET SO YAY FRESH HOME GROWN VEGGIES, A LUNCH DATE WITH MARCIE(EATING WISELY I AM)

ANY WHO HERE'S GOES TODAY ANNOUNCEMENTS

mvghruvxuz0q.png
    WEIGH IN TODAY IS
    @getfitgal123

3dj033zablva.png

DON'T LEAVE US HANGIN
    STILL TO WEIGH FOR THE WEEK ARE
    @Patti705 1 - Sun
    @FLAWLESS_K 2 - Mon
    @Lukdbestucan16 5 - Thu
    @Abowersgirl 6 - Fri <<<<<WILL WEIGH IN TODAY SOMETIME

COME ON FOLKS LET'S GET THESE WEIGHTS POSTED SOMETIME TODAY