MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the AUGUST Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the AUGUST Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @shockvalue07 and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
Week 1 - TRIMSTONES
Week 2 - WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 3 - WAISTAWAYS
Week 4 - SHRINKING ASSETS
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for AUGUST. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1- Aug 2019
    Sunday
    PW 162
    CW 161.4

Welcome to the August challenge.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: yes swimming and hiking
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I’m back. And I need to be! Let’s do my weigh in day as Friday. Friday’s weight was 157.6, so that can be my starting weight for August, I guess.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    I have been a slacker this summer and find myself behind on exercise habits and getting too much sugar in my diet. So, my goals this week are to cut way back on sugars and get to the gym (or a sweaty home workout) at least 3 times this week. I have my menus planned for the week and will be carrying leftovers for lunches most days. It’s time for me to recommit to healthy eating and healthy lifestyle. Who’s with me???
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am pumped for another month! All of the positive discussions in July have really motivated me to stick with it! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

I am Jen a Slimpossible captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain. We are looking for one more Motivator. If you are interested please message myself or @broncobuddee.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - this is something the team captains post. We’ve fallen behind a little on these challenges with so many other things happening in the challenge. If you have any suggestions for challenges please post here or send me a message.

Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

I’ll go ahead with introduction - as mentioned earlier my name is Jen. I am 44 years old, married with two kids and work full time outside of the house. I live in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. Currently I’m on vacation in Ontario and having a great time! Still here for another week.

I’ve been using MFP for a couple of years steady and been a part of this group for almost as long. I love this challenge group. I have learned so much about fat loss, good habits and heathy living from the people on here. Although my journey has been slow as well as up and down I have learned a lot about myself (and have a tonne of patience!!) Life is busy for me with 2 youngish kids and a husband who works out of town. Most days I find it hard to put myself first. I have to get much better at self care and making myself a priority. My husband is going to school for a couple of months in September so I am hoping to put together a plan that includes more exercise and less stress eating to give me a bit of a jump on fat loss.

Well, everyone - cheers to a great month! Looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I have been a slacker this summer and find myself behind on exercise habits and getting too much sugar in my diet. So, my goals this week are to cut way back on sugars and get to the gym (or a sweaty home workout) at least 3 times this week. I have my menus planned for the week and will be carrying leftovers for lunches most days. It’s time for me to recommit to healthy eating and healthy lifestyle. Who’s with me???

You are a star!!! I hope you had a great summer vacation!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Team Challenge - Set your intention

@UTMom81’s post inspired me to put out a challenge. Let’s set our intention/goals for the week. List 2-3 you want to accomplish this week. It could be food, exercise, or self care related. It might only be things you want to do once this week or everyday. Make sure they are realistic.

I’ll go first:

1. I am going to go for two 30 min walks while at the cottage
    2. I am going to go for two swims across the lake
    3. Drink more water
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    5f5jh8cwfq9t.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    INDIVIDUAL % LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 14.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 9.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 42.7PDS OR 0.17%

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.35%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 14.6
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 14.4
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    2nd buniphuphu 3.45%
    3rd Cyndiesstuff 2.52%

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    SaraMakingChanges
    mrshadsall
    Carlsoda
    Gutcutter500
    Perla4686
    NikMar
    Luciicul
    Jactop
    gottagetthisdown
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    f1zxdi98mym4.png

GRAND FINALE

THE WINNERS ARE..

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 9.15%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 59.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 27.6

As a whole we lost 262.8 pounds or 1.05% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 1.61%
    3rd Workout Warriors 1.19%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Shrinking Assets 59.9
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 57.6
    3rd Workout Warriors 51.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st buniphuphu 9.15%
    2nd Caydensmommy 7.76%
    3rd Luciicul 5.68%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 27.6
    2nd Caydensmommy 23.8
    3rd Luciicul 11.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    kilobykilo
    Ahanaz
    ConfidentRaven
    southpalms
    MrsHadshall
    KMD1214
    Terytha
    19shmoo69
    zlauerMom
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Good morning! :) Welcome to all our new members!! My name is Teresa and I've been in this group for months. Maybe even longer since I can't remember! :D I'm 53 years old, married to the love of my life, mom to my Cavapoo, Maggie Mae. I'm the ministry assistant at my small church as well as the 3rd-5th grade Sunday school teacher. Right now my life is in a bit of an upheaval as we are selling our current home and moving next month to a new one. If I had known there was so much involved, I might not have done it! :# But I'm also very excited for a new chapter and of course for all the shopping that I must now do for the new place! B) Please, pray for my husband! o:)

I've battled my weight since I was 13 years old. In January of 2017, I joined Weight Watchers and I lost 50 lbs in two years. In March I started doing intermittent fasting and in July I started eating a low carb/Keto diet. I've lost almost 60 lbs altogether and have another 40ish to go. I might tweak my diet as I feel led but what I will NEVER do is quit!!

1. Drink more water!! I have been slacking in this area and need to step it up.
    2. Stop snacking. With being so busy getting my house ready to sell, I have found myself doing some mindless snacking and that is affecting my weight.
    3. Track my eating on my app. Again I have been slacking and I know better. Tracking is key!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »

@UTMom81’s post inspired me to put out a challenge. Let’s set our intention/goals for the week. List 2-3 you want to accomplish this week. It could be food, exercise, or self care related. It might only be things you want to do once this week or everyday. Make sure they are realistic.

I’ll go first:

1. I am going to go for two 30 min walks while at the cottage
    2. I am going to go for two swims across the lake
    3. Drink more water

Awesome goals, especially swimming across the lake. How cool is THAT?!?

If no one else steps up, I can do the motivator role again. If someone else wants it though, I’m fine with just being a member again. Either way! Let’s DO this!
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited August 2019
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 1 MODERATORS DISCUSSION
    HEALTHY LIVING
    c1amum0kcjrh.png
    MEAL PREPPING GUIDE 101... COURTESY OF LA FITNESS
    MANY OF US STRUGGLE WITH THE PERILS OF FOOD PREPPING....
    TO HOT OUTSIDE TO TURN ON THE OVENS....
    NO MOJO TO FIX A WEEKS WORTH OF MEALS....
    STAGNATE ON IDEAS ON WHAT TO FIX AND NOT THE SAME OL SAME OL.
    HERE IS AN ARTICLE FROM LA FITNESS WITH SOME IDEAS ON JUST THAT SUBJECT
    https://blog.lafitness.com/2019/07/17/ our-meal-prepping-101-guide/
    PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND RECIPES WITH THE GROUP ON MEAL PREPPING 101
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757886/aug-week-1-mods-discussion#latest

• KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, all new and returning members!! My name is Kate... I’m 63.... recently retired and living happily in SW Florida. I started seriously addressing my weight issues this spring, after injuring one of my knees playing tennis. Hauling all that weight around on the tennis court probably contributed to that injury. When that happened, I had a terrifying glimpse into a future with totally preventable, limited mobility. That was my trigger to get serious! I’ve been successful thanks to what I call the ‘triple play’: MFP ( logging religiously and participating in this Community); low carb/ low cal (20-25gm net carbs/ 1200 cals); and, intermittent fasting. With 29 pounds gone (forever!), I’m hoping to lose 20 more. Meanwhile, my knee is so much better and so am I !! Welcome, all! Feel free to message anytime! 🤗

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I posted about being out-of-town and asked what to do and there wasn't a response. I won't be weighing in tomorrow either. My last weigh in was 135 but I'm sure it's up from vacation.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I’m back. And I need to be! Let’s do my weigh in day as Friday. Friday’s weight was 157.6, so that can be my starting weight for August, I guess.

Great to see you back 😁
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    It is great to see new people and so many returning people. This is such a fantastic and supportive group!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in
    Calories: maybe a little high
    Water: over
    Exercise: lots of cleaning and packing still getting done!

Tonight, was my church's potluck dinner. We had a tailgate theme which worked pretty well with my low carb eating. I did indulge in a couple of sweet treats, which now have my cravings going crazy. One of the things I've noticed since going low carb is that I don't crave sugar like I used to. So my cravings can just hush because I'm down eating for the day. IF app has been turned on! :)
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Sunday Check In
    Calories: under
    Water: didn't really measure but not too far under I don't think
    Exercise: Went to the mountains for a 2.5 hour hike, so I'm counting that as one of my (at least) 3 workouts this week.
    Turned down dessert at dinner tonight, so Yay! No sweets for me at all today.
    Tomorrow: track water better, stay under calories, and find time to work out
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: Took 3 teeanagers shopping at the mall today so lots and lots of walking and carrying all the bags should be considered strength training!!
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: tomorrow is yoga and lower carbs

1. Gym 4 times
    2. Get 7 + sleep a night
    3. No gluten or dairy
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Food: all logged, good choices/on plan, calories on target
    Exercise: outdoor walk (60 min)
    Packed and took my lunch to last day of convention; hung out with people eating BBQ without indulging in anything off my plan; yay!

Monday - Goals or Improvements
    Food: log, all good choices, calories on target, keep to usual fasting window
    Exercise plan: martial arts practice (10 min); martial arts class; bonus/stretch goal - short walk and/or Classical Stretch session
This discussion has been closed.