Is anyone starting July 1st?

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,518 Member
    You know those day, it is in your diary, alarm goes off, clothes already laid out, and you just don't fancy it?

That was me this morning, and then I had my best C25K session yet.

However you think you feel, go for it - you never know how it will turn out!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    I am glad to see everyone is still at it. I am on WK6D3. We've had lots of bad weather and it slowed me down but I'm planning to finish. Good luck to everyone!!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    W4D1,doing a bit better
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    I attempted W5D3 on Saturday morning. We had overnight storms and it was so humid it felt like I was breathing underwater. I only managed to run for about 15 minutes before I had to take a walk break. Then I got another couple of minutes of running in before the cool down. I'm going to repeat week 5 this week, the weather isn't looking much better - hot and humid all week, but I'm determined to run for the whole 20 minutes!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Repeating day 1 today and 2 miles in the app switches off - so delighted, not
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I had not run since last Wednesday, busy weekend supporting the American Diabetes Association Tour deCure event. (I volunteer and ride!)

Yesterday, I ran w5d1. It was 3 half mile intervals with 1/4 mile walks in between. I felt good, despite the high heat and humidity.

Week 5 Day 1
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,365 Member
    Did W6D3 last Saturday and W7D1 today - sorely needed to use up some of the extra holiday calories we've been getting!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Struggling for time this week. Day 1 the app let me down and today should be day 2 however it is signup day for 'Man v Fat Football' which I need to cycle to. I will have to catch up doing Thu, Sat early, Sun late and then probably Tues, Thu, Sat the following week.
  • savannahs21
    W4D2, about the same as Monday but I'm surprisingly not as out of breath as before!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    W7R2 done! Also find I'm less out of breath and very slowly increasing my distance. Still hard work but feels good!
  • Just_Ceci
    I did w5d2 after work yesterday. It sucked. I had to stop twice to stretch my calves. I will be repeating this one- 2 runs of 3/4 miles with a half mile walk in the middle.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I did w5d2 after work yesterday. It sucked. I had to stop twice to stretch my calves. I will be repeating this one- 2 runs of 3/4 miles with a half mile walk in the middle.
    Do you have a foam roller? I find it really helps.
  • Just_Ceci
    Do you have a foam roller? I find it really helps.

No, I don't. I think the problem was the course was an out and back, slightly uphill out. My calves were fine on the downhill coming back.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Not the best week, moving on...
  • savannahs21
    W4D3, much better today. Will be doing W5D1 monday
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I ran this morning. Decided to just go for it. W5D3 is done! I ran 2 miles straight without stopping!
    W5D3
    You made it! That 20 minute run was a big mental hurdle for me
  • Just_Ceci
    I ran this morning. Decided to just go for it. W5D3 is done! I ran 2 miles straight without stopping!
    W5D3
    You made it! That 20 minute run was a big mental hurdle for me

:smiley: It was 25+ minutes for me since I'm doing the distance version!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Back to it yesterday, not a terrible jalk, bit of an upper thigh strain after sitting down in the afternoon. As my wife and daughter went on bikes I ended up doing 3 miles for C25K and then, after a stop for a light lunch, nearly 2 miles back again at the same pace.
  • savannahs21
    W5D1, the 5 minute run was much easier then last week!