Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 163.8
    Todays Weight: 163.8
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this month I want to try and read all your stories :) I started this morning. Still on page 1 but they are so interesting!
    @amsandos, have great time in Paris. I love it there. Especially Montmartre, Versailles and all the beautiful gardens. I hope you'll share a pic or two from your trip when you come back. I'm always so excited when someone is traveling to an interesting place :)
    @ihp2015,1 lbs per week sounds like a sustainable weight loss plan. I'm also a slow loser ;)
    @phoebe112476, happy anniversary! And look at that graphic - constantly going down :) BTW what is DietBets?
    @carlsoda, I also love to hike and dance around the house. Although I don't have a pet to motivate. I just adore dancing.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 , we learn from our mistakes. I've done this one so many times. I still hope I can eat mindfully without logging food, but I haven't managed that yet.
    @Barbb1557, losing a pound after all that wine and beer and great food is such a success! I could only dream of such.
    @Zumba_Luvah, I've never heard of body groove. What is is? Sounds interesting ;)
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: logged and almost even
    Water: a little less then necessary
    Exercise: 60 min Zumba class + 20 min walk
    Steps:13300

I was so tired before I went to that Zumba class. But I made Hubby come back earlier from work, so I can go. And I had declared on several places I'm planning to. So I just fought my tiredness and went. And I don't regret it a bit! It was fantastic! So fun and intensive. They already have a complex choreography, that they don't stop to explain, but just keep dancing. And I was able to keep up with most of it! I so love dancing!!! B)
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: on plan
    Water: 60 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk
    Steps:11124

it was a good day yesterday. i followed my plan to a "T"!! i love this job. and the clients are starting to get to know me. one client, told my boss that she really liked me and i was a keeper!! so sweet. so i am feeling confident this morning. strong and determined. on track. we watered the gardens and flowers last night. it has been more than 2 weeks with little to no rain. the zuchinni is no producing like it has in years past, the peppers look puny. the tomatoes look great so far. they are just starting to ripen. we have had a couple of cukes. but it has just not been a good growing season. i will take what it gives and be thankful.

My plan for the day
    exercise
    go to work
    get 10k steps
    drink 60 oz water
    eat apple, protein bar, tuna salad in a pepper, veggie bag and hummus, brat, corn on the cob, cucumber salad
    drive home
    cook dinner
    take Mackie for a forest walk
    journal about my day

@Moarrein ohh i am so glad you talked with your son. soo important. that way he learns that love is not perfect! super mom!! i love zumba too and before you know it you will have the choreography all figured out. i actually never really do, thats why i stay at the back of the class and dance my own dance! no one cares and it is amazing fun.

@carlsoda did miss lucy chase you around the house? lol. my dog mackie, hides. he thinks im crazy and i just may be!! and the problem with chronic pain, at least my chronic pain, is that rest really doesn't help. the only thing that makes it let up is time.

@ljdanny wowow! look at you grandma! two grandbabies back to back! lucky girl.

@jedaschultz yayayayay that is awesome. your almost to onederland. you can do this!!

@ihp2015 yes!! day one in your string of days!! i am an early riser too. 430 or 5. are you liking your apple watch? i miss you on our fit bit challenges.

@pacsnc6 i am glad your planning to have a good month. me toooooo!! controling your food while out to lunch is a valuable tool. its tough but it can be done. i have learned to drink a big glass of water first, then have a salad before the food comes, and i also ask for a box before they bring my food. that way, when the food gets to the table, i take off half and put it in the box and put it aside. that way, out of sight out of mind. wowow 49 years! congrats, now that is truly amazing!!

@twyla77 look at your girl! starting the month with a loss. way to go. and the love the horse. whats the name?

@Mrsbell8well i have read that it is perfectly normal to fluctuate 5 pounds up or down. there are so many variables at play with that scale. i broke my toe tubing and have never done it again. i had jumped off the tube to go around some brush and the current grabbed my leg and wacked it right into something hard under the water. i got back in the tube and my toe was sideways. that was enough for me!! and don't you worry. sometimes we all need a little tough love. you can be preachy but it is out of love for the team and it's members. so preach on sister!! tell it like you see it.

@Barbb1557 happy monday, now tuesday, to you too. look at you getting out and being active. and you know, one of the side effects of losing weight and getting healthy is you need less medicine. i am proud of you for making a commitment to take the best care of yourself. good job!!

@nstephenson01 i agree. we are doing this for the last time. we are finally going to be at peace around food. one day, one step at a time. we will change our belief systems to match our weight loss! now lets get busy my friend. august is our month!!

@lennoncpa welcome. we are going to do this in august.

@amsandos what is hula hoop puft? and i am going to hold you to it. you will only eat to a +2 at that bbq.

@gottagetthisdown maintains are good. you keep that up. how are you going to up your game this week to get the scale to move?
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Challenge Today Matters

omgl8uz38b0s.jpg

A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Without looking at our goals on a daily basis, we tend to lose sight of them and get caught up in reacting to people and circumstances, forgetting about our one year goal. If you hit your daily goal every day, your weekly goal is automatically hit. If your weekly goal every week is reached, the monthly goal has to happen If you hit your monthly goal every month, your yearly goal will be achieved.

Ultimately, success is dependent upon just one of the circles: the circle labeled "today". When you realize the irrefutable mathematical truth contained in this system, you have just proved on paper that your day and your life are the same thing. There is no future other than the future you are working on today. Your future is not stranded out there somewhere in space.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?

uowm98yw87cp.png

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Pam. I am one of the captains along with @cyndiesstuff. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. During the summer I am mostly at the Jersey Shore. I have been married 28 years and have 5 children 27-19. I am a nurse but sorta retired at the moment. I also am in PT for gluteus minimus and medius tears.

My story in a nutshell...I was never overweight, although I always thought I was fat growing up. I gained A TON of weight with my pregnancies and ended up at 221 lbs. Unfortunately that ended up being my heaviest even when I wasn't pregnant . At the end June of 2012 I decided I either had to get serious and lose weight or accept that I am obese and live my life. I got a fitbit and joined MFP on July 1, 2012. Since then, I have gained and lost 30 or more pounds a few times. I have never gotten back to that starting weight but have gotten close. Although I haven't been as successful with my weight loss as I would like, I have learned a lot. I eat so much healthier than I used to. I also am in good physical shape, I love to hike, walk, kayak and bike. Actually anything outdoors I usually enjoy. I do have a home gym in PA which has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weights and a few other things.This winter I discovered the Leslie Sansone tapes which I also enjoy. I want to enjoy exercising and not have it be a chore. I am always looking for fun, new workouts.
    As far as eating, that is where I struggle. I do eat healthy for the most part but I am now figuring out that I am eating too much. I am working on not eating unless I am hungry and to stop eating when I am satisfied. I listen to the Phit and Phat podcasts daily. The things they talk about really have hit home with me. Especially making small, doable changes. I have done so many restrictive diets and crazy exercise regimes and lost weight only to gain it all back when I just couldn't keep it up anymore. This time I am not making any changes that I am not willing to continue my whole life. It is really a lifestyle change. I totally get that now. The weight is coming off slower than I would like but it is coming off and that is what is important.
    This team is more than just weighing in weekly. Checking in daily really helps keep me focused. I also learn a lot from everyone and also get support when I really need it. I was in a terrible slump most of 2018 and this team pulled me out and put me on a good path. The information that changed my thinking was from reading everyone else's successes and struggles. If I wasn't on this team, I wouldn't be where I am now. July wasn't the best for me and my weight creeped up a bit. I am ready for an awesome August!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been able to comment. I am having a fun week! I am doing great with my steps, exercise and water. I was doing great with eating until yesterday, I over indulged a bit but today there is no reason to be back on track. I was hoping to find time to get on more but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I loved reading everyone's intros! We have an awesome team!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday....Was...PERFECT!!!

I ate to my plan! I drank a ton of water! I did C25K at lunch and felt so energetic afterwards!

Today's plan is written, food all logged and working on my first glass of water. Four circles are done too! Oh and some yoga tonight plus 10,000 steps today.

@lennoncpa – I don’t believe you will be turning 64! You look like you’re in your 40’s girl!! Clogging is huge in my part of Ontario. We always had the championships every year. I never clogged but it does look fun!

@amsandos – ok first off what is a “hula hoop puft”? Cereal?? 😊 OK for the family BBQ – make sure you have a plan and eat to your plan. Since it’s an event I see no reason why you shouldn’t plan for treats too.

@moarrein – great job making it to Zumba. I always find after exercise how much energy you have! So cool!!

@cyndiesstuff – wow great job at work. I can understand why clients are starting to love you! You are SOOO kind!! Sorry Mackie hides, Lucy has no one else to play with but us since she is an only girl. She looks forward to our running around time. I’m sure she fells antsy since she has so much energy 😊 Question on the four circles…should we do this every day? I’m thinking yes since it keeps our goals in front of us all the time.

@sleepymom5 – glad you are having a fun week! Just remember…this week is your chance to practice writing your plan and eating 2 to 2! Just remember to write a realistic plan since this is not a normal week for you. The goal is to not eat mindlessly. 😊

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m back - May I please set my starting weight at 140.4? Just weighed myself today for the first time since July 26. I am looking forward to spending time this August with all of you!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    PART 2 OF MODS FOOD PREPPING DISCUSSION

I FOUND THIS WEB SITE/BLOG FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT NEED A FRESH LOOK AT PREPPING MEALS
    I KNOW THAT THE SITE IS FAMILIAR TO SOME OF US HOWEVER THERE MAYBE SOME OF US THAT A NEED A JUMP START, OR A FRESH LOOK AND SOME NEW IDEAS
    SO HERE YA GO AND ENJOY GREG

https://fitfoodiefinds.com/meal-prep/
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    good morning! i’m going to take a page out of @cyndiesstuff’s book and make a Plan For The Day to help me stay on track!

My plan for the day;

*do my 28 Day Ab + Glute Challenge before work, drink 1 of my water bottles before i’m out the door (2 cups)
    *walk to work RETURN OVERDUE LIBRARY BOOK ON THE WAY! (i’ve got it sitting on top of my shoes so i don’t forget it again!)
    *get at least 10k steps
    *drink 3 of my brown water bottles throughout the day (total 6 cups)
    *eat my lunch from home BEFORE my meeting at the restaurant so I’m not tempted to snack
    *walk to travel agent after work to put payment on my trip (more on that later! i booked a solo beach trip for the FIRST TIME EVER!)
    *prep dinner with leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch
    *finish one more bottle of water (2 cups)
    *face mask before bed

i think i’ve got a healthy mix of exercise / diet / mental care in there, and already know that my biggest challenge will be drinking the water! it’s so hard during the day, i don’t know why!

@cyndiesstuff i forget the name of that particular horse, there were so many out that day! he had just finished working (he’s an Outrider horse in the chuck wagon races i was at) and was appreciating my long nails which were able to scratch him in all the right places! Didn’t do much for my manicure though lol 🤷🏼‍♀️...

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I love the four circle diagram. It will be prominently placed on my refrigerator.
    I stepped on the scale today and have lost five pounds since last week. This is scary to me because I am afraid that it is based on my days where I am not very hungry and getting 4000 steps a day instead of a thousand or less. Which means when this temporary honeymoon of eating less is over the pounds will start piling on.
    I am not a planner, but see that many of you are very successful writing a food diary for the whole day in the morning or the day before. I need to hit 1000 to 1300 calories every day, keep my carbs low, and increase my exercise, water, and protein.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    8wf5574aiibu.jpg
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @sleepymom5 hiiiii!! Glad your enjoying your time!! Today's the day! Get working it

@carlsoda i love days that are right on track! And I review my four circles every week.

@Julie8468 i added your starting weight. Now let's get making that plan! What are you going to do today?

@twyla77 I write out my 24 hour plan and take it with me wherever I go. And then check things off as I complete them. That way my plan is front and center. Lol your nails will be okay. The horse was enjoying your love!

@amsandos girl you really don't want that! Do you mind playing tricks on you. Tell it to shut up and move on you've got a goal and you're going to stick to it. Show it who's boss you can do it.

@Barbb1557 im glad you found the four circles helpful. I did too. I think it's an amazing way to look at a big goal and break it down into small pieces. Small manageable pieces. Then if you do everything every day you said you have to meet your goal! Well. You have to start being a planner. Take control of your life. And plan it out. Nothing gives you more momentum, and making a list and checking things off as you do them and then looking at it at the end of the day and feeling accomplished. But only put things on your list that you are 90% sure that you will do. Then keep your list and look at them at the end of the week see how you did.

• amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @lenka1 So exciting! Congratulations!

@Mrsbell8well Happy Anniversary! I hope it’s the best one yet! I love your 3 high priorities! Sleep is the biggest one I need to work on!

@carlsoda That’s so awesome you’re trying to train your cat to ring a bell for a treat! I would love to see that! How cute! If my cats ever learned that trick, I would probably be hearing that bell ring ALL day long! Haha

Check in for Sunday and Monday
    Food: tracked and on plan
    Water: still being lazy with water, trying to get better
    Exercise: Sunday was a rest day for me, Monday, I got a 55-minute workout and 10k+ steps

I’ve never been into rest days, I always just want to go, go, go. But I’ve been dealing with anemia this year and have found that adding a rest day on Sunday helps with my fatigue. I might not want to do it, but I do it because I need it. Monday’s workout was tough- I wasn’t feeling the best, but I pushed through and was really glad that I did. I’m always in such a better mood after I exercise!

I love the 4 circles idea! I’ll be working on that later today!

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda I am actually going to be attending the first annual Canada clogging convention in October in Waterloo, Ontario. I’m not sure if that’s near you or not but they have already completely booked up 4 hotels so I think this is going to be a very big deal!!! Thanks for the compliment too!! I don’t feel or act my age so I guess it’s good if I don’t look my age either !!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: Pre-logged, under on calories but eating to +2 went down in flames
    Water: Great!
    Exercise & steps: 30 minute dog walk, 90 minute yoga class; 11,046 steps

Day 2 in my string of meeting most of my mini goals. Overall a very productive day and I'm feeling kinda energetic. I tried a new recipe for dinner.... Vegetarian Paprikash. It was delicious and I had a second helping because I enjoyed it so much without having "the talk" with myself. Under on calories for the day but wasn't successful in eating just until satisfied. I recently dusted off my old day planner so I can write my daily goals down. Its so satisfying to check them off! At the end of the day I make a couple brief notes about how I feel about the day. Last night after my deep dive into the Paprikash, I wrote "Stop eating Nance!!!"... short and to the point LOL

Thanks for sharing your plan for the day @cyndiesstuff & @twyla77 I may try doing that as well!

@Moarrein I've never tried Zumba but it sure seems like those that do love it!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    o7hdh8mi61ny.jpg
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily check in

food a little over but still in the weight loss zone
    water on target
    exercise 2 x20 mins in zone 3

It is the second training session on my new schedule. I have to say it was really easy for that I am really grateful I need to ease myself back into it. I went for a run with my friend and we talked about Fried Chicken!

I stayed out of the kitchen! Everyday I need to build on my success. I ate extra to what I had planned. The first time I ate some nuts because I felt strange and sad which but I counted the calories. I also had an extra sandwich but I as genuinely hungry and I counted the calories so I feel like I am ok.

@Moarrein thank you I am really excited. I am really looking forward to exploring. I haven't taken my daughter abroad before.
This discussion has been closed.