SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Monday: No Alcohol (succeeded)
    Tuesday: No Alcohol (succeeded)
    Wednesday: No Candy or Alcohol (Partly succeeded as but I had no candy)
    Thursday: No Candy or Alcohol
    Friday: No putting myself down if the scale doesn't give me a good loss.
    Saturday: No TV time until my 1/2 marathon training is completed (3 miles)
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Guitargirl55
    Steps
    8/4 9592
    8/6 5921
    8/7 6812

@lindamtuck2018 I am proud of you for sharing. <3 I don’t pretend to know what you are going through, but I can definitely emphasize with you because binges are an issue for me too. I will do so well, and then have a night where I am lonely or down and just eat everything I have in the house. I can’t have candy or chips can be in the house at all anymore because I will eat ALL of it in one sitting lol. My point is that you are not alone. Even though we don’t know your struggle, we know this stuff is HARD, so we have to support each other. Let us know how we can help!

@summerlin80 We will miss you. Good luck! Hope you get it figured out.

Today say NO to depriving myself of sleep to get things done, or simply because I don’t want to put down my phone and go to sleep. I am going to make sure I get the sleep I need to wake up refreshed tomorrow and tackle my day!
  • boehle
    Options
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Today, I am saying no to weaseling my way out of helping my Dad today. I want to stay home and hibernate but off I go to the folks house!
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My Thursday say NO.....Company lunch. We have visitors from our corporate office and the state in today and the company buys lunch for them and the support teams (training is a support team) and today it is PotBelly subs, chips, and giant cookies. Oh the temptations
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am happy to say I didn’t binge last night. I dug out all my therapy materials and I am going back to the basics. Thank you all for your support. Today my say no is no binging.

My goals are coming along for the week. I have to swim 1 more time to reach my swim goal. Molly, my dog has refused to walk the last 2 days but I still managed to keep my steps above 7500.

Wednesday’s steps: 9,758

Friday’s say no: No being lazy - go for an extra walk if Molly won’t walk

@ssummerlin80 good luck! We are here when you are ready to come back.

@LovebyDraug69 look at a picture of you from before next to a current picture. That is how I noticed my own weight loss.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    No doing so great on my targets. Not managed any strength training this week. thrown a curveball last night and took a 9 hour round trip taking my son to Uni so exercise plan and meal plan for Thursday / Friday out. How are you dong @171lake ?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    *doing
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Monday: No Late night snacking (LNS), no sugary snacks*********DONE
    Tuesday: No Alcohol, no sugary snacks, no LNS *****************DONE
    Wednesday: No Alcohol, no sugary snacks, no LNS****************DONE
    Thursday: No Alcohol, no sugary snacks, no LNS*******************FAIL
    ****Tucker decided at 1 am to chase a possum. I decided to snack - sugary. No alcohol.

Friday: No feeling bad for enjoying myself... Friend I haven't seen in 15 years coming in town
    Saturday: No excuses! Be an adult and do the things you need to do!
  • ChoseMyChains
    Options
    I am happy to say I didn’t binge last night. I dug out all my therapy materials and I am going back to the basics. Thank you all for your support. Today my say no is no binging.

My goals are coming along for the week. I have to swim 1 more time to reach my swim goal. Molly, my dog has refused to walk the last 2 days but I still managed to keep my steps above 7500.

Wednesday’s steps: 9,758

Friday’s say no: No being lazy - go for an extra walk if Molly won’t walk

@ssummerlin80 good luck! We are here when you are ready to come back.

@LovebyDraug69 look at a picture of you from before next to a current picture. That is how I noticed my own weight loss.

I am so happy to hear that you did not binge yesterday. That is a huge and wonderful thing. Sometimes basics is where we need to be.

Thank you. I suppose I should take a new picture.
  • ChoseMyChains
    Options
    No doing so great on my targets. Not managed any strength training this week. thrown a curveball last night and took a 9 hour round trip taking my son to Uni so exercise plan and meal plan for Thursday / Friday out. How are you dong @171lake ?

Good luck and remember it is only one day at a time. My boss told me when I started this journey to "remember to make good bad decisions." If you have to eat out, make the best decision possible even if it is just a smaller burger and fries when you don't want the salad. It is better to get the smaller one than to get the full size. Best of luck and I hope your son enjoys university.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW 214.6
    CW 211.4

I am very surprised at this loss because of the binges on Thursday, Friday and Tuesday. I think my activity level maybe saved me. I think when I take my granddaughters to the pool, I am constantly moving for the entire time. I am happy though cause I have finally hit over 50 pounds lost. I promise new progress photos are coming soon.
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Previous weight: 267.5
    Current weight: 268.4

I'm not going to be mad about this. I had a great month last month so I'm not surprised.
  • boehle
    Options
    Boehle
    Friday
    PW: 175
    CW: 174.6
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK??

Last Sunday, when I food prepped, I made blueberry pineapple oatmeal for the week.

I am loving the pineapple flavor, but blueberry- not so much. I was thinking about attempting a Pina Colada twist. What if I used coconut extract for the coconut flavor (since coconut is high cal) and pineapple chunks like before. Maybe top with a little toasted coconut?

Think this will work??
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW: 197.5
    CW: 195.0

Had a bit of tummy trouble so the loss is more than I would have expected. My pup is stable at the moment, so I’m going to take a quick trip to Houston to see my daughter this weekend. Eating is always a challenge on the road so will journal as best as I can!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/8
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK??

Last Sunday, when I food prepped, I made blueberry pineapple oatmeal for the week.

I am loving the pineapple flavor, but blueberry- not so much. I was thinking about attempting a Pina Colada twist. What if I used coconut extract for the coconut flavor (since coconut is high cal) and pineapple chunks like before. Maybe top with a little toasted coconut?

Think this will work??

I think it will. It sounds delicious. I love pina coladas.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK??

I am loving the pineapple flavor, but blueberry- not so much. I was thinking about attempting a Pina Colada twist.
    What if I used coconut extract for the coconut flavor (since coconut is high cal) and pineapple chunks like before. Maybe top with a little toasted coconut?

Think this will work??

Try anything once, twice if you like it!

This discussion has been closed.