WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Some impressive losses! @tigrib 3.4 pounds, @Perla4686 1.4 pounds, @AmyRobF 1 pound - WELL DONE! You're making up for those of us who are struggling this week.

Tallly ho, everyone --- have a wild and fun day!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 183.2
  • jugar
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    My awesome brother took me to the Kansas City Chiefs training camp yesterday to watch them practice. We are both huge Chiefs fans. Had so much fun and got in lots of steps too!!
    As for the weekly challenge, I know it’s alittle late but for today I said NO to ice cream. Ice cream and I have a love affair that needs to end!! Anybody else saying NO to anything in particular??

I went through AGES of struggling with ice cream. I really cannot handle the fat, and it would make me feel truly horrible, even though I could not stop eating it if it was around! Now I make home made sorbet in a really simple and inexpensive machine I bought. This satisfies my ice cream craving very well, and it is nothing but yummy fruit and as small amount of sugar as I can get away with so that it is not like a solid rock. It is also less addictive - I can stop after one helping! So I feel your pain. Good job on saying no to it!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today (technically last night on behalf of today) I said NO to alcohol.

I'm going out for pizza with a friend and she offered to supply bottles of hard cider, but the pizza is more than enough calories.

I got some push back, I hope she isn't upset. :/
    It is always weird the push back when we turn down alcohol! I swear it is the only unhealthy and addictive substance that is so encouraged. I said NO to alcohol yesterday as well - and I actually found myself going back into the challenge thread to see if I had said no only to beer so that I could have something else. Sheeeesh. Luckily, I had said I would not have any kind of alcohol, so I didn't. And everything was fine! I don't drink tons, but I tend to have a beer (or 2) just about every day, and I want to get that gone again. I stopped alcohol completely for a few months and it felt good, but got back into a beer habit again. I did manage to kick wine to the curb (it really gives me a headache) and only indulge in a good whiskey in the middle of winter when it's -20 and colder, BUT, I want to bring it down to 1-2 times a week. But you're right, @Terytha - too many calories!!! Food is good. I'm hovering right around my goal weight area and keep getting stuck. Control, control!

I dislike beer, which I'm aware makes me a terrible Canadian. I love vodka and have a near endless tolerance for it, so it's harder to limit. Therefore I rarely drink, too expensive.

I'm saving up my calories now for November. My boss always springs for an open bar for the Xmas party (and last year the whiskey was out by 2pm) and suddenly I'm 8 screwdrivers deep and teaching line dance.

It always amazes me that any people live here and don't know how.
  • Connie7355
    Options
    @Perla4686, @AmyRobF, @tigrib Congratulations on great weigh ins!!!
    @micki48 crossing my fingers for you!!

@jugar I need to try sorbet!! My problem is my husband who also loves ice cream or I wouldn’t even have it in the house. Need to find another alternative! I’m the same way with the fat bothering me too.
    No ice cream for me today!! I’m saying NOOOOO!!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Going to be a hot one here. 🌞
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    There are really good reasons to cut down on alcohol beyond the reasons we often think of - hangovers, self medication/dependency, weight gain.

My husband did not think he was drinking too much. But a few weeks ago he was told he needed to cut his red wine habit in half because it was raising his blood sugar to the prediabetic level as well as raising his cholesterol and triglycerides -- probably contributed to his heart attack.

I had to stop pretty much entirely because once you have blood clots alcohol can predispose you to a reoccurrence.

Know I am being preachy but - keep it reasonable while you are young and it will serve you at 60.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Today (technically last night on behalf of today) I said NO to alcohol.

I'm going out for pizza with a friend and she offered to supply bottles of hard cider, but the pizza is more than enough calories.

I got some push back, I hope she isn't upset. :/

Hey good for you.. a good friend will get over it.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

I'm saving up my calories now for November. My boss always springs for an open bar for the Xmas party (and last year the whiskey was out by 2pm) and suddenly I'm 8 screwdrivers deep and teaching line dance.

*raises hand* I don't know how! (I don't even own a pair of cowboy boots, although I look every Stampede for a cheap pair in the thrift stores... :) )

In my defence, though, I'm not FROM here so that counts for something, right...? ;)
  • Terytha
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

*raises hand* I don't know how! (I don't even own a pair of cowboy boots, although I look every Stampede for a cheap pair in the thrift stores... :) )

In my defence, though, I'm not FROM here so that counts for something, right...? ;)

It's fine lol. I've lived here my whole life and line dancing was part of school from 4th grade to 11th, so I take it for granted sometimes.

I was 3 bars into a Halloween pub crawl once and the whole drunken party was flawlessly choreographed as they moved from line dance to the electric slide and I was just like... wow. XD

I'm gonna try get everyone at my company to do the Cha Cha Slide at Xmas. :)
  • Connie7355
    Options
    @martinesther88 Wow! What a fantastic weigh in!! WTG!!
  • jugar
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

It's fine lol. I've lived here my whole life and line dancing was part of school from 4th grade to 11th, so I take it for granted sometimes.

I was 3 bars into a Halloween pub crawl once and the whole drunken party was flawlessly choreographed as they moved from line dance to the electric slide and I was just like... wow. XD

I'm gonna try get everyone at my company to do the Cha Cha Slide at Xmas. :)

If you don't post pictures (preferably video) of that, I'm disowning you.

And... can I get some lessons when I come out there?
  • Terytha
    Options
    @jugar Sorry, no video. I was in a pretty elaborate costume involving corsetry, multiple skirts and about 300 pockets and my phone was buried in the depths of it.

But I have taught a lot of people to line dance over the years, I can teach anyone. XD

I also jive pretty well, if I do say so myself.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar Sorry, no video. I was in a pretty elaborate costume involving corsetry, multiple skirts and about 300 pockets and my phone was buried in the depths of it.

But I have taught a lot of people to line dance over the years, I can teach anyone. XD

I was hoping for video of the upcoming Xmas party where everyone does the Cha Cha Slide :D
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Connie7355
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 183.2
    Username:martinesther88
    CW~152
    PW~148.8

Great losses ladies!!! Way to go.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP for SATURDAY weigh-ins!
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @SueSueDio

And remaining from earlier:
    @leni1us (today)
    @zlauerMom (Monday)

Thanks!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    TGIF!!!! The beginning of a school year is always insane, but thank God for weekends!

This 3 minute motivational video is one of my favorites. Thought I'd share. It's all about the grind! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/WxOFvpplvAM
  • Terytha
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

I was hoping for video of the upcoming Xmas party where everyone does the Cha Cha Slide :D

Ah, that makes more sense. I'll try my best! XD
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Thursday I was charging my Fitbit and forgot to put in back on until after 3pm. Oh well.

g27me3y8x9sk.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.