Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 184.2
    Cw 185
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    So not sure how accurate the scale is here because last night I weighed myself and it had me up 10 pounds, yikes!!! Not sure if next week I'll be home yet or not for my weigh in, haven't decided when I'm leaving to head home. We have been having a lot of fun. I do need a day to relax. It was raining here this morning but it's stopped now so I might try to get out for my walk when it dries up a little.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    check in for Thursday
    food ; logged, under
    water: probably not enough
    exercise: 2 walks
    steps: 20,139

yesterday I had a very busy, but fun day. Went for a long walk in the park at 8:30am, was gardening for 2 hours right after walk. Then I took my youngest and his friends to Laser Quest and played with them - that's a very fun activity, I'm sure I burned a lot of calories there. Then I went for another 50 minutes walk in the evening with my friend, even though I was very tired.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda I just pinned a recipe for Portuguese custard tarts. Now I will have to make them for sure. I love your attitude. I wanted to give you a hug for the weight gain. Been there done that. But...you sound like you are doing great!
    @cyndiesstuff I am so happy your first weeks have gone so well. It has been a long time coming. I really loved your model you posted as your example. It's insightful and so true. My weigh in Wednesday was 142.4. My goal weight is 142 so a bit over but...It's the first Tuesday in a while that I didn't skip dinner so I was pretty happy for Wednesdays weigh in. Our food plans are starting to find a rhythm. Our fridge and pantry look empty compared to old days. All I have in there is the bare minimum of what we need for that week. It's really a refreshing change. I am enjoying the produce challenge. Yesterday was sweet potatoes. I made a spicy chipotle red lentil sweet potato soup garnished with cilantro, homemade vegan sour cream, green onions, toasted corn tortilla strips and cilantro. Very tasty last night and today.
    We have been pretty tired this week from all the increased exercising. We tapered back. Tomorrow we are taking Skylynn hiking and Sunday doing a bike ride.
    I love to bake but have been holding back most of this year from what I usually do. But my team won a reward of homemade oatmeal cookies today. I brought them in still warm with Almond and regular milk. I confess I ate FOUR of them. But they were small. I make mine with raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Good thing I made them small. When I was younger my dad would buy me bags of huge moist chocolate covered raisins. These cookies bring back that chocolate raisin connection.
    Watermelon was also on the challenge. No recipe just big hunks of the juicy stuff. I don't usually cook on Fridays. I think I may be happy with just watermelon for dinner.
    This weekend is Yoodles (yellow squash noodles) with chickpea pasta, red sauce and vegan meatballs. Sunday swiss chard lasagna with a white béchamel sauce and a plum tart for dessert.
    I have to admit I am sooooo happy I am not "dieting." Staying in maintenance is challenging enough. I am hoping to start skipping daily weigh ins soon but not yet. I am aware of how quickly those pounds sneak back on.
    @cyndiestuff your dinner out with friend sounded so delicious. great job! Are you feeling on track to reach your goal of 4 pounds by September 1st?
    @sleepymom5 hope your hanging in there. You are missed but I know how much you have invested to this team in the last year. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    @hope002 WOW! Thanks for posting. I would love to run that path...and those stairs...oh my!
    @nstephenson01 great job Nancy! Good for you! I have been turned on to some really great bloggers from my Pinterest account. Let me know if you make that sauce. A few months ago I made that sauce and my daughter made pesto. We also had some Rao jarred red sauce. And we had a variety of chopped vegetables to add to the pastas. Broccoli, peas, red peppers etc. We had a bunch of zoodles and chickpea pasta and everyone helped themselves. All 3 sauces were so delicious. Pasta is my favorite food. Did you see the lemon brussel spout recipe I pinned yesterday? I will make that in 2 weeks with the brussel produce challenge
    @moarrein you are almost at goal aren't you? What a hard way to get there. Sorry your sick.
    @barb1557 leave those pretzels alone. They are NOT for you! I know it's hard. Change the channel and think about what you can have and make the most of it. You can do it!
    @Twyla77 I want some of that beer too! @nstephenson01, @cyndiestuff and anyone else interested I think we need to do a road trip!!! Beer and Alberta walking paths. Let's do it!
    @timibotkin thanks for sharing your story. How overwhelming. Your journey has been so challenging. But I love the smile in your profile picture!!! Very inspirational.
    @amsandos hope your feeling more rested today. Keep hanging in there!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @DananaNanas I would love to see a picture of that dress. Sounds lovely.
    @pacsnc6 nice loss!
    @timibotkin , @hope002 nice loss ladies!
    @lennoncpa sometimes we are grateful to just stay the same. It's early in the month.
    @ljdanny so happy to hear your having FUN. You certainly deserve it.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda funnily enough it was a Portuguese tart. The filo pastry is lovely much nicer than the shortcrust which can be heavy

Friday check in
    food off target
    water on target
    exercise 45 mins indoor bike 10k

I had such a weird day. I was teaching a chinese group and it didn't go to plan. As our museum is really small we don't have a lot of choice for food so the group called out for pizza. They offered me a slice and I said no thanks. I went to have my lunch and I got my fish out of the fridge and it had green fur on it. I ate my ryvita cream cheese and salad. Then I went back to the group and there was still pizza left. They told me to take it and give it to the staff. I was genuinely hungry so I had a slice and then I had another. I snacked on fruit in the afternoon. I took my daughter for a milkshake and she asked for fries so I got her some. Then I ate them. I went over but you know I had 3 good days. Calorie wise I did not eat so much that I would put on weight. I had a calorie deficit but it wasn't huge. Not really in the weight loss zone.

Tomorrow is my family event. so let's use the thought model to get me prepared

the facts - I am having a family BBQ my family love to eat. There will be lots of food there of all sorts, meats, salads cake.
    helpful thoughts I have been to family events before and managed what I ate. Tools I used tracking, drink lots of water. Ensuring that my other meals are balanced doing activity to offset the increased intake. My plan for tomorrow is to pretrack my food, go easy on the carbs, eat foods of fruit and veg, prioritise that have a fist sized portion of meat. Any healthy carbs on offer if not a small portion of processed. I will choose 1 healthy looking meat rather than having a bit of everything. I will have 2 plates. I for salad which I will eat first. I for meet and carbs. Remember I used this tactic successfully when I went to see The Who and it felt so good to be in control. I will take some tubs (bowls) so if there are any left overs I can enjoy the food at another time when I am actually hungry. I will take my time and enjoy every bite. I will offer to drive so that I don't drink.

I will follow up on what actually happens

Breakfast haddock spinach mushroom and egg
    mid morning snack fruit and yoghurt
    lunch family bbq as above
    tea family bbq as above or if home something light.

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Awesome job @amsandos !!!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Check in Barbb1557
    I never left the house last night so the temptation to indulge disappeared and I got on the scale today and saw a new number, yeah!

Cindiesstuff you are always on target, I liked the thought diagram, Thanks!!

My food calories are often too low. I need to find more high protein low carb things to eat. Oikos triple zero yogurt tastes really good and is much lower in carbs and sugar than other flavored yogurt. I am not ready for the leap to plain yogurt at this time.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    Week 1
    pw:199.6?
    cw: 199.8
  • McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    McKay85
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 312
    CW: 318

Your girl went on vacation this past week....it shows.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff & @sleepymom5: I just noticed that my starting weight in the spreadsheet is incorrect. See correct info here:

IHP2015
    Saturday
    Week 1
    PW: 223.8
    CW: 223.5
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday
    Food: on plan
    Water: 60 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk
    Steps: 11320

yesterday was a good day. i went out to dinner at the olive garden with jim and his daughter and i had Zucchini Primavera. it was Zucchini noodles tossed in a light basil cream sauce with broccoli, carrots, seasoned tomatoes, roasted red peppers and mushrooms. but per my plan, i started with a salad. no bread sticks. my dinner was soooo good. i am going to make it at home. there has to be a copy cat recipe. i will search for it. work is great. done with my second week. i am feeling more comfortable now. and it has really helped me to feel better about where i am going in my life. today is going to be crazy busy. like that is something new for my weekends. lol

up early 5 am get team business taken care of
    watch some news
    exercise
    eat apple, hard boiled egg, left over stir fry, cauliflower, broccoli, homemade ragu with zucchini noodles, outshine Popsicle
    laundry
    dog nails and brush
    house cleaning
    water gardens and flowers, weed
    stretching, yoga
    read my book

@carlsoda thats ok. sometimes we start rolling back down the old worn path. it takes a lot of hard work to build that new path. but the sooner you get back to it the better it will be. and my boss is weird because he has these behaviors and rules about the way things should be. for instance, the door on the lunch room has to be either shut or open. can't be half way. he may be a little obsessive compulsive. its no a big deal tho. its his business, run it like he wants. he's successful and i am busy. and the though model can really be valuable. i am glad you are going to take some time with it.

@ljdanny no worries, your on vacation and it's not your scale, you just keep working the vacation plan. activity and food in moderation. and above all have fun.

@lennoncpa maintains are good. what extra will you do next week to make the scale move in the downward direction?

@timibotkin nice first week loss!! have you talked to your doctor about your weight loss plan? have you made a weight loss plan? spend some time girl figuring out how to get healthy in small easy steps. and the weight loss will happen.

@pacsnc6 nice loss this week, how have you been? have you had any luck teaching your blind friend how to knit or crochet?

@hope002 yayayayay great job with the loss this week. wowow on your super busy day. it sounds like amazing fun tho. good job staying active. that is a huge part of weight loss!

@DananaNanas Hey Dana!! and i have no idea, what tv show? ohhh and i would love to see a picture of that dress. how much do you think you have to lose to get into it? you can do it. come on, lets do it together, it will be fun! hang the dress up where you will see it in the morning and say to yourself, i am going to wear you on sept 7. i am a success at my weight loss plan. and then make a plan!!!! and your right drinking everyday is a problem. maybe you give up drinking for now. sometimes abstinence is the only way to break a bad habit. maybe start with making a 24 hour plan every morning. what will i do today? only put on there things that you are 90% sure you will do and then start building momentum by checking things off the list. weight loss is just not about calories in and calories out. you need to change the way you think as well.

@Mrsbell8well so do you have a maintenance range yet? is 142 the top of your range? you have to give wiggle room for normal fluctuations. isn't it great when food planning becomes easy? i really enjoy knowing just what i need for the week. and i love sweet potatoes. yummmmm. and smile! it looks beautiful on you!

@amsandos did you use the thought model to help you analyze the thoughts that creating the feelings that created the action. the fact or circumstance was your fish had put on a fur coat. what did you think about that? i know it can be tough but thought work is some of the most important exercise in weight loss. work thru it here with us if you want. but start putting in the work. and you are right. you had 3 good days, that is something to be proud of. but there is still work to be done. now lets get busy. but you stopped at the helpful thought portion of the model. what feelings does the thought i can manage what i eat by following my plan envoke? strength, commitment, resolve? the great thing about the model is that you can work it backwards. like this:

The action you want to happen at the bbq: following my plan,

The feelings you would need to follow that plan: strong, proud, committed

The thoughts you will need to feel that way: i can do this, i have done it before, i can enjoy myself with out overdoing it.

The fact: i am going to a bbq

Change the way you think. practice what you say to yourself. tell the old you to go sit down, you can handle this.

@Barbb1557 i am sooo proud of you barb! spend some real time feeling how it felt to stay in control. take a mental picture of the feeling. it is so important to recognize every victory!! have you tried smoked fish? hard boiled eggs? how about jerky? i make deli rolls, you take some deli meat, some soft cream cheese, a regular slice of cheese and a green onion and roll it all up together. if you don't like green onions, you can use peppers, radishes, any veggie really. don't like cream cheese? make them with out it. i roll them up and then wrap them in tinfoil like a tootsie roll. seeds and nuts are also really good, but be careful on portion size. i weigh my out and put them in serving size containers.

@sleepymom5 ohhhh no, ok pam. time to stop the scale from going up. you are not satisfied at this number. it's ok. your learning a new way to live your life. this is hard but you are tougher. how are you feeling? how is your hip? miss you checking in. hope you are having a blast.

@McKay85 ohhhh nooo. ok your back, now what is your plan? lets get started back on the right path right now. vacation is over. what will you do today? make your plan and stick to it!! come on girl, lets do this together.

@ihp2015 first of all....... yesssss the first week back and you have a loss. now... have you made your weekend plan? get busy! we can do this!! i am so glad your back, i have truly missed you!! and i will fix the spread sheet

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.