MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 thank you! It’s a struggle cause my meds have steroids. That’s why I’m always looking for suggestions for a more veggie based, decreased animal diet. It’s better for my condition.
  • nlalamin04
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I love seeing everyone’s progress ❤️❤️
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,385 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: got my platform step and used it tonight. Only 15 min. but it’s a start.
    Water: good
    No junk Food Challenge: o:)
    Tomorrow: more of the same
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/12
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Right at daily goal (under ic you include exercise calories)
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: yoga. Tonight’s class was more strength training than stretches. I really enjoyed but had forgotten how sore it can make you!

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: To be mindful of the food I am eating and reduce my carb intake . Right now macro is set for 30% and I’ve noticed I feel the best between 30% & 40%.

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in:

Calories: just over
    Exercise: power walk and strength training
    Water: great

Goals for today:
    1. Work out in the morning. I have two workouts picked out from my Peloton app✅
    2. Stick to the meal plan✅❌
    3. Drink 100oz of water✅
    4. Check in with all of tomorrow night✅

I had pizza for supper which wasn’t necessarily on plan but I had so many calories left that I did okay overall. Will have to increase my water tomorrow.

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Work out in the morning
    2. Stick to the meal plan
    3. Drink 100oz plus tomorrow
    4. Check in with all of you tomorrow night

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 12, Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Walked 30 min.
    Had a great walk tonight. Now that I am getting back to the grove of working it is raptors get more time to exercise. Have all my food prepared for the week. Have a great night everyone
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Monday Check in:

Goals for today:
    3. Drink 100oz of water✅

I had pizza for supper which wasn’t necessarily on plan but I had so many calories left that I did okay overall. Will have to increase my water tomorrow.

Goals for tomorrow:

Love seeing your Peloton app in your achievements. I'm just a teency-weency bit jealous! :wink:
  • UTMom81
    Options
    My goals for today:
    1. Get off the computer and get a walk in before work because it's crazy hot here the rest of the day.
    2. Drink 80 oz water.
    3. Use the step platform again tonight.
    4. Celebrating our anniversary with dinner out tonight, so choose carefully and only eat a few (can I hold it to 5 or less?) small bites of their famous dessert.
    5. Track all food.
    6. Continue with No Junk Food Challenge (until that dessert).
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I HAVE POSTED DAY 3 OF THE
    "DID YOU KNOW" SERIES
    9 Ways to Lose Weight That Have Nothing to Do With Diet or Exercise
    PLEASE POP OVER AND TAKE A PEAK

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759016/week-2-mods-challenge-did-you-know#latest
  • Kres567
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Monday Check in:

Goals for today:
    3. Drink 100oz of water✅

Goals for tomorrow:

Love seeing your Peloton app in your achievements. I'm just a teency-weency bit jealous! :wink:

My monthly membership is only $20 a month for unlimited on demand classes. You don’t need the Peloton treadmill to complete the workouts. I don’t know about the spin classes - haven’t tried one of them. I was able to do a 14 day free trial. You should try that and see if you like it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @nlalamin04 - FYI - I eat entirely plant-based and am happy to be a resource of some kind.

@UTMom81 - Another stepper! I'll be interested to see if you enjoy your platform. I got in my stepping yesterday.
    As far as the No junk Food Challenge -- congratulations on a great day! Impressive!
    I love your plan for today! And, yes, good plans do need to include things like dessert on anniversary night.

@digger61 - Love that walk! And your meal planning for the week is such a smart move!

@mrmcgrath - What a great day! And, yes, never underestimate the power of yoga to kick your behind. It sounds so relaxing, but wow, it can really be a workout!

@Kres567 - What an excellent day! And you are super smart to up the water today to deal with the extra sodium in pizza.

@TeresaW1020 - An offer of over your asking price already! Wow! And congratulations!
    Whatever tomorrow's number looks like, remember that you have been paying attention and that the number is so much better than if you had not paid attention and eaten whatever while dealing with the stress and bustle of selling the house. It's all a journey, and you are doing so great!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    ☕ Good morning!

Daily Check In
    Monday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: Classical Stretch session (24 min); platform stepping (50 min)

Tuesday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories: slightly under
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I would love some meal prep ideas. This is all new to me trying to minimize my animal product intake but I know it will be good for my blood pressure; as well as my overall health.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Excerice: nothing

Busy day with taking hubby to a doctor appointment to remove skin cancer from his arm. He will be just fine! And then a three-hour staff meeting to deal with some major changes. I will resume packing tomorrow. :)

My monthly membership is only $20 a month for unlimited on demand classes. You don’t need the Peloton treadmill to complete the workouts. I don’t know about the spin classes - haven’t tried one of them. I was able to do a 14 day free trial. You should try that and see if you like it.

That is interesting! I didn't know you could do the Peloton membership without owning their equipment. So you use your own treadmill?

• Kres567
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Excerice: nothing

Busy day with taking hubby to a doctor appointment to remove skin cancer from his arm. He will be just fine! And then a three-hour staff meeting to deal with some major changes. I will resume packing tomorrow. :)

That is interesting! I didn't know you could do the Peloton membership without owning their equipment. So you use your own treadmill?

Yes I do. I use my iPad to play the on demand programs. It’s amazing - coach led classes using their music. So much variety and options. It includes boot camps, strength training, yoga, meditation, stretching, walking, running programs. I’m sure I’ve missed some in the list.

It has been great to fit in with my schedule. I highly recommend it.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    We have accepted an offer on the house!!! :D We actually had four offers presented to us yesterday and got over our asking price. So, I am super happy and very relieved. We just need to keep the house decent for the inspection and the appraisal. Then I can pack it all up!! B)

Weight is down this morning so today's plan is to watch my carbs and hope for the best for tomorrow's weigh-in. :)

Congratulations! I know that has to be a load off of your shoulders! Good for you!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Pre-work walk, 8000 steps
    Water: not quite enough, but not bad
    No Junk Food Challenge: did great until anniversary dinner (32 years deserves a little celebration). Did split the dessert with hubby though, so it could have been twice as bad. ;-)
    Tomorrow: Back on Track in all respects!
  • nlalamin04
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Water: under
    Exercise: very little
    Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: Do a low impact HiiT workout in the morning. Get to my 100 oz of water. I’m glad it’s only Wednesday- I have 5 days to get myself in order and make an impact before Monday 💪🏾
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: August 13
    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Walked 30 min.
    Stayed under carbs today. Sure helps meal planning.
This discussion has been closed.