Tuesday 8/13
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.2
    Todays Weight:

Calories: over/under? Under by a few
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: Yesterday was a busy day with work meetings and just wasn’t feeling all that well.

Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Goal is to go to gym at lunch and get a quick cardio done. Then this evening, after work, I am hoping to get in the pool for some water aerobics.

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check in:

Calories: over. Was good until a snack after supper.
    Exercise: another power walk and core workout
    Water: awesome.

Goals for Tuesday :
    1. Work out in the morning✅
    2. Stick to the meal plan❌
    3. Drink 100oz plus tomorrow✅
    4. Check in with all of you tomorrow night❌

Goals for Wednesday:
    1. Workout in the morning✅. I got up and did a stretch today. My back is sore. I’ve booked a chiro and massage appt for Thursday. Hoping to be able to do some running workouts after my adjustment
    2. Stick to the meal plan.
    3. If I am feeling snarky after supper have a cup of tea
    4. Drink 100oz plus of water
    5. Check in tonight
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    ☕ Good morning!

Daily Check In
    Tuesday
    Calories: slightly under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: over
    Exercise: platform stepping (77 min)

Wednesday Goals/Improvements:
    Calories: slightly under
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping; hoping to add resistance training
  • Kres567
    Options
    fleetwood1 wrote: »
    Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 255.6
    Today's Weight: 254.4

Goal this week is to complete 5 daily walks totaling 30 minutes. Also, include two - 20 minute workouts that combine free weights and yoga at home. As for eating, incorporate more fruit and veggies (3-5 servings daily) into my diet. This is easier with the garden producing yummy tomatoes.

Nice loss and awesome goals!
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Notsolazylisa
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW: 173.8
    CW: 173.2

Feel like I'm not doing so great, I've been eating lots of junk and not tracking calories for a few days. I also haven't been exercising much at all. I know I want to get healthier and more fit, but I don't care enough about myself to actually try.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Notsolazylisa
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Feel like I'm not doing so great, I've been eating lots of junk and not tracking calories for a few days. I also haven't been exercising much at all. I know I want to get healthier and more fit, but I don't care enough about myself to actually try.

You are worth it. There will be ups and downs and I know you can pull through this. We are here to support each other.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 204.8
    Todays Weight: 204.4

Not bad considering we ate out several times this week. :) My goals for the week are to continue to stay on my low-carb plan and make sure to drink lots of water. I will be spending a great deal of time packing, which I will probably consider my exercise. ;)

@notsolazylisa, you do care enough to try. You prove that by being in this group! Now, you need to figure out a plan that you can get excited about and commit yourself to. Getting healthy and fit is something you deserve and we are here to help you along the way. :)

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Start Weight: 195.0 (7/29)
    Week 1 Weight: 200.6 (8/5)
    Week 2 Weight: 197 (8/12)

We are moving into our new home this week! my normal steps per day have more than doubled! My feet and legs are so swollen. It's been a rough week to be very focused on my food intake, but my movement is up quite a bit. I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - 🤩 Wow! You have so much going on (hubby's skin cancer, staff meeting, packing for moving). Your peace and cheerfulness as you tackle it all is an inspiration. 🕊️🙂
    A big CONGRATULATIONS to being down this week in the midst of dealing with all of that!

@Kres567 - Wow! Peloton sounds very cool! 😎

@UTMom81 - It really sounds to me like you had an excellent day. 👍🏽 Big days like anniversaries are often a little different than the usual. I was impressed that you fit in a walk and split dessert. Have a great day today! 🙂

@nlalamin04 - What a great day! 👍🏽 I love those goals for today! 🙂

@digger61 - What an excellent day you had! 👍🏽 Are you on the road today? I hope things are settling in as you get back into the swing of work again!

@mrmcgrath - Good for you for resting when you weren't feeling well and needed to slow down. ⛲🧘

@fleetwood1 - Woohoo! 😊 Congratulations on the great weigh-in number!
    Your goals this week sound great -- SO healthy! Walks, yoga, weights, fruit & veggies -- so many steps toward your health goals! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

@leonadixon - 🎉 WOW! 🎉 Look at you off into "Onederland!" What a great weigh-in this week! It sounds like all that hard work focusing on your food has really paid off.
    Keep having a great week! Good luck with the big move this week! 🏠
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Notsolazylisa
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Hi there!
    Having a few off days is just that. Here you are checking in again. You took a step by checking in and saying you have had a rough couple of days!

Rather than having those few off days be evidence that you don't care, maybe just have those few days mean.. something else. Tracking calories takes effort. Exercise takes work. Eating differently takes work, and eating junk can be some comforting and comfy.

I have spent a lot of time over the last couple of years working to build new habits, a little bit at a time.

There's a guy named James Clear who has written some great stuff about motivation and about habits that I have found really useful. It's not fun, rah-rah stuff -- it's useful. If that sounds like it might be helpful, take a look at what he has to say:
    One of the most surprising things about motivation is that it often comes after starting a new behavior, not before.
    -- James Clear, Motivation
    https://jamesclear.com/motivation

Anyway, we are here and we care!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @UTMom81 Happy Anniversary!

@leonadixon congrats on the move!

@Kres567 I might check out that pelaton app! I enjoy spin class, but sometimes its tough to get there for a scheduled class.

@TeresaW1020 wow, so much going on! I'm impressed with how you are holding it all together!

@notsolazylisa yeah, I know that feeling :( Instead of trying to do all or nothing, maybe just try to make one change, and then build on the small successes.

Haven't gotten back into the swing of logging food yet, but at least eating has been on point. Monday's exercise was a morning run and evening group. Tuesday was a bit of a struggle - my should was hurting a bit and there was a part of my that though (ok knew) I probably shouldn't lift. But that was on the schedule and I really wanted to. So I did an abbreviated gym workout with the rowing machine, squats, deadlifts, and abs. It felt good to do something.
    Today was first day back in the classroom - setting up, moving furniture, unpacking boxes. I'm hot and tired. It's a good thing I have a scheduled kickboxing class tonight because otherwise I'd be tempted to crash on the couch.

Plan for tomorrow.....morning ropes course, get into the classroom for a few hours, and evening group workout.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE SORRY FOR THE LATENESS OF THIS...... STILL TRYING TO USE TO WINDOWS 10
  • Kres567
    Options
    Notsolazylisa
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday

You lost more than 1/2 a pound which I think is great. It tells me you are doing a few things right and do care about yourself. Let us know how else we can help!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in day Friday
    previous weight: 214.8
    current weight: 211.8

Wednesday check-in-is this the 2nd or 3rd week...?
    Food: under on cals - still have some moments of not 'on-plan' food; I have a standing dinner date with my mom on Wednesdays and she usually makes salad but wanted to go out tonight
    Water: around 4 a day of water but I have other fluids, too (not forcing the water)
    Exercise: yesterday, today - pretty much none (roughly 5000 steps a day). Work is very busy (forget to eat and hold yer pee, busy), doing daycare for the grand kiddo and then an hour trip home, an hour and a half later than usual - too bushed. Truth - I just can't stand to see that I typed that - I am disappointed that I feel that way enough to give in to it.

Next Day Goals
    Food: continue eating well and under, continued less sodium!
    Exercise: no burning need or plan for when I do get home at 630-645, I really need to take my walk - even if it is a chore, because experience tells me that I won't be sorry I did it, even if I didn't want to in the first place
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: remember the good, be the good and encourage others on their journey
  • nlalamin04
    nlalamin04 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 min walk
    Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: HiiT workout and try a new healthy recipe ☺️
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    Notsolazylisa
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Wednesday

I think you're doing great, you must not have eaten as much as you think if you're down .6lb! Maybe you need to take one habit at a time? Like start logging everything you eat, once that is down you can cut back calories, and when ready you can start exercising. I will say exercise helped me feel better about myself, it increases endorphins plus I went from being unable to do much from chronic pain to being able to move more. Please be gentle with yourself, hugs!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    nlalamin04 wrote: »
    Daily Check-In

Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 min walk
    Goals or Improvementsfor tomorrow: HiiT workout and try a new healthy recipe ☺️

Post what you make and have fun! I need to take your lead and try something new!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise elliptical, recumbent bike, weights

I've been dragging on the elliptical since I came back from vacation a week ago, not sure why as i did an hour 3x a week before leaving and an hour every day on vacation. Doing fine on bike but a bit weaker weight lifting, though nothing major. I've been craving everything this last week, from food commercials to even the protein bars I bought for school. I've managed to stick with my meals and added breakfast back in to see if it helps. My weight is almost back to pre-trip weight, thank goodness!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    🥤 Good evening!

Daily Check In
    Wednesday
    Exercise: platform stepping (67 min); resistance training (made it to the gym today!) (30 min)

Thursday Goals/Improvements:
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: outdoor walk or platform stepping; stretch goal -- practice some martial arts forms

Off to soak my tired self! 🛀🏽
This discussion has been closed.