LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I should get some cheese I like too right? I have cream cheese and butter, but I should get some hard cheeses right? For clarification, no veggies along the way right? Just curious - I'm so intrigued by this.

IN FACT - I'll officially commit for M-Th next week EGG FAST! I'mma commit to 4 days since I'm not coming off vaca or anything LOL - Donna, you wanna join me!?!?!?

Lisa, how many eggs a day did you average? I'm telling you I could go through 10 a day if I'm not stopped lmao

Absolutely you should get some cheese.
    No veggies, but you can have low/no carb condiments like mustard, hot sauce, etc. I mean, I had about a tbs of salsa one day that was about 1g carb so I think that would count as a condiment even though there were little chunks in it lol.
    This time, I averaged about 8 eggs a day. One of those days I had 9.
    I would definitely recommend googling egg fast recipes too, just in case you do feel like you need variety.
    And once you're done with however many days you do it, make sure your first meal of the day is something eggs, and dinner can be whatever. Do that for the next day or 2. It should help to keep whatever weight you lost off.

Excited to see yall try it out! Hopefully you'll have a lot of success with it and won't find it too difficult to stick with :)

178.2 this morning. So down a little more.
    Finally changed my weight to my new weight today. Not 60lbs down any longer, but I'll get back there and then some :)
    Happy to be eating other stuff now though!
    Had kimchi and salami slices for a snack, then a big salad for dinner.
    Store has ribeye roasts on sale. Hoping they'll have some b/c damn I want a giant steak for dinner! They also have lobster tails AND shrimp on sale the next 2 days too. Oh... we're gonna be spending a lot on some good food dernit! lol

• LiLee2018
    Options
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Woohoo....11.6 loss! Amazing results! :+1: I hope you are taking photos of your weight loss journey. I made the mistake... when I was at my highest, I shy away from photos. Now, I have nothing much to compare with :( At the rate you are going, in no time you will see 160 land :) Keep up the good work! <3

I have a few progress photos. I'll be taking another once I'm at my lowest weight again :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much.....my plan is to start Wednesday and I am excited to see the results!!!!! You did awesome with yours, and looks like it is continuing which is just fab <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSS I'm really oddly excited about this LMAO

I don't think I'll NEED variety...like be craving it, but I like to tinker so I'm sure I will anyway! PLUS I like sweets (that's SO WEIRD to me! Just started happening the last few years) so I'm sure I'll be using Splenda to make some of the fun custards.

So this begs the question, what do you do for crunch? I'm a texture gal so that's my only concern LOL

I'm starting Monday and going through Thurs...will go back to normal OMAD Friday (I'mma ignore the eggs the next day thing since I'm OMADing) but I'll keep it reasonable both for the scale and for my tummy LOL
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Yeah @mistymeadows2005 i am such a crunch person too......I was hoping lettuce or celery was an option so I have no clue what to do for the texture thing that I will be missing......I am planning on egging it from Monday-Wednesday next week too.......Also not sure about eating 30 mins after I get up ---one reason OMAD and IF have been so successful for me, is I am not a morning eater at all......so if you truly have to eat within 30 mins, that prob won't happen :).....

<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah Lisa said she ignored that part, and I'm for sure gonna too - I'm just not in the habit of eating early but I think NOT will actually HELP the results - combining the egg fast with our natural IF schedule.

I'm still sad about no celery - if you can have salsa I vote you can have celery too :disappointed: maybe I'll try it *shrug* @LiLee2018 is it the carbs in the veggies that are the "issue"?
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yup.. it's basically a no carb "fast". There's also a beef and butter "fast" too that's just basically making you go carnivore for a few days. As low carb as possible.
    I mean, do it how you want to do it IMO lol. If you want a little bit of celery, it's low cal and carb so I don't see why there would be a problem. According to my carb tracker, one large stalk is only 1g carb

Also for crunch... there are cheese crisps you could get. Whisps is a popular one you can get at Walmart (think I've seen them in their deli/bakery/veggies section. I've never tried them before so I don't know if they're good or not, but I do know they come in a few different flavors. And my Kroger carries cheddar or parmesan cheese crisps in the salad dressing isle where the croutons are. Crunchy and cheesy.
    OR you could try making your own cheese crisps in the oven.
    Shredded cheese or even slices of cheese in the oven for a few mins.
    First link that comes up on google
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260607/basic-keto-cheese-crisps/

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all who are doing the egg fast🥚👍🍳🍀
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Crap! My plans might be messed up some. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but I totally forgot about my husband getting his eye procedure done this week.
    Wish I could remember what it's called. Some sort of laser thing. Not lasik. Supposed to have better results than lasik, but it takes longer for the eyes to heal. He's having it done the day after daughter goes back to school. Then he'll have a follow-up appointment Monday.
    From what we've been told, the first few days after are going to be torture for him bc it's going to feel like his eyes are on fire and have dirt in them. He's probably going to be doped up on pain meds so probably sleeping a lot.
    And this procedure is going to make his eyes extremely sensitive to light. Hubs bought some better sunglasses to prepare for it, but I'm sure he's going to be hiding out in our dark bedroom for at least a week and still needing to wear his sunglasses indoors for who knows how long.

Oh well... gotta do what I gotta do. Thankfully DH doesn't turn in to a giant baby when he's sick or in pain or anything though, but I know it's probably going to be difficult for a little while doing mostly everything on my own.

So.. OMAD might be put on hold for a little but b/c I'm more than likely going to need some extra caffeine in the morning. Definitely going to need it once daughter starts school and we all get adjusted to needing to wake up early again. Booooooo.......
    Is it bad that I actually want to consider homeschooling just so we can sleep in?? :P lol
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Oh dear that procedure sounds very painful ---hopefully the results will be good though!
    Yeah --you are going to need some caffeine totally :). Hope all goes well!

Thanks for the egg fast info. I am starting today :)......
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Oh dear that procedure sounds very painful ---hopefully the results will be good though!
    Yeah --you are going to need some caffeine totally :). Hope all goes well!

Thanks for the egg fast info. I am starting today :)......

WOO! Good luck with your egg fast! I hope you find it easy and get great results :)

I'm not looking forward to his healing process, but I know in the end it will be worth it. Going keto has actually helped both of our eyes, but his glass prescriptions are always so expensive b/c of how bad his eyes have gotten.
    My eyesight is a little blurry for far away things. Like I can still read what I'm writing here (sitting in the chair and my tv about 10ish feet away). It's blurry, but I can still make out what the letters are. Him though? Everything would be a big blob. I don't think he'd even be able to tell that there were letters.
    He asked me if I would want something like this done. Maybe one day... but I'm very... instinctively weirded out by any kind of thing involving my eyes. I squirm and get uncomfortable even needing to put eyedrops in my eyes. It makes my annual eye exams really difficult b/c I can't sit still while the doc tries to put the drops in my eyes. I can't help it. I just want to *kitten* my eyes tight. It's why I could never wear contacts. The thought of putting something on my eyeball and needing to take it off? Hell no lol

Anyway.. blahblah.

Weight this morning was 178.6. Staying the same which I'm fine with.
    I think the enzymes are helping. Still not the best poops, but I'm not pooping soon after eating some of my trigger foods which is a HUGE improvement. These things can't compete against coffee though. Coffee is too strong for it lol.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    OMG I wouldn't give up my caffeine for any reason outside of physical force LMAO - I still consider it OMAD lol

I'm starting today too! Gotta go get some more variety of CHEESE! All I have right now is extra sharp cheddar, havarti, and parm - unacceptable! Though they are some of my faves...I'll elaborate in my post LOL - I can't see adding 1-2 stalks with my evening egg salad being a problem - now if I was going cray cray with corn or peas or onions or carrots or something with some sucrose I could see that - but celery i can't bring myself to feel bad about LMAO
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Oh also I DO have parm crisps but Im going to see if there are more at the store when I go :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    OMG I wouldn't give up my caffeine for any reason outside of physical force LMAO - I still consider it OMAD lol

I'm starting today too! Gotta go get some more variety of CHEESE! All I have right now is extra sharp cheddar, havarti, and parm - unacceptable! Though they are some of my faves...I'll elaborate in my post LOL - I can't see adding 1-2 stalks with my evening egg salad being a problem - now if I was going cray cray with corn or peas or onions or carrots or something with some sucrose I could see that - but celery i can't bring myself to feel bad about LMAO

And you shouldn't feel bad about it either. lol It's just arbitrary rules anyway. 1 or 2 stalks isn't going to do anything except give you a nice crunch to your egg salad :)

Good luck to you too! Really hope it goes well for you!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I hope so too! Just got back from the store with my cheese and extra celery! I got some chives too bc they were half off and thought they might bring some change of flavor :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    /cry I don't wanna wake up for schooooooool.
    And to think.... once she reaches middle school, we're gonna have to get up even earlier b/c it starts earlier. Uuuuuuuuuuuugh.
    Lol

Diet has been good though. Last night was fathead dough pizza. Made pizza sauce w/ 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (way too much and lots leftover), and spices.
    Fathead dough was mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, 1 egg and about 1/2 c of almond flour oh and a sprinkle of baking powder and garlic powder.
    Topped it off with pepperoni, sweet peppers, more mozzarella and parmesan.

Yummy yummy

Just going with the flow now. Back in to the swing of keto and feeling good.
    Just dreading all the driving I'm gonna have to do w/ hubby's procedure coming up. /cry I hate driving. I hate driving the 8 mins too and from my daughter's school. People here are SO terrible at driving and the place he's getting his eyes done is a good 30+ min drive depending on traffic.... and it can be AWFUL traffic too. Always.. ALWAYS at least one story every single day about an accident (usually fatal) coming from that area. Uuuuugh I don't wanna /cry
    lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    That dough sounds so good! I'm down with the egg fast but I'm not sure I could do "real" keto as a lifestyle so props boo - I'm SO GLAD I'm not pressured to get up early anymore (at least until Ced and I get pregnant eventually)...sleep is one of life's true pleasures IMO :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    100% agree.
    It's such a treat being able to sleep in. Oh well... last school year flew by, I'm sure this one will too.
    Next year, 2 kids will be in school. I THINK I might be able to sign the youngest up for pre-k. I'll have to look in to it. I dunno what the hell I'm going to do when it is just me at home.... sit in the quiet. NOT have to get up to get everyone drinks and food. Not have to worry about making sure they wash their hands after using the bathroom lol.
    It's gonna be weird but nice :P lol

Anywho... I woke up last night nauseated. Ate too much fat for dinner and it did not sit well in my stomach. Came VERY close to throwing up, but took 2 tums and that helped. That sucked.. also sucked b/c I couldn't get back in to a good sleep after. Booooo
    Oh well. Hopefully I sleep better tonight.
    And hopefully we'll all adjust to waking up early for school again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LMAO I thought I'd be super bored at home all day too but NOPE lol - besides work I find things to fill my time NO PROBLEM lol

I'm sorry you too are having keto symptoms! Donna had some too...XF they stay away for me. I don't have a sensitive stomach at all (though my gag reflex is ridic LOL).
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Unexpected IF today... although I should've expected it if I had just thought about it lol
    DH's procedure went well. He's sleeping right now. From what the doctor said, it's tomorrow night and saturday that will be the worst (pain). Hopefully his pain meds take care of it.

Once we were home I had myself some leftover steak burritos in low carb tortilla shells, lettuce and hot sauce. Yummy yummy!
    Now having my cup of coffee and debating if I want to go to the store after I pick daughter up for a few things.

Sleep was horrible last night. Anxiety about today keeping me from getting good sleep. I don't care about taking care of DH.. it was just the driving I was dreading lol. THankfully traffic to and from wasn't too bad.
    I don't think I'd ever be able to get this procedure done. My squeamishness with my eyes would make me freak out. DH said there was some young guy getting it done too and he freaked out when they started so instead of just the 1 valium they're supposed to take before, he had to take 2 to calm down enough. Yeah.. that would be me.
    But as I said before, my eyesight really isn't horrible.
    DH's on the other hand. He said one eye is 20/90 and the other was 20/2200..... and googling that up means he was legally blind in that eye without his glasses. Geezus.
    Anyway... everything went fine according to them so hopefully his vision will be perfect after he heals up from this.