• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    happy Monday!

HEADS UP for Today's weigh-ins --
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

It is another gorgeous day here for working outside. My garden is slowly winding down (it's almost fall here...) so there is a lot to freeze and only a few hardy things will continue through into September. I'll keep my salad garden next to the house going as long as possible, but the big one has only a couple more weeks to go.

Speaking of continuing into September:
    • Anyone who wants to continue has to do NOTHING at all. Just keep on, and you'll be on next month's roster.
    • Want to change teams? This is a good time to do it - this can be fun if you're getting a little bored, need some new friends, or just want to try a new style. Let me know here and a transfer is easy as pie. With fewer calories.
    • Want to change weigh-in days? Just say so, and it shall be done.
    • Want to leave? Also, just let me know and we will bid you fond farewell and wish you all the best. But I hope you all stay!
    • Have any ideas for fun challenges, discussion topics, things you wish you knew more about? Please throw them into the ring! We always need new ideas.
    Some new members will be coming our way, as happens every month. When the new chat goes up towards the end of the week, we'll have a chance to (re)introduce ourselves and mix it up with some new folks.

Enjoy the rest of the day! Plan and track, and feel great <3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My husband and I sell antiques at a flea market twice a year and have one coming up beginning Wednesday and running through Sunday this week. It’s always a challenge to eat right during this time so wish me luck! I do usually get in a lot of steps so that should help! Hope you all have a great week!!

@Connie7355 That sounds like fun, hard work. What kind of antiques do you sell? Everything or some particular period or style?

I did some vegetable prep this week, which I’ve never done before, to help keep me on track and help make preparing healthy foods easier. May I suggest you prep some veggies to much on and maybe take hummus to go with it? That way you have crunch, bulk, and protein. All equal a healthy, filling snack. Hope you have fun and sell a lot. I’d love to see photos of a few of your favorite items.

In other news, during our walk today, which was FINALLY beautiful weather, I let my granddaughter walk part of it. Her excitement of being able to do part of the walk on her on two feet brought me shear joy! The wind blew and she giggled like crazy. She also stopped to pick up sticks, pine cones, leaves, tree bark. Her excitement reminded me to appreciate the little things.
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 --- vegetable prep! This is my current life. My vegetable garden is overflowing with so many things I need to put up, freeze, eat like mad, or sadly see go beyond the best time. I have spent a good part of every day washing, putting away, and freezing vegetables - not quite the prep you are trying out, but I know what you mean! Getting lots of veg ready in advance so that all the cravings for crunch can be satisfied whenever it hits is wonderful. Then your description of your little granddaughter walking and exploring are SO wonderful. Being with small children can really be a gift. Little things indeed <3
  • jugar
    Options
    Would anyone be up for a Sober September? I would like to cut out all alcohol for a bit, and there may be others here who would like to keep me company.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48 we sell anything and everything although not so much furniture anymore. Sadly antique furniture isn’t as popular around here as it once was. Neither is depression glass, china or really anything glass except for Pyrex. We sell a lot of primitives and we also sell on EBay. It’s fun and gives us something to do. Great suggestions with taking the veggies with us. I am planning on packing a salad for each day and some other veggies to munch on along with some other low cal items. I also made and froze some freezer meals to have in the evening so we don’t stop at McDonald’s in the way home.
    Your walk with your granddaughter sounded delightful!! They grow up so fast so enjoy every minute you can!! You are so lucky to get to spend so much time with her! I don’t see mine nearly often enough!! Have a great week!!
    @jugar sounds like you have been very busy with your garden!! You will really enjoy having all those goodies this winter!! It’s been cooler here and almost feels like Fall. My favorite time of year!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Would anyone be up for a Sober September? I would like to cut out all alcohol for a bit, and there may be others here who would like to keep me company.

I’m with you..
  • jugar
    Options

I’m with you..

Thank you! I have had so much company and stress this month that I have been looking forward to 5 pm a little too eagerly. It will help to have this kind of company to turn this around. <3
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    September thread is up and running... Feel free to introduce yourself. Keep weigh ins and posts on this thread until 09/01.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I'm stalking your thread...

I'll do a DRYER September with you. It is the month of birthdays, so I can't say I will be 100% sober. I have been dry M-TH for several weeks, with the exception of the grandbaby announcement day. I have considered expanding to Sunday- Thursday.
  • jugar
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I'm stalking your thread...

I'll do a DRYER September with you. It is the month of birthdays, so I can't say I will be 100% sober. I have been dry M-TH for several weeks, with the exception of the grandbaby announcement day. I have considered expanding to Sunday- Thursday.
    This would be great! I might do 6 day weeks, but will aim for the whole enchilada. My sister's birthday is the 8th but she is a non-drinker B)
  • jugar
    Options
    What a day!
    I brought my daughter and her chum (good old Québecois French has good terms for not-yet-permanent partners. chum for the guy, blonde for the girl. weird? yes. ) to the airport in Montreal to fly back home to Alberta (sad, but happy for her). THEN I went, after many weeks of research and waffling, to buy a new gas stove and ventilation hood. My old stove is SO finished you have to blow at the burners to get them to light, the gaskets are completely dried up and no longer available, the broiler does not function, etc. I can't wait to get the new one installed!

@Beka3695 - you can stalk here any time!
    @Connie7355 - have a great time on your selling trip. Some time you should post your eBay shop name so we can check it out :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... sorry I've been quiet. Haven't been feeling well or sleeping well, hit some tough financial times again and taking some mental damage from it all.

Feel a bit like a kite with a cut string, just fluttering aimlessly on the wind.

Long weekend coming up here with nothing planned so hope to recover a bit.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    We are still missing all of Monday's weigh-ins:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @Fourathomej
    @offitgoes

Hoping to see some numbers coming my way. You know how much I love numbers. And I'm sure Terytha would enjoy some step numbers too! Hope you're feeling better soon @Terytha - hugs to you.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day - Wed
    PW: 176.6
    CW: 177
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    fourathomej
    Weigh Day - Wed
    PW: 148