Options
    HEADS UP for Thursday!

@Cory 17
    @Blackbeautysue

Thanks!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sending you hugs! I think a lot of us have had a difficult month but what you are going through is definitely stressful! We went through something like that when we moved my parents into an apartment and had to get rid of over 50 years of stuff. Not fun at all let alone heartbreaking in some ways. I hope things slow down for you soon and you can get back to your normal routine!!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/23~22,061
    8/24~9,777
    8/25~6,855
    8/26~10,754
    8/27~12,543
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Small update: my doctor is sending me for blood tests and xrays. No idea what's wrong yet but at least he listened to me this time.

I'm sorry I'm kinda dropping the ball lately. I'm in quite a bit of pain and struggling to eat and sleep.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Small update: my doctor is sending me for blood tests and xrays. No idea what's wrong yet but at least he listened to me this time.

I'm sorry I'm kinda dropping the ball lately. I'm in quite a bit of pain and struggling to eat and sleep.

That is rough! You be sure to keep us posted, ok? Come on in here when you can't sleep and rant if you need to, and keep on breathing deep and calm. Wish I could come to administer hugs in person!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    So it’s a lovely day here. Finally in the low 20s. My husband is now walking one and a half miles in 30 minutes. I can barely keep up with him LOL..

Next week he is starting weight training in cardiac rehab. Another thing that he has not been keen to do but he is just getting down to it!!

• Andreabroadley
    Options
    Hope they get to bottom of it and you feel better soon @Terytha!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    @jugar.. Sorry to hear about all the ongoing cleanup work at your end! I’m already in training for our dry September or semi dry!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, life got in the way and diet went out the window :/
    I've missed a lot of posts so I hope everyone is doing ok.
    I've decided to try and stick to maintainance over this holiday period as it's just too difficult right now.
    But today my workout class, which I've been going to for 4 years, restarted after the holiday break, so I did that for an hour and then felt pumped and went for a 5 k run! So I'm hopeful my weight won't go too crazy but still expecting a gain at tomorrow's weigh-in.
    I just hope I don't let it completely derail me.
    Can't wait for September and start a regular routine again.
    Good luck everyone.
    Sorry long post.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    CW 214.0
    Crazy busy with work and home.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar.. Sorry to hear about all the ongoing cleanup work at your end! I’m already in training for our dry September or semi dry!

Me too! I look forward to the full dry experience - hopefully not too much of that semi-sweet stuff!
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    CW 214.0
    Crazy busy with work and home.
    Well done! almost a pound off in spite of the crazy busy schedule. Hugs!
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, life got in the way and diet went out the window :/
    I've missed a lot of posts so I hope everyone is doing ok.
    I've decided to try and stick to maintainance over this holiday period as it's just too difficult right now.
    But today my workout class, which I've been going to for 4 years, restarted after the holiday break, so I did that for an hour and then felt pumped and went for a 5 k run! So I'm hopeful my weight won't go too crazy but still expecting a gain at tomorrow's weigh-in.
    I just hope I don't let it completely derail me.
    Can't wait for September and start a regular routine again.
    Good luck everyone.
    Sorry long post.

Never be sorry for a long post. We love the info and it always is good to get to know what our wonderful team members are up to, going through, and making work. Well done for getting to your workout class - that feels GOOD. You will NOT get derailed. Even if you get stuck for a bit, you will get out. Hang on to those good feelings of "pumped" "strong" "proud", etc. Yes!
  • jugar
    Options
    So it’s a lovely day here. Finally in the low 20s. My husband is now walking one and a half miles in 30 minutes. I can barely keep up with him LOL..

Next week he is starting weight training in cardiac rehab. Another thing that he has not been keen to do but he is just getting down to it!!

You have to work on your mean "I'm going to catch you" face and go for it! He'll get faster and so will you!
  • jugar
    Options
    It's that time of the month!

(no not that one)
    Hop on over to our new September thread and put in an introduction if you want to. I imagine we'll be getting some new members, and it is a good time to renew the commitment to goals.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761633/waistaways-team-chat-september-2019#latest

Keep weighing in HERE and updating steps, etc. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi! This week has been ok. Well, better than last, but not perfect. My daughter and her husband are working on trading their cars in for less expensive ones, so I’ve done some extra babysitting and dinner making, which also means no gym workouts except Sunday. Did get in a walk today with my little sweetie. The weather was beautiful.

Yesterday was my date to get to my mini goal. I did not, but I’ve made some progress. A little slip last week, but hopefully can see a loss this week. Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in Friday
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 174.2
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355
    Weigh in Day Friday
    Week 5
    PW 182.8
    CW 181.8
  • jugar
    Options
    It's FRIDAY again!

I forgot to nag everyone last night, and some of you are right up to the task and have already weighed in. Well done @Connie7355 - you have had a great month, and those steady small losses have added up well. 2.4 pounds might not feel like a lot, but even if you only lose 2 pounds a month, that's 24 pounds in a year. Well done!

I have not had nearly as good a month, but it wasn't quite as bad as I had feared. Getting back to steady workouts and logging will take care of it, as it will for @Perla4686 @micki48 and others who have also had a rocky month. We can turn this around, and better do it soon, eh?

So who is due to weigh in?
    @tdrjustus3
    @Blackbeautysue
    @jlbtnc
    @AmyRobF
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @tigrib

Last one of the month!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username: leni1us
    Week: August 30, Week 5
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 168.0
    CW: 170.0

The number is going the wrong way! I need to get a handle on this. I received some devastating medical news last week that will require surgery and I've been eating everything in sight since then. Food is comforting but I'm undoing all of my hard work. I'm working hard to get back into healthy eating.
This discussion has been closed.