Replies

• jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    Week 1
    PW: 267.4
    CW:268.6

I had a rough week with everyone in the house being sick. I didn’t log in much or pay attention to what I ate. I’m hoping this is just waterweight and I’ll be back down by next week.

I hope you're all feeling better now x

Thank you! We’re on the mend, so I’m hoping this week goes better
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    WID: Saturday
    Week: 1
    PW: 187.2
    CW: 186.4
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Jwall309
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 169
    CW: 169.4

Merp.....seem to be hovering here lately. Need to be more strict to get past it
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    red1185 wrote: »
    Username: red1185
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 166.8
    I posted this last week, but it’s still fitting. I’ve hit the reset button, and I’m starting over. I took today to remind myself that a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step, and I took that step this morning. I took my dog on a long walk. I have a long way to go, with an overall goal of at least 35 lbs gone, but I’m tired of feeling down on myself for losing my mojo that I’m determined I’ll re-find it, and get back in gear. A new week = a fresh start.
    Update: I had a pretty good week. I’ve been so busy at work that I’ve met my step goal multiple times this week (usually I’m too tired that I don’t make it). I also took my dog on a walk when I got home yesterday, which I haven’t done in quite awhile. I’ve been smarter about my food intake (for the most part) - I only eat half portions when I go out, and then that way I have lunch the next day, too! That’s not to say I don’t overindulge sometimes, cuz I definitely did this week....but I usually try to eat smaller portions early in the day when I know I’m gonna go out later.
    I also am doing my reward system: since I’ve gotten down about 6 lbs from my overall starting weight I bought myself a small prize (less than $10 including s&h). When I get down even more I’ll get myself a bigger prize, and so on. I’m hoping this mentality and process keep up, and help me continue losing!
    Happy losing everybody!!!

Sounds like you're in a a good head space just now and making some great choices, well done! Love the reward system, too! What did you treat yourself to?

Thanks! I’m super into travel, so as I lose more weight the prizes will get bigger and bigger. I started out with a portable cord storage pouch. I can put my phone charger, digital camera charger, headphones, small usb devices, etc in it. It’ll be much easier than having everything getting tangled or lost in my bags!
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Daily Post Sat.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes/ 30 min Hike
    Healthier habits:
    Goals or Day:
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    Week 1
    PW: 267.4
    CW:268.6

I had a rough week with everyone in the house being sick. I didn’t log in much or pay attention to what I ate. I’m hoping this is just waterweight and I’ll be back down by next week.

Feel better!!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Over by 5
    Exercise: 1hr bootcamp/1hr elliptical/30mins elliptical
    Goal/Day: Think I'm going to call today WORKOUT SATURDAY 😂. I did a workout 2hrs after each meal(breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Definitely worked off all calories plus a bit more. Now it's time to relax and enjoy some TV.
  • Daily post Saturday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I had about 4 cups of water today. Gonna keep trying to get more
  • DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Daily Post Saturday
    Goal/Day: Day started well with a trip to Farmer’s Market.....but, it was so hot! I was dragging the rest of the day....🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    DDay2020 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sat.
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes/ 30 min Hike
    Healthier habits:
    Goals or Day:

You're on it! Keep it up.
  • Pearl4686
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Over by 5
    Exercise: 1hr bootcamp/1hr elliptical/30mins elliptical
    Goal/Day: Think I'm going to call today WORKOUT SATURDAY 😂. I did a workout 2hrs after each meal(breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Definitely worked off all calories plus a bit more. Now it's time to relax and enjoy some TV.

Woohoo! You're working so hard, I hope you're enjoying it too!
  • Pearl4686
    Daily post Saturday

I had about 4 cups of water today. Gonna keep trying to get more

You're getting there! Now keep at it!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    I’ll take a buddy!! 🙂

@red1185 - I will rematch @ajaia2001 with you! :) Then if another wants a buddy, I'll be the floating buddy. hahaha
  • johicks
    kpfw5hnewtbk.png

There are no rules. I am hoping that you will reach out to one another on here by commenting on each others' posts. Then when the other hasn't been posting to find out what has happened to your buddy. And by your accountability to each other in our team thread, we will be inspired and encouraged by your support. I randomly assigned by drawing names.

If you need help navigating MFP, let me know. I'll do my best.

Buddy pair #1
    @kilobykilo and @angiesjourney

Buddy pair #2
    @DDay2020 and @goodreadsgal

Buddy pair #3
    @Jovsfood and @skullsandskeletons

Buddy pair #4
    @ajaia2001 and @red1185

LET'S DO THIS!!!
    Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Username: red1185
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 166.8

Super loss!! Yeah!!!!

@red1185 I have your PW:170.2, that is due to you switching your weigh-in day from Sunday to Saturday and it was the end of August and you had already weighed for August. So this was your first official weigh-in for September, as September started on Sunday 9/1.

Phew!?? Confusing eh!? Let me worry about those details. The important thing is you weighed-in and LOST!!! Yeah, you!!!!
  • johicks
    edited September 2019
    Each week you weigh in on your chosen weigh-in day. Weigh-ins close at 11:59 pm EST on Saturdays. Should you miss the deadline, your weight will be marked as a zero loss. Challengers who miss two consecutive weigh-ins are disqualified for the remainder of the month. Please be respectful of your team - they are counting on your contribution to the team's success.

We might be able to get your weight on the spreadsheet before weekly tallies are completed, but no guarantees. Please hurry. I will scroll through again to do a double-check.

Weigh-Ins.[/i/] Weeks begin on Sunday and run until the following Saturday. Week #1 in Super September team members that still need to weigh-in:
    @LuluLovinLife... Sun
    @Klilev … Mon
    @Melonpaul . . . Mon
    @rlidl57 . . . Mon
    @Catgray78 . . . Tue
    @Germaine_yee . . . Fri
    @Midsummer174627 . . . Sat

Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Sep., Week 1 (9/01)
    PW: 249.8
    CW: 249.4
    optional
    One thing I did well: Maintained my commitment to this team and challenge, even as little as it has been. I am still here.
    One thing to improve: Make the start of my day FOR ME! Set the timer and do what I need to for MY health!

• johicks
    edited September 2019
    v203ph37dpy7.jpg

• johicks
    @jupdyke~ One week of enjoyment, now let the shred begin!! 👊🏽 8 weeks… that’s awesome! Eager to hear about the process and see your progress. Go Team Jen!! 💪
    @red1185~ Great loss!! 👏🏽 Excellent on resetting your attitude. Sometimes that needs to be done daily, right!? ;) The choices you made last week are great for developing wonderful healthy habits towards a lifetime journey of keeping the weight off. Yeah!!!! Love. Love. Love. the reward system. Keep it going!! You’ve got this!!
    @wander216~ Yeah for the loss. Yes, you can. Keep it going. :)
    @goodreadsgal~ Friday!! You did it... Logged and exercised. Way to be honest with yourself. That’s a pretty good day. Especially for a Friday… right!? :D
    @kilobykilo~ Good Saturday…. Yeah! LOVE salads! Hope the sheets helped you get some peaceful and cozy 🛌💤😴. How did Sunday morning exercise go for you? What did you do?
    @jmacaroni~ I appreciate your honesty and that you are still sticking around with us. You could've said, “Heck with it, I’m not posting.” 👍🏽 I hope everyone feels better and that you can get back to taking care of yourself. You will do it! You can!!
    @Pearl4686~ I think we make a great team. You’re on when I’m not and vice versa. ;) You can do it. Make a goal for yourself and reward for having 4 of 7 days without crashes! I’m getting myself mentally ready for something similar. Let’s do this!!
    @DDay2020~ Slay-it on Saturday! 👍🏽 Well done.
    @ajaia2001~ whoa!! That’s a lot of exercises. 👏🏽 Awesome!!! Have you ever exercised prior to eating? I know at one point in my weight loss journey, that helped my appetite. Maybe in a few weeks switch it up. See what works for you best.
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good job on tracking and being under! 4 cups is more than 3 and you’re slowly starting to maintain that 4. :) Yeah!
    @DogMom919~ Wonderful Saturday of tracking, being under… and a trip to the Farmer’s Market. 👍🏽 I hope you got some fresh good foods. I’ve been blessed this year from friends giving us items from their gardens.
This discussion has been closed.