July 2019 B210k group

Options

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I need to start using the hike and bike path at the county parks but it’s been so hot that running late at night after the parks are closed has been the most viable option for me.
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get a solid run today as a final run before the race, but it did not go well. Instead of running when it was an ideal 75 deg F, I ended up having to drop off my husband’s computer at his work, and since I was over on that side of town, I went ahead and ran some errands over there. By the time I finished all of that, I ended up running midday when it was approaching 90 degrees and full sun. It went well the first couple miles, but I then hit a wall due to the heat and not enough food prior to running. Sadly, at that point I was 2.5 miles from home, so it was a long walk back.

I should be good to go on Monday. I need to remember to hydrate over the next couple of days, and eat close to maintenance. I’m excited to see how it goes. :)
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    Good luck on Monday! I’m sure you’ll do great!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @emmamcgarity well done on completing the programme!

@msielbeck lots of luck and laughs for Monday 🤩

I'm back..... probably back to 5 minute intervals..... tomorrow or sunday I'll see how bad the damage after two runs in a whole month is
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Yes @msielbeck go you!!!!!
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    msielbeck wrote: »
    10K complete! Woo hoo!

Honestly, my crap run on Thursday was probably the best preparation for this race. It was hot as kitten, humid, and the second water station was completely out of water and Gatorade (arg!). The first three miles went pretty smooth, but the next three were a combination of walking and jogging.

I’m not sure what my official stats are, but it was near 1 hr 27 min. I’m happy I completed it and am proud of my progress.

I’ve been watching today hoping you would report how it went. Congratulations on finishing! I’m very tempted to keep running tonight in my training run until I reach 10k if I feel strong enough. Hmmm, if not tonight definitely soon.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    You ladies are inspiring me to get back out and running! Cant find the energy tonight, but tomorrow I willlllll....... something light and easy to get myself back in those trainers!
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    It was really hot and humid. I made 4.19 miles then walked home.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @emmamcgarity well done for even gettin out there! Im gonna make myself do 20 minutes in about and hour and a half..... could use the heat to dodge it again, but knowing you're out there getting it done means I'm gonna make it happen!
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    I joined a running workshop put on by my local running association that started tonight. Ten weeks of coached running to help improve endurance and pace. I was the slowest in the group of those who could already run 5k without stopping but also the newest runner of the group. There will be speakers each week in a variety of topics and sessions with the coaches. The training schedule will also call for running that 6 miles in a few more weeks.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    I joined a running workshop put on by my local running association that started tonight. Ten weeks of coached running to help improve endurance and pace. I was the slowest in the group of those who could already run 5k without stopping but also the newest runner of the group. There will be speakers each week in a variety of topics and sessions with the coaches. The training schedule will also call for running that 6 miles in a few more weeks.

Sounds fantastic, emma!

I did a mini run on Tuesday and must get out again tonight or in the morning..... my race is coming and I'm far from ready!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Amazing @emmamcgarity !

I got out this morning and did a couple if 15 minute intervals. Wasnt pretty, but I'm back!
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    We ran intervals at the running workshop tonight. It was interesting running with the group since I am used to training alone.
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Could summer just end already? I went for a easy 3 mi run this morning and felt like I was back Arlo week 2 of C25K. It is So. Flipping. Hot. It’s like running through warm jello. Or pudding. Or molasses.

Just ugh.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I didn't even try to run this morning. The humidity was 89% at 5:30 am. :|
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    How are we all doing? I am three weeks away from completing C25K and was looking for tips for the transition up? I am particularly interested in Apps as I used a UK NHS app for C25K and they don't do a B210K version. Any thoughts?
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Hello!

I'm not using my app at the mo after a dodgy august, but, after my race..... logic?! Plan to start from the beginning of the transition from 5k to 10k again, but twice a week with a shorter run on the third day.

All i know at present is 10km is a bloody long way!

My app is yellow and called 10k runner.... think i paid 2 euros for it. It's by fitness 22
  • emmamcgarity
    Options
    I did not use an app. Instead I downloaded the B210k podcasts

behryagrva5c.png