• cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cr00000 wrote: »
    @cr00000
    September Week 2
    PW: 179.9
    CW: 179.6

Feeling a bit defeated over that tiny weight loss. I did Max 30 the whole week and I'm still not losing much. Maybe the big loss will be next week.

I seem to notice that my weight loss/gain tends to lag behind a week or two of my efforts... just have to keep at it and the losses will come!

That makes so much sense! Like really, that helps soooooo much. Thank you.
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know I should be eating small meals during the day but I find that i'm just not hungry but when that clock strike 9 all hell breaks loose. I'm fighting with myself not to go crazy and eat everything I see. it's been a real struggle these last two weeks.

I joined a new gym and hired a trainer for 6 months. I need to make sure I start eating my breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 small snacks again.

I need to get out of this rut.

I just quoted what stuck out to me - I have positive feedback!!

1. "I know I should be eating small meals..." - This doesn't work for everyone, definitely not me! Maybe try eating 3 larger satisfying meals and then you may not be ravenous at 9pm. Check you calorie budget and maybe budget for later in the day. My budget is 1440. When I was in a good routine and lost 10 pounds 2 months ago, I did intermittent fasting (16:8). I did not eat breakfast but ate a 600 cal lunch and 600 cal dinner and 150-300 cal dessert. Work with your body, see what routine works for you. I can confidently say that my worst week is maintain my weight instead of losing but I don't gain like I used to. I have finally found what works for me if I'm on track LOL.
    2. "Joined a new gym and trainer" - YOU GO!! That's awesome - kill it at the gym 😤💪💪
    3. "I need to get out of this rut" - you will!! You got a new gym, new trainer, some calorie budget ideas - you're going to be looking back at yourself in December so glad you made that decision, throwing weights like nothing!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    cr00000 wrote: »
    I know I should be eating small meals during the day but I find that i'm just not hungry but when that clock strike 9 all hell breaks loose. I'm fighting with myself not to go crazy and eat everything I see. it's been a real struggle these last two weeks.

I joined a new gym and hired a trainer for 6 months. I need to make sure I start eating my breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 small snacks again.

I just quoted what stuck out to me - I have positive feedback!!

1. "I know I should be eating small meals..." - This doesn't work for everyone, definitely not me! Maybe try eating 3 larger satisfying meals and then you may not be ravenous at 9pm. Check you calorie budget and maybe budget for later in the day. My budget is 1440. When I was in a good routine and lost 10 pounds 2 months ago, I did intermittent fasting (16:8). I did not eat breakfast but ate a 600 cal lunch and 600 cal dinner and 150-300 cal dessert. Work with your body, see what routine works for you. I can confidently say that my worst week is maintain my weight instead of losing but I don't gain like I used to. I have finally found what works for me if I'm on track LOL.
    2. "Joined a new gym and trainer" - YOU GO!! That's awesome - kill it at the gym 😤💪💪
    3. "I need to get out of this rut" - you will!! You got a new gym, new trainer, some calorie budget ideas - you're going to be looking back at yourself in December so glad you made that decision, throwing weights like nothing!

@cr00000

Thanks
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    feel like I'm in a rut, I'm trying really hard to watch what I eat to the point that I might not be eating enough during the day then around 9pm I can eat the whole house. I know I should be eating small meals during the day but I find that i'm just not hungry but when that clock strike 9 all hell breaks loose. I'm fighting with myself not to go crazy and eat everything I see. it's been a real struggle these last two weeks.

I know its all in my head because I haven't seen good numbers on the scale lately.
    I know I shouldn't let it bother me.
    I know it's how it goes when losing weight.
    I know.
    I Know.
    I know.

But it doesn't change how I feel and how I have been thinking. I joined a new gym and hired a trainer for 6 months. I need to make sure I start eating my breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 small snacks again.

Thanks all for listening

This is tough; I am sorry. It's hard to stay the course when you don't see change. My ideas are...make night time eating a hard "no" rule. Just...don't. I find that as long as I don't start, I am ok I stay out of the kitchen. I eat frozen grapes or frozen cherries for an after dinner treat. Then-nada. (usually-and when I do, I deeply regret it.) I also upped my protein a lot and cut sugar recently and it's really helped with those emotional night time cravings. Finally, plan your meals and snacks. Buy snacks that are healthy that you enjoy to always have on hand; yogurt, string cheese, wraps with lettuce and hummus, veggies and dip, etc. You can do it!

@Keepingtrack1234

Thanks
  • kellystarrn
    kellystarrn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username kellystarrn
    September Week 2
    PW: 254.5
    CW: 256.5
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Username robandy12345
    September Week 2
    PW: 217
    CW: 219
    WOW
    Gained weight I
    Can do better! My game plan is to weight myself every other day. Get to the gym everyday. Document everyday. My gain happens every year at this same time. Looking back I had some success this summer playing in the World softball championships, being on 4 teams playing hard till this sprain. Well this week I started to play volleyball and found a group closer to my house to play volleyball and basketball . Look forward to a loss the remainder of the month.
    Peace
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 105 minutes of water exercises (45-minute class, 60 minutes pool walking before and after class); last day so stayed longer than normal. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, I could have stayed all day!! Also, did a 15-minute walk with Ollie this morning before it got too hot. I'm going to try to do that every morning, whether I do the gym or not.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Sept 1 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 2 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 3 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 4 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 5 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 6 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 7 ex✅cal goal❌track all✅
    Sept 8 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 9 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 10 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 11 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ God bless the USA!
    Sept 12 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 13 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 14 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 40 minutes of zumba

• Cspdb3
    Cspdb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Username: Cspdb3
    September Week 2
    PW 257
    CW 259.7
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    crystalbarton31
    September Week 3
    PW: 190.0
    CW: 190.8
    Im so sad :( two days ago I was 189. Wish that was my weigh-in day lol. I was so happy to get under 190. I did eat homemade chicken soup for supper last night and it's high in sodium so maybe it is just water weight?! Lol we will find out next week!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Thank you to those who participated in last week’s mini-challenge. This week’s mini-challenge is to try a fruit or vegetable you’ve never had before, or you thought you didn’t like and report in to let us know if you've changed your mind. :wink: Detox with green vegetables. Green leafy veggies help to de-bloat and flood your body with vitamins and minerals. Choose bitter greens like arugula, watercress, kale, chard, mustard green to support your digestion.

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@allietuge
    @crystalbarton31 - I'm sure it is the sodium holding on to that water. Drink lots of water this week to flush that out! :smile:

Please post using this template:
    Username
    September week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    allietuge wrote: »
    allietuge
    September week 3
    PW: 167.7
    CW: 163.7

I really needed this!!

@allietuge
    Awesome loss
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Wowza!! Congrats on that great loss, @allietuge!! :star:
  • allietuge
    Options
    @matthewsfive and @BonnieHosk85

Thanks so much!!
  • allietuge
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Sort of... it was my daughter's 3rd birthday and her party was at an inflatable park so I was jumping around with her and friends 🤣

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Way to mom, @allietuge! I bet that was a blast! <3

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walk with hubs and Ollie for 20 minutes
    Sept 1 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 2 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 3 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 4 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 5 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 6 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 7 ex✅cal goal❌track all✅
    Sept 8 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 9 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 10 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 11 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ God bless the USA!
    Sept 12 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 13 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 14 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
    Sept 15 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
This discussion has been closed.