HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

oekp7wev4fql.png

0j6bjqhjlewh.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.55%
    INDIVIDUAL % schlerin 2.32%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 25.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ConfidentRaven 6.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 68.6 POUNDS OR 0.26% !!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Workout Warriors 0.55%
    2nd Weight No More 0.35%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Workout Warriors 25.6
    2nd Weight No More 14.5
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @schlerin 2.32%
    2nd @Katmary71 2.09%
    3rd @Amsandos 2.08%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ConfidentRaven 6.2
    2nd @schlerin 4.8
    3rd @amytriesww 4.3

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@ConfidentRaven
    @megnolia82
    @SLIMN2016
    @matthewsfive
    @LiveLaughLove1969
    @NStephenson01
    @amytriesww
    @LovebyDraug69
    @Connie7355
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Home and food prep done!

Hubby and I had a great night away. I actually got a late checkout hoping to sleep in... he was awake at 4 am and again at 6 🤦🏻‍♀️
    We were home before noon.

It was a nice recharge!!!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    9/13
    9/14
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 3 Monday
    PW: 180.3
    CW: 177

Has been a good week. I am on the third week of the C25K running program, my kombucha is going great, I've been experimenting with new recipes and ingredients (no longer bored by my eating routine), and I have cut out the sugar-free chocolate which may or may not have been slowing my weight loss.

As I head into the final week of this month's challenge, I am going to try yoga, as that was my other goal for September (when I last tried yoga, I was about 80lbs heavier, and it was just painful and demoralising. I think I've lost enough now that I will be able to manage it).
  • Luciicul
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 170

Okay I am not sure what is going on this week, I walk/ran everyday(I have been sore from running), I ate out lunch yesterday and food was salty. Not going to freak, will be extra careful next week, I truly thought I would be down a pound.

From what I've heard, when we exercise - particularly if we push ourselves and get sore with DOMS - our body can be inflamed from the small micro-tears in our muscles (part of the strengthening process) and retain water in the short term. It's a pattern I've noticed at times when I do new or substantially increased exercise (and is one of the reasons I focus first on diet for weight loss, and consider exercise as part of being healthier rather than for the purpose of weight loss).
  • Luciicul
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    PW: 196.5
    CW: 195.0

It’s been a week of ups and downs. We said goodbye to our sweet pup on Monday and celebrated our anniversary on Tuesday. Way off of eating plan this week. Now the big question is whether I can continue the losing trend, since I seem to be on a roller coaster.

Sorry to hear about your pup. And sometimes life events are more important than the eating plan - it's not like you have an anniversary every day!
  • Luciicul
    Options
    At this time, I am going to step away from the captain position. I have been not well for several weeks now. I am going through some big medication changes and I need to focus on getting healthy again. I am not giving up mfp or this group. I am thankful that I have all of you supporting me through this weight loss journey.

Steps
    7/9 - 10,090
    8/9 - 9,758
    9/9 - 10,511
    10/9 - 10,985

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Yes, do take care of yourself! I've really enjoyed you being a captain - thank you for all that you bring to this group (sorry I hadn't said this earlier) - and am glad you will remain a member. Best of luck as you adjust to the new meds.
  • Luciicul
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    I saw a post of the weird food for each state.
    Ohio is Goetta. I wont even try Goetta because how it looks.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-strangest-food-from-every-state/ss-AAGArFX?ocid=ientp#image=36
    What does your state have?

I want to hear from some folks from other countries. Are some of these things normal where you are? Also, please don't look at this list and assume everyone in America eats rodent. I would venture to guess that most of us have not. :D:D

I suspect that many of the foods listed aren't common - in some cases might be one food outlet that does it as a bit of a gimmick?

In Australia:
    • Vegemite spread (like marmite, promite, yeast spreads, etc if you've heard of them) is popular and common in many Australian households. If you haven't grown up eating it, you will most likely hate it. It has a strong salty flavour, and is most commonly spread thinly on buttered toast or buttered bread. The biggest mistake Americans make when they sample vegemite is to take a spoonful by itself or spread it thickly on bread as if it were peanut butter - this is too much! I love vegemite, but only spread thinly with butter. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite
    • Meat pies are a pretty common food, in all kinds of variations (beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, different seasonings, etc), but that's not really 'weird' and is also common in the UK. When I was a kid a 'steak and kidney' pie was commonly available, but not any more (smells bad, people don't eat kidneys much anymore). There is a thing called a 'pea floater' that is not common but available in a few places - where a meat pie is served in a bowl of pea mash/soup. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_pie_(Australia_and_New_Zealand) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
    • A common take-away snack food is a sausage roll (also common to UK). This is a meat filling in pastry, baked in an oven, consumed with tomato sauce (ketchup). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage_roll
    • Not often eaten anymore, is the "chiko roll" which was invented in Australia, inspired by chinese spring rolls (egg rolls). A chiko roll is deepfried dough filled with a mix of meat, vegetables & barley. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiko_Roll
    • An Australian variety of hamburger includes beetroot on it (McDonalds developed a McOz burger that includes beetroot because of our existing tendency towards beetroot), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger#Australia_and_New_Zealand and some people put pineapple on hamburgers (or pinapple on pizza - such as "Hawaiian pizza"). The pineapple addition is highly contentious and divides the nation on whether this is great or terrible. I say no to pineapple on hamburgers, but 'sometimes' to pineapple on pizza (alongside other toppings). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_pizza
    • There are some foods that First Nations Australians ate before colonialism but are not readily accessible in the modern era: bogan moths, witchetty grubs, possum, emu, whale, sea urchin, eel, ants, wombats, turtles, etc. People keeping their culture alive might sometimes eat these still, but for most these things there is no commercial industry or ability to "buy." https://www.welcometocountry.org/the-original-fresh-food-people-aboriginal-bush-meats/
    • Some foods are available in our supermarkets but are only eaten by some people: kangaroo, spam, seafood extender (these last two are definitely not unique to Australia - I don't know where they were invented). FYI, kangaroo steak is yummy and healthy.
    • There are gimmicks, not commonly eaten or available, that you hear about: deep-fried mars bar, chip sandwich, "vegemite and ...." (while I am a purist with my vegemite, there are a minority of people who swear by some combination of vegemite with another substance such as cheese, honey, jam, banana, tomato, or avocado - and the manufacturer of vegemite has released vegemite-flavoured-chocolate, vegemite-cheese spread, vegemite crackers, vegemite chips, and vegemite bagels).
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I've been dealing with some back and hip issues over the past month. For the first time in weeks, I was able to go to (and finish) my OrangeTheory workout this morning. My hip is a little sore after, but not too bad. I hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Happy Monday! I've been dealing with some back and hip issues over the past month. For the first time in weeks, I was able to go to (and finish) my OrangeTheory workout this morning. My hip is a little sore after, but not too bad. I hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start.

I saw your whopping calorie burn! That is impressive!!! I have a two week free pass to OT that I really need to use.

Take care of that hip/back!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEIGH INS DUE TODAY
    @Pamela_Sue
    @iamworthy14

Due Tuesday
    @ShowKitten
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    What has everyone eaten thus far today?
    I had 2 pieces of string cheese, some almonds and some veggies/carrots with ranch.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @boehle - I am enjoying my breakfast routine of Jimmy Dean Muffin with egg white, cheese, and turkey sausage, along with a mug of coffee with Vanilla creamer.

This month, I am trying to take my thyroid meds first thing in the morning, then wait 60 minutes before eating, so my breakfast is later than I am used to, but I am managing.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Back to the norm on the food front, porridge with fruit in the morning, salad + fruit & yoghurt for lunch, and coffee... lots of coffee.

I brought in cake to thank people at work for supporting my cancer research cycle challenge. It always seems that nobody wants to be the person to eat the last piece of cake so I did the honours, sorry, not sorry!
This discussion has been closed.