Tuesday
    Track: :)
    Calories: little higher
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 13237
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Question for you all:

Do you make your daily posts the evening before you go to bed, or first thing when you wake up the next day? I usually do it first thing when I wake up the next day because I'm worried that I'll end up getting out of bed to snack on something. Logging my post in the morning helps keep me accountable to myself. Just curious what works for you guys.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: yes
    ✅Exercise: 15 minutes step, 20 minutes strength, 40 minutes walking

Comments

Monday was good, but Had the absolute worst night's sleep last night. Total insomnia. When I FINALLY fell asleep around 3am, my husband decided to steal the blanket from me so I kept waking up to steal it back. I woke up in a foul mood because I knew I would have to cancel my morning run. I've come to realize that if I run or do a strenuous workout after a poor night's sleep, I can feel added stress on my heart. So I broke my fast early this morning (Tuesday) I ate a low carb cookie because I needed something to take the edge off of my bitter mood. Yes, it's stress or emotional eating but I felt like if I just limit it to this one (250 calorie!) cookie, it might save me from a worse fate. I do feel calmer. I won't eat again until lunch at 12:20.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 186.7
    CW: 185.6

They are on this big health consciousness kick at work, which is great. However, they are making us take a biometric screening and an online health assessment and tying it into what we pay for our health insurance. That's fine I guess. I took the screening a few months ago and finally took the online assessment on Saturday (I thought I had already done it). Anyway I scored an "F" on my weight. I just find these black and white assessments so offensive. I got this bad grade because my BMI (as of when I took the biometric test) was over 35. It's under now. They give no consideration to the fact that when I took the biometric test last year that I weighed over 270 lbs. I got a "C" on exercise because I walk 4 miles a day, but I don't stretch or lift weights each week. You also get a knock if you don't agree that half of your plate is full of fruits and veggies. I guess I could just lie on all of that kind of stuff....it just bugs me. That's my rant for the day....haha.
    My old job did that too (You got a gift card if you took all the assessments.) You’ve come a long way, don’t let those assessments get to you. Like you said, results are black and white definitely not taking into consideration where you were.
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Daily Post: Monday, 16 September

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Just over 2hrs of walking

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know one thing I need to do is get my snacking under control so that’s probably it. I had been doing great for about 5/6 months and then I went back to my old ways of eating chocoate and leftovers. That’s the only thing that has changed so it’s got to be the reason I’m not losing, I think. This morning i put a scoop of protein powder in my oatmeal and then I had a shake at lunch time which has definitely helped the cravings. I’ll continue to add the protein powder to my breakfast and have a shake through the day so hopefully it continues to suppress my appetite.

You got this
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in for mon sept 16
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 30 minutes strength, 60 minutes walking
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 16th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,807 steps
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Tuesday, 17 September

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Some walking
    💬Comments: Tonight I’ve had no cravings for crisps or chocolate. I’ve had 2 protein shakes throughout the day (plus my meals) and I really think it’s helping me feel fuller.

• Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Question for you all:

Do you make your daily posts the evening before you go to bed, or first thing when you wake up the next day? I usually do it first thing when I wake up the next day because I'm worried that I'll end up getting out of bed to snack on something. Logging my post in the morning helps keep me accountable to myself. Just curious what works for you guys.

Usually I do it in the evening, while on bed already. As my problem is late night snacking, it has been helpful, as I don't want to be a liar and if wrote daily post already it helps me not to snack.

Problem is that lately my posts reflect that I've exceeded my calory limit, so I don't have this tool against LNS on those nights 🤦‍♀️
  • Ver9nika
    Options
    CindyJNC

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 186.7
    CW: 185.6

They are on this big health consciousness kick at work, which is great. However, they are making us take a biometric screening and an online health assessment and tying it into what we pay for our health insurance. That's fine I guess. I took the screening a few months ago and finally took the online assessment on Saturday (I thought I had already done it). Anyway I scored an "F" on my weight. I just find these black and white assessments so offensive. I got this bad grade because my BMI (as of when I took the biometric test) was over 35. It's under now. They give no consideration to the fact that when I took the biometric test last year that I weighed over 270 lbs. I got a "C" on exercise because I walk 4 miles a day, but I don't stretch or lift weights each week. You also get a knock if you don't agree that half of your plate is full of fruits and veggies. I guess I could just lie on all of that kind of stuff....it just bugs me. That's my rant for the day....haha.

I agree, that is frustrating! This kind of evaluation is measured by others, but our success and satisfacion is (and should be) measured only by ourselves. By our own mind, soul and heart! 💖
  • Ver9nika
    Options
    Daily Post: tuesday (Sept 17)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Comments: great day after almost week of over-eating and under-exercising
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Username: benbowers
    Week: September Week 3
    PW =200.8
    CW=201.2

Not surprised with this, it's been a tough week with work and other family commitments.

Roll on next week!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: tuesday (Sept 17)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Comments: great day after almost week of over-eating and under-exercising

Glad you had a great day! 👍
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post -Tuesday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Actually had a pretty good day at school today. No surprises = Good day.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues sept 17
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Nope
    Calories: I'm sure nope
    Exercise: 1 hour 10 mins weight training, 50 mins walking/running

• jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Monday

Username: jeapri17
    Week: September, week 3
    PW: 167. I think so
    CW: 167
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Mrsjas2000
    Tuesday’s
    PW 259
    CW 258
    2 more days until my cortisone shot, I’ve been told I will need a hip replacement but they really want to wait about 10 years or so. Drs like you to be around 65 because new hips only last about 20 years and they only want to do the surgery once
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: yes
    ✅Exercise: Complete rest day

Comments

Tuesday continued to be a real challenge for me. Worst mood ever. Nothing went smoothly or as it should. Still stuck to my guns as far as staying within my calorie range, but I decided that my body really needed a full day of rest. Didn't even walk the dog. (Don't worry, my husband did.) I'm annoyed. After a weekend of retaining water and inflammation, I'd hoped the scale would finally go down to reflect the hard work I've been putting in, but nope, the scale is still higher than I'd like to see it. But today is a new day. Got a good night's sleep and I'll be sure to get a run in this morning. That should lift my spirits.

BTW Has anyone every tried Ashwagandha for stress? It's an herb that I picked up a while back because I used to take anxiety medicine, but I still have some bad moments. I took it for the first time yesterday afternoon with no expectations, but I really think it helped. I was able to stop obsessing over how bad I was feeling and it enabled me to just "let it go" and proceed with the rest of my day. I didn't know how to take it (I have it in a powdered form) so I just put it in water and drank it. It was awful but I'm glad it seemed to work for me. Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever used this. I hesitated to use it because one person I know said it made them feel unproductive.
This discussion has been closed.