CW: 155.3
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Friday is my Rest Day

Comments: Scale is moving in the correct direction!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 I so agree with your post on emotional eating. It’s a snap moment when I will weaken and then the guilt and shame drops in and I then continue to eat anything because I feel I have ‘ruined it’ for the day.

Yep I use to have days like that but then decided to start thinking positive thoughts even when I slip and started saying "my next meal I'll make a better choice" It took a while but eventually I started making better choices. It is a process because Lord knows I still give in from time to time but the key is to get right back on track, no matter how many times you get off.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: September 3rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,100 steps

Daily Post: September 4th

Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,950 steps

You're rocking it keep it up.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Today I started decluttering my house. Although I thought that I already have quite minimalist lifestyle, I've collected 2 garbage bags of excess clothes from 4 shelfs of wardrobe only :o . A lot of work ahead, but I do feel lighter myself already o:)

Yep, it's a cleansing affect when we declutter our surroundings. I'm always amaze how I feel when I start organizing things in my own environment
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Daily Post - Wednesday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ started doing stairs at work. I hate stairs. Maybe if I lose more weight I won't hate them as much, but right now...😠.but, I will continue.
    Water - 88oz

Lol. . .maybe it's a challenge right now and soon you'll be jogging up those steps. I can't even maneuver the 4 steps in my building daily so I applaud you
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday (Sept 05)

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

Today I continued decluttering and it was first day in a long-long time I didn't obsessed over food. I ate as I pre-planned and didn't watch the clock nor fantasized about next meal. I don't know whether it was because I didn't have anything tempting at home or cause I was busy decluttering, but one of those worked. :)
    Fantastic
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday, 5 September

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Under
    ✅Exercise: 20 minute step workout

Comments: It's my second day tracking successfully! I've been trying to get back to it for a while now, but it always takes me a few tries before I'm successful. Being in this group helps because I get to see all you disciplined people! So thanks for the push! It was my third sick day, so for the past 3 days I've only managed to get 3, 20 minute workouts in. Better than nothing but I can't wait till I'm back to full strength again.

NSV: I FINALLY went to bed early last night which enabled me to wake up naturally at 5:30am this morning. I've been struggling to get back to a healthy sleep routine since I returned from my trip back home this summer, so for me this is an epic victory! Hope I can keep it up!

Awesome
  • vicky2767
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS! TODAY IS DAY 6! YAY!

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: SLEEP PATTERNS

We have all heard the stories and testimonies on how beneficial sleep us to weight loss. I am a witness myself that when I sleep an average of 7hrs I lose more weight and gain when I only sleep for an average of 4 to 5 hours. Hmmmm🤔🤔🤔 Why is that?
    Well according to Google

"The amount of sleep you get directly affects your diet. People who are sleep deprived tend to weigh more and have more trouble losing weight than those who get adequate rest, even when they follow the same diet. When you don't get enough sleep, your body over produces the hunger causing hormones leptin and ghrelin."

cv4oza36aopf.jpg

Thanks for this
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week: September Week 1
    PW: 467.9
    CW: 465.9

Daily Post
    Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 178oz
    Goals/comments my neck is killing me from doing my exercises the day before but other than that still in good spirits.

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 400 bench squats on Total Fit Gym
    Water 210oz
    Goals/comments although I woke up with a migraine I still force myself to workout but just did it all at once instead of breaking it up.
    Hope your feeling better
    benbowers wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Kind of
    Calories: I think just about.....
    Exercise: 6hrs of lifting and shifting heavy boxes.

Comments: Tomorrow may have to be a untracked day as it's my anniversary. Breakfast, lunch and dinner out!
    Might have to have a long run Sunday to counteract!
    Happy Anniversary
    LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh Day: Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 187.4
    CW: 186.2
    Nicely done
    143tobe
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 1
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 142.6
    Nice loss
    Daily Post: Friday

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: below
    ✅Exercise: 40 minutes resistance training, 55 minutes running and cool down.

Comments:

Finally felt well enough to get a decent workout in. Did my resistance training in the morning and this weekend it's supposed to rain so I thought I would do a run in case i'm forced to use my treadmill. Not normally too afraid of running in a little bit of rain, but since I still have the sniffles, it's probably best that I don't.

It was my second day of doing 16/8 IF. I've been fasting every morning until noon, but my evening eating window was still open. Now trying to rein it in so I have a clear end time. 16/8 seems good so far. But I will probably only do this Monday-Friday as my Saturday long runs (10+ miles) will probably be better with some fuel and I run in the mornings.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Glad you’re feeling better
  • vicky2767
    Options
    mthomas0228

September Week 1 (Saturday)

PW: 158.1

Nicely done
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Have to catch up on my daily check ins
    Thurs sept 5
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
    Unfortunately with the threat of the hurricane this day was a wash.

Fri sept 6
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no. I normally work part time from home helping my husband with his business (I’m his glorified “office manager” “book keeper” “inventory control person” etc etc. but today I went to work with him. What a long day. We left the house at 7:30 7:45 and didn’t get home until 5. So not a good day for me either.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sept Week 1
    Sat
    PW 177.4
    CW 178.2

So I’m still going in the wrong direction, but I tracked everyday (which I haven’t done in a long time) and I did get exercise in at least 4 days this week.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Rigibann wrote: »

@Rigibann I did that for a while, it can be helpful, but really any Intermittent Fasting can also be helpful, even 16:8 as you're reducing the amount of time you're eating and the rest of the time you're using stored fat for fuel...and it can be hard to go to 5:2 right off the bat, but it can help.

Really, I might suggest tracking as your currently daily post doesn't suggest that you're tracking and that can really help.

Yes I agree, I had dropped out of tracking - I usually do this when I overeat but I should still track - today’s a new day!. I would struggle if I didn’t eat when I get up, even if it’s just some fruit and yoghurt - so I would find it hard to do 16:8. I just need to be able to get into a better eating habit
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    PW: 284
    CW: 285.8
    Monday
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔✔

Going out for my walk this morning, after not going out seriously since last Sunday, felt strange. I was noticing all these little nagging pains - hip, knee, ankle, big toe, middle toe... then I got into a groove, and never looked back. Picked up the pace and did 4.8 miles. Felt great!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week 1
    Previous weight: 221
    Today's weight: 221
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    mthomas0228

September Week 1 (Saturday)

PW: 158.1

k1lrunoc9sdp.png
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS! TODAY IS DAY 6! YAY!

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: SLEEP PATTERNS

We have all heard the stories and testimonies on how beneficial sleep us to weight loss. I am a witness myself that when I sleep an average of 7hrs I lose more weight and gain when I only sleep for an average of 4 to 5 hours. Hmmmm🤔🤔🤔 Why is that?
    Well according to Google

"The amount of sleep you get directly affects your diet. People who are sleep deprived tend to weigh more and have more trouble losing weight than those who get adequate rest, even when they follow the same diet. When you don't get enough sleep, your body over produces the hunger causing hormones leptin and ghrelin."

cv4oza36aopf.jpg

This!!! So right on! When I started my weight loss journey years ago, I read an article about how poor sleep can cause weight gain and prevent weight loss. That was actually my very first step. I forced myself to go to bed and wake up at the same time every night, day (not an easy feat as I've been a life long insomniac. It really, really helped. Changed everything.

And this past year despite working out for 2 hours at the gym 5 days a week, my weight had gone up, and I just could not get my eating under control. Why? Because all my classes were in the evening and it didn't allow me to fall asleep at a reasonable hour. I'd come home wired at 9 pm and then I'd be snacking all night.

Getting into a healty sleep, wake cycle has been the most important single change I've made for my health.

Me too. I've suffer from insomnia for many years and after my accident I was up due to the pain but now I turn my phone off and snooze for 7 to 8hrs.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    143tobe
    Week 1
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 142.6

56q57zqqq4wa.png
  • gjaholy33