Replies

• Handlesgone
    Handlesgone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday/September 4)

Track: Yes/ breakfast
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: I started off really great this morning but started stress eating the remainder of the day. Middle of the week and I’m falling short. I have to stay consistent with tracking and track more than during breakfast time to make myself accountable for what I am eating.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »

Today I bought a pair of jeans with a waist of 28 inches and they fit me! They were on sale and I didn’t bother trying them on in the shop, but I thought they would be a pair of jeans that I’d need to put away until I lost a little more weight. I have this thing going on where I seem to see myself as bigger than what I really am. I wonder if that will ever change.

@o0kody0o OMG this is me, I'm still trying to come to grips with the size I'm at. I'm wearing smalls on the top and mediums on bottom (8ish) and I swear my mom has been picking me up some clothes at garage sales (because she just can't help herself) and she gives them to me and I'm like that's not going to fit, what are you crazy?! and her response is always, "Just put them on" and I do and they fit and it's unreal. Just.not.real.

@AB0215 It is so mind-boggling isn’t it? My mum is the exact same. She loves browsing second hand shops and will buy me mainly jeans if she comes across some decent ones and I’ll say to her “what size do you think I am?!” But they fit me! So I know that others see my true size (the slimmer me) but I still can’t grasp the fact, or see, that I’m smaller than what I was. In a way it kind of worries me because if I can’t see myself like others do, will I just continue trying to lose weight and end up too thin, if you get what I mean? I’m not aiming for the skinny look; I want to be slimmer, fitter and toned. I know it’s all in my head and that’s probably something I need to work on!

This is so funny. Moms!! My mom is the same, but opposite. My family is used to seeing me at a bigger size so when I arrived this summer at my smallest size ever, they were all pleasantly surprised. My mom knew I was a lot smaller, but in her mind I was still a bigger size. She kept wanting to buy me clothes but was still getting them too big. I had to finally tell her, look. I know this sounds crazy, and it's crazy to me too...but I'm mostly a size small now. When I told her I had just tried on a pair of size 6 pants and a size 4 dress that both fit, she looked at me like I was totally fibbing. :D She finally believed me when I went to the department store with her and ever size 6 and 4 dress I tried on fit like a glove. So now I'm looking forward to next summer. I'm going to tell her to get shopping before I arrive!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Wednesday, 4 September

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Under
    ✅Exercise: 20 minute jog with dog while wearing 4 lbs weighted vest.

💬Comments: Finally successfully logged my food! Aiming to do it again today. I was too sick in the morning to work out, but I had to walk my dog in the evening and had more energy, so I turned it into a run. I've discovered that it really doesn't matter if I work out for an hour a day, or 20 minutes a day. The most important thing is performing exercise as a daily habit.

🌟NSV🌟

I ordered some shapewear from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I ordered a size medium based on reviewers my same size and weight, and even then feared it would be pretty tight. The shapewear fit like a glove and tucked me in nicely but wasn't tight at all. It's a victory because the last shapewear I purchased was XL and it didn't make me feel sexy at all. This one does!

@o0kody0o I borrowed your daily post font! I hope you don't mind. It's great! How do you do it? On a phone, computer?
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training, 90 mins walking.

How do you find the time to work out for such a length of time, plus be so attentive to your duties in MFP? You are so dedicated! <3
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @dustyspal - thanks and yes our day out did seem like going back in time lol. BTW I love your profile picture - are they your dogs? We had a chocolate lab who went over the rainbow bridge 2 years ago but I still really miss him
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS
    TODAY IS DAY 4!

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    STRESS/EMOTIONAL EATING

p2udle6byqjt.jpg

Sometimes we let our stress overwhelm us and then we may turn to our favor comfort foods in that moment. This is not for everyone, but those whom like me find themselves in this place from time to time, let's take a minute to reflect afterwards [REGRET, GUILT & SOMETIMES EVEN SHAME] are just a few feelings we contemplate afterwards. Well it's not a done deal there are a few things we can do instead of eating our feelings especially those of us who are trying to change the lives for the better by shredding some excess weight.

A few things that are working for ME are: talking to my psychotherapist, working out when the urges hit and keeping a gratitude and food journal.

Everyone has to find what works for them. It may take days, months or even years to overcome emotional eating habits but the first step is acknowledging that there's an issue and the next step is taking action. This is no way that it will be a quick fix but small baby steps will lead to a huge change in your life.

Hope this helps just one person today.

Thanks so much for this!
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 12605

GOALS:
    Wednesdays I am now picking up my grandson which makes the day very different. I lost weight as I was so busy! I need to develop habits that are different on Wednesdays to adjust to the difference in my schedule.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

✅Track: Yes
    ✅Calories: Under
    ✅Exercise: 20 minute jog with dog while wearing 4 lbs weighted vest.

💬Comments: Finally successfully logged my food! Aiming to do it again today. I was too sick in the morning to work out, but I had to walk my dog in the evening and had more energy, so I turned it into a run. I've discovered that it really doesn't matter if I work out for an hour a day, or 20 minutes a day. The most important thing is performing exercise as a daily habit.

🌟NSV🌟

I ordered some shapewear from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I ordered a size medium based on reviewers my same size and weight, and even then feared it would be pretty tight. The shapewear fit like a glove and tucked me in nicely but wasn't tight at all. It's a victory because the last shapewear I purchased was XL and it didn't make me feel sexy at all. This one does!

@o0kody0o I borrowed your daily post font! I hope you don't mind. It's great! How do you do it? On a phone, computer?

@143tobe That was so weird, I saw your post but thought it was mine and I was thinking “Omg I don’t have a dog anymore and I didn’t order from Amazon...when did I write this and why?!!” 🤣 Thought I was losing my mind lol. Of course I don’t mind! I have an iPhone and just use different smileys/emoji things depending on how I’m feeling lol. Personally I think it looks nicer ☺️

Congrats on your NSV 🎉 It’s awesome when we can finally fit into a smaller size, so well done 👏 🤗

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @Rigabann Thanks. Yes, those are my boys. 2 1/2 year old brothers, Ollie and Opie. I love labs. I've had a black, another choco, and a yellow, and now these two blockheads.
  • 143tobe
    Options

@143tobe That was so weird, I saw your post but thought it was mine and I was thinking “Omg I don’t have a dog anymore and I didn’t order from Amazon...when did I write this and why?!!” 🤣 Thought I was losing my mind lol. Of course I don’t mind! I have an iPhone and just use different smileys/emoji things depending on how I’m feeling lol. Personally I think it looks nicer ☺️

Congrats on your NSV 🎉 It’s awesome when we can finally fit into a smaller size, so well done 👏 🤗

:D:D:D And thanks! <3
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: eromligyppah
    Week: September week 1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW =195.6
    CW= 198.6
    Still goin the wrong way. I'm beginning to think marathon training is taking it toll on me. I did my 14 miles on Sunday morning 15 scheduled for this Sunday. Steps per day are way down only 9200 a day average. I gotta get back on track.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

How do you find the time to work out for such a length of time, plus be so attentive to your duties in MFP? You are so dedicated! <3

@143tobe That's just it, I make the time. I am a firm believer in you will make time to do what you want to do and so I make time to do it. It's important to me. I will say this, my workouts come first, so if I only have time to work out, I will weight train only because that comes first, but I get up early every day to fit in the rest. The same is true for weight loss, if it's important to you, you will make time for it.

I always think it's amazing when my mom says she doesn't have time to do things, but she spends an hour playing candy crush....maybe you go for a walk and cut your candy crush down to 30 mins? Sounds harsh, I know, but it's really the truth.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 9/4)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Walked 7+ miles
    Goals/Day/Comments: Spent the day at a huge antique market, so got in overall 7 miles of walking, plus carrying lots of heavy things, that I had purchased, back and forth to the car . My arm muscles are sore today, like I did weight training yesterday :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    @Rigabann Thanks. Yes, those are my boys. 2 1/2 year old brothers, Ollie and Opie. I love labs. I've had a black, another choco, and a yellow, and now these two blockheads.

@dustyspal I also love labs. Had several over my lifetime, although I currently have 2 cats because when we got them we lived in an apartment and couldn't have dogs, but someday, I will have another lab, I just have a 2 pet limit as I don't want to have more pets than I can really give enough attention to. My pets are my babies.
  • AB0215
    Options

This is so funny. Moms!! My mom is the same, but opposite. My family is used to seeing me at a bigger size so when I arrived this summer at my smallest size ever, they were all pleasantly surprised. My mom knew I was a lot smaller, but in her mind I was still a bigger size. She kept wanting to buy me clothes but was still getting them too big. I had to finally tell her, look. I know this sounds crazy, and it's crazy to me too...but I'm mostly a size small now. When I told her I had just tried on a pair of size 6 pants and a size 4 dress that both fit, she looked at me like I was totally fibbing. :D She finally believed me when I went to the department store with her and ever size 6 and 4 dress I tried on fit like a glove. So now I'm looking forward to next summer. I'm going to tell her to get shopping before I arrive!

@143tobe My mom started losing weight with me when I hit about the 80 lb mark, and she started asking my advice, guess she finally thought I knew what I was doing.
    And I've given her a lot of my hand me downs as I've lost weight, and what's sort of hilarious is that we're sort of opposites, she's bigger on top than me, I'm bigger on bottom (partly to my shape and partly because of the weight training). She's about 4 sizes smaller on the bottoms than me and I'm 1-2 sizes smaller on top than her. So I've given her my old tops and she's given me a lot of her old bottoms so it's worked out really well lol. Although at this point we both are probably pretty close to where we're going to wind up so we have to start buying our own clothes again.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: no, way over
    Exercise: yes

Today was quite a surprise for me. I have meal plan, which I follow, but additionally I drink couple of coffees and eat some fruits. Today I thought that I only had some extra calories, but there were around 400 of them... :o four hundred extra calories :#
    . Oh my! Lesson learned
    They certainly can sneak up on you
    benbowers wrote: »
    Username: benbowers
    Week: September Week 1
    PW =206
    CW=202.2

Nice
  • vicky2767
    Options
    sherrilew wrote: »
    Sherrilew
    Sept week 1
    PW: 264.6
    CW: 264.0

Nice
  • vicky2767
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Weigh-in Wednesday - SEPT WEEK 1
    PW - 297.6
    CW - 286.8

Week loss -10.8
    Total loss - 26.6

Whew! After two weeks of zero to no loss, I knew it was coming!!
    Wow nice
    September week uno
    Wednesday weigh in
    Cydneebauman

PW 163
    CW 160.4

next week I should be in 150s! 62 days till vacation, the main reason I started this journey..... how much can I lose in the next 2 months?!!

24.6lbs till goal weight. 🎉🎉
    Great loss
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS
    TODAY IS DAY 4!

TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP:
    STRESS/EMOTIONAL EATING

p2udle6byqjt.jpg

Sometimes we let our stress overwhelm us and then we may turn to our favor comfort foods in that moment. This is not for everyone, but those whom like me find themselves in this place from time to time, let's take a minute to reflect afterwards [REGRET, GUILT & SOMETIMES EVEN SHAME] are just a few feelings we contemplate afterwards. Well it's not a done deal there are a few things we can do instead of eating our feelings especially those of us who are trying to change the lives for the better by shredding some excess weight.

A few things that are working for ME are: talking to my psychotherapist, working out when the urges hit and keeping a gratitude and food journal.

Everyone has to find what works for them. It may take days, months or even years to overcome emotional eating habits but the first step is acknowledging that there's an issue and the next step is taking action. This is no way that it will be a quick fix but small baby steps will lead to a huge change in your life.

Hope this helps just one person today.

Thank you for this
  • vicky2767
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Username: nebslp
    Weigh-in day: WEDNESDAY
    PW =224.8
    CW= 224.6
    mrsjas2000 wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot to post yesterday, I did weigh but with the holiday it threw me off.
    Mrsjas200
    Tuesday’s
    PW. 259
    CW. 257
    Nice job you two

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking, 1h 30m
    💬Comments: Really proud of myself for getting back on track. After going through a period of not really caring and eating junk food, I’ve been doing great for the past couple of weeks (and I’m finally losing weight again)

🌟NSV🌟

Today I bought a pair of jeans with a waist of 28 inches and they fit me! They were on sale and I didn’t bother trying them on in the shop, but I thought they would be a pair of jeans that I’d need to put away until I lost a little more weight. I have this thing going on where I seem to see myself as bigger than what I really am. I wonder if that will ever change.

What a nice feeling. Great NSV
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Username: eromligyppah
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW =195.6
    CW= 198.6
    Still goin the wrong way. I'm beginning to think marathon training is taking it toll on me. I did my 14 miles on Sunday morning 15 scheduled for this Sunday. Steps per day are way down only 9200 a day average. I gotta get back on track.

@143tobe My mom started losing weight with me when I hit about the 80 lb mark, and she started asking my advice, guess she finally thought I knew what I was doing.
    And I've given her a lot of my hand me downs as I've lost weight, and what's sort of hilarious is that we're sort of opposites, she's bigger on top than me, I'm bigger on bottom (partly to my shape and partly because of the weight training). She's about 4 sizes smaller on the bottoms than me and I'm 1-2 sizes smaller on top than her. So I've given her my old tops and she's given me a lot of her old bottoms so it's worked out really well lol. Although at this point we both are probably pretty close to where we're going to wind up so we have to start buying our own clothes again.

Love this.
This discussion has been closed.