PW: 467.9
    CW: 465.9

Daily Post
    Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 178oz
    Goals/comments my neck is killing me from doing my exercises the day before but other than that still in good spirits.

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 400 bench squats on Total Fit Gym
    Water 210oz
    Goals/comments although I woke up with a migraine I still force myself to workout but just did it all at once instead of breaking it up.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 19634

GOALS:
    I am doing well , walking the dog and then walking the beach ( after September 15 I can combine them as the beach will be open to dogs).

I am trying to add cleaning to the habit ( just as poorly done as my eating!).

The future walks on the beach with your dog sound like heaven! You're a good dog mom!

I commend you for trying to work on cleaning as a habit. Something I fail MISERABLY at. I've been "wanting" to get into making cleaning a habit, but I've failed to set a plan that I can follow. You posting this here makes me realize that since MFP has been working for meeting my weight loss goals, I'm going to start looking for a cleaning app! Let's do it! Shall we post before and after photos of our abodes? :D
  • 143tobe
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS! TODAY IS DAY 6! YAY!

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: SLEEP PATTERNS

We have all heard the stories and testimonies on how beneficial sleep us to weight loss. I am a witness myself that when I sleep an average of 7hrs I lose more weight and gain when I only sleep for an average of 4 to 5 hours. Hmmmm🤔🤔🤔 Why is that?
    Well according to Google

"The amount of sleep you get directly affects your diet. People who are sleep deprived tend to weigh more and have more trouble losing weight than those who get adequate rest, even when they follow the same diet. When you don't get enough sleep, your body over produces the hunger causing hormones leptin and ghrelin."

cv4oza36aopf.jpg

This!!! So right on! When I started my weight loss journey years ago, I read an article about how poor sleep can cause weight gain and prevent weight loss. That was actually my very first step. I forced myself to go to bed and wake up at the same time every night, day (not an easy feat as I've been a life long insomniac. It really, really helped. Changed everything.

And this past year despite working out for 2 hours at the gym 5 days a week, my weight had gone up, and I just could not get my eating under control. Why? Because all my classes were in the evening and it didn't allow me to fall asleep at a reasonable hour. I'd come home wired at 9 pm and then I'd be snacking all night.

Getting into a healty sleep, wake cycle has been the most important single change I've made for my health.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options

Weigh in day Friday
    Week: September Week 1
    PW: 161
    CW: 162

Daily Post Friday

Track no
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

Comments: not a good first week I’m afraid. Too many social get togethers. Thinking of trying the 5:2 eating regime to see if I can kick start things
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @Rigibann I had to look up 5:2. Interesting. Good luck!!
    That would never have worked for me. My "normal" eating is (was) anything BUT normal. I basically ate whatever. That's what got me into my current situation.

• dustyspal
    Options
    In the topic of sleep - I would love to have normal sleep patters. I go to bed early enough and wake consistently at the same time, but I have sleep apnea and wake up at least 10 times a night, often unable to get back to sleep for hours. I'm hoping losing weight will help with that. I rarely get 8 hours. It's more along the lines of 5 to 6 1/2 hours.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise no

Today's thought - I sometimes feel that I lose more when I don't exercise as much. I'm going to test that theory In the morning. Not that I will never exersise, but I'm just curious.
  • benbowers
    benbowers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Kind of
    Calories: I think just about.....
    Exercise: 6hrs of lifting and shifting heavy boxes.

Comments: Tomorrow may have to be a untracked day as it's my anniversary. Breakfast, lunch and dinner out!
    Might have to have a long run Sunday to counteract!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    In the topic of sleep - I would love to have normal sleep patters. I go to bed early enough and wake consistently at the same time, but I have sleep apnea and wake up at least 10 times a night, often unable to get back to sleep for hours. I'm hoping losing weight will help with that. I rarely get 8 hours. It's more along the lines of 5 to 6 1/2 hours.
    @Rigibann I had to look up 5:2. Interesting. Good luck!!
    That would never have worked for me. My "normal" eating is (was) anything BUT normal. I basically ate whatever. That's what got me into my current situation.

@dustyspal I've done IF like that in the past, don't currently, currently I'm doing 18:6 every day and it really helps to keep my eating under control, otherwise I just eat....literally all day long.
    And one thing I've noticed about my sleep, not since losing weight per se, but since going Keto more than 2 years ago, my sleep is drastically better, and now that I'm 0 carb, it's pretty incredible, I fall asleep literally the same time every day in like 10 mins, and wake up feeling refreshed at 530 am literally every day and I don't have the same issues I used to where I'd wake up every 45 mins. It's really one of my favorite things that's happened since I stopped eating carbs. Can't say it'd happen that way for everyone, but some people just don't react well to carbs, and as it turns out, I'm one of them. Glad I made the switch. It's been worth it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise no

Today's thought - I sometimes feel that I lose more when I don't exercise as much. I'm going to test that theory In the morning. Not that I will never exersise, but I'm just curious.

@dustyspal There are reasons for that...I tend to lose more when I exercise ,but not immediately. Sometimes you can be building muscle and in the process there can be a bit of inflammation associated with that, but in the long run, you burn more calories every day with more muscle on your body so it's worth it. But you don't always see the results immediately so.....however you can also lose weight and then work on adding in exercise later, you will mostly need to control diet to lose weight, that's really the most effective way to lose weight anyway...
  • AB0215
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Weigh in day Friday
    Week: September Week 1
    PW: 161
    CW: 162

Daily Post Friday

Track no
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

Comments: not a good first week I’m afraid. Too many social get togethers. Thinking of trying the 5:2 eating regime to see if I can kick start things

@Rigibann I did that for a while, it can be helpful, but really any Intermittent Fasting can also be helpful, even 16:8 as you're reducing the amount of time you're eating and the rest of the time you're using stored fat for fuel...and it can be hard to go to 5:2 right off the bat, but it can help.

Really, I might suggest tracking as your currently daily post doesn't suggest that you're tracking and that can really help.
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh Day: Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 187.4
    CW: 186.2
  • Handlesgone
    Handlesgone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday/September 6)

Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: I track all of my food today! I went for a short walk (can’t walk too long due to Achilles tendinitis). I think going into next week, I will be more prepared.

Continue with the good work everyone!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Friday, 6 September

Track: No
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Lots of walking
    💬Comments: I was out for most of the day and night, and I never got round to tracking (that’s a first for me) However, I counted my calories in my head before eating and I’m happy to say I was under again 😊
  • 143tobe
    Options
    143tobe
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 1
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 142.6
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 5th

Calories under goal: Over by 100
    Exercise: 10,500 steps

Had to work hard to get my steps in. I was in an all day training but I walked during every break, during lunch and then after work.

Daily Post: September 6th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 12,050 steps

• 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: below
    ✅Exercise: 40 minutes resistance training, 55 minutes running and cool down.

Comments:

Finally felt well enough to get a decent workout in. Did my resistance training in the morning and this weekend it's supposed to rain so I thought I would do a run in case i'm forced to use my treadmill. Not normally too afraid of running in a little bit of rain, but since I still have the sniffles, it's probably best that I don't.

It was my second day of doing 16/8 IF. I've been fasting every morning until noon, but my evening eating window was still open. Now trying to rein it in so I have a clear end time. 16/8 seems good so far. But I will probably only do this Monday-Friday as my Saturday long runs (10+ miles) will probably be better with some fuel and I run in the mornings.

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday (Sept 06)

Track: Yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

Had two NSVs:
    - I had binge at dinner, ate way more than I should, but finally could stop myself and ate under my calory goal. This has never ever happened to me before. Usually those binges continue for days. So I'm extremely happy o:)
    - my husband returned from long business trip, hugged me and said that I've lost weight from waist <3
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    💥Daily Post: Friday, 6th September 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: below
    ☑️Exercise: none today

Comments: but delayed in posting this...funeral day today. I coped and I didn't emotionally eat, so I'm proud of myself.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 13637

GOALS:
    Working toward the correct direction!
This discussion has been closed.