What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• natslostit
    natslostit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King, and I'm really enjoying it so far! :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I recently read Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa & The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco.

I'm not sure what I'm reading next.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    tweak by nic sheff
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A Wrinkle in Time. This part of my effort to catch up on well American "classics" I missed as a kid. Just started but enjoying it so far.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Chosen Champion by Elise Kova
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    In the midst of rereading the entire Shannara series by Terry Brooks now that he has a new trilogy. Currently up to book 8 of almost 25?
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    In the midst of rereading the entire Shannara series by Terry Brooks now that he has a new trilogy. Currently up to book 8 of almost 25?

good lord henry ford!
  • lilithsrose
    Options

So, Terry Brooks was my co-worker's college roommate's dad. She has multiple signed books. I'm kinda jealous.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i just finished reading 8 charlie gallagher books. bloody brilliant. right now im reading "Rocket Jump: Quake and the Golden Age of First-Person Shooters

a non fiction book about the rise of id Software with doom and quake and the FPS games that came after
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco
  • nossmf
    Options
    Making progress on the Shannara series, only two more re-reads before I can begin the new trilogy. Only...rumor has it that it'll actually be a quartet, and there will still be one more book to go. Gah! Now I don't know if I wanna start reading the new stuff at all, and chance forgetting crucial events or characters while waiting for the next book to come out.
  • nossmf
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    So, Terry Brooks was my co-worker's college roommate's dad. She has multiple signed books. I'm kinda jealous.

I had to re-read this a few times. My first thought was that I had just discovered an "in" to get an autograph or two, or to give him a copy of my own novel inspired by him. Then I realized your statement was more along the lines of "Spaceballs" where Lord Helmet is telling our hero how he used to be his mother's brother's sister's cousin's former college roommate... "So, what does that make us?" "Absolutely nothing!"
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »

I had to re-read this a few times. My first thought was that I had just discovered an "in" to get an autograph or two, or to give him a copy of my own novel inspired by him. Then I realized your statement was more along the lines of "Spaceballs" where Lord Helmet is telling our hero how he used to be his mother's brother's sister's cousin's former college roommate... "So, what does that make us?" "Absolutely nothing!"

Yeah, it doesn't help either of us. But it helped my coworker get signed copies, which is still pretty cool.

I have signed copies of a few books. I have stuff from Richelle Mead, Holly Black, Neal Shusterman and Sarah J. Maas. Target and Barnes & Noble get signed copies in sometimes.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Just finished up "Shatter City" by Scott Westerfeld. Now reading "Heart of the Moors" by Holly Black.
  • nossmf
    Options
    I once had a signed edition of a financial self-help book which I loaned to a coworker. Unfortunately that coworker was military, and when he got assigned to a new base in another part of the country, my book went with him, never to be seen (by me) again. Phooey.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Kill Me Once, Kill Me Twice" by Clara Kensie. I also have a shelf full of books and I'm not quite sure which one I'll read next. I love anything Young Adult that's paranormal or dystopian.

I'm also an author myself! I just released a book last month and I've got two books left before my Unfortunate Spells series is complete! I commented back in July that I was writing that book and now it's done and out into the world! LOL. Look me up on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Laslie/e/B00NCJV6Z4
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I just finished up the "Institute of the Shadow Fae" series by C.N. Crawford. I may look into reading more of their books that are based in the same universe.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Just began *Hidden Faces* by Salavator Dali.
  • LadyCalico2
    LadyCalico2 Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The Warsaw Orphan by Kelly Rimmer (5*): A better than average, but often grim, historical novel about the destruction of Warsaw in WWII. Author keeps historical background authentic in a story about teens on either side of the Jewish ghetto who have very different philosophies about surviving the horrors of the German, then Soviet, occupation and terror campaigns
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers #2)
    by Brigid Kemmerer

Book 1 was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Book 2 isn't. This is a trilogy. One of the characters has cerebral palsy; it is pretty rare to have a character with a physical ailment like this in a fantasy novel.