TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Options
1212224262732

Replies

  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Question for you all:

    Do you make your daily posts the evening before you go to bed, or first thing when you wake up the next day? I usually do it first thing when I wake up the next day because I'm worried that I'll end up getting out of bed to snack on something. Logging my post in the morning helps keep me accountable to myself. Just curious what works for you guys.

    I do it in the morning. I weigh myself, check my food dairy and complete then post.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 20980

    Good day yesterday, I need to continue to eat early and push myself walking.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Weekly Wednesday Weigh in
    Sept Week 3

    PW - 283.1
    CW - 280.6
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues sept 17
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes walking and weights
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    mrsjas2000 wrote: »
    Mrsjas2000
    Tuesday’s
    PW 259
    CW 258
    2 more days until my cortisone shot, I’ve been told I will need a hip replacement but they really want to wait about 10 years or so. Drs like you to be around 65 because new hips only last about 20 years and they only want to do the surgery once

    Nice loss. Hope the cortisone shot helps.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post: Tuesday

    ✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: yes
    ✅Exercise: Complete rest day

    Comments

    Tuesday continued to be a real challenge for me. Worst mood ever. Nothing went smoothly or as it should. Still stuck to my guns as far as staying within my calorie range, but I decided that my body really needed a full day of rest. Didn't even walk the dog. (Don't worry, my husband did.) I'm annoyed. After a weekend of retaining water and inflammation, I'd hoped the scale would finally go down to reflect the hard work I've been putting in, but nope, the scale is still higher than I'd like to see it. But today is a new day. Got a good night's sleep and I'll be sure to get a run in this morning. That should lift my spirits.

    BTW Has anyone every tried Ashwagandha for stress? It's an herb that I picked up a while back because I used to take anxiety medicine, but I still have some bad moments. I took it for the first time yesterday afternoon with no expectations, but I really think it helped. I was able to stop obsessing over how bad I was feeling and it enabled me to just "let it go" and proceed with the rest of my day. I didn't know how to take it (I have it in a powdered form) so I just put it in water and drank it. It was awful but I'm glad it seemed to work for me. Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever used this. I hesitated to use it because one person I know said it made them feel unproductive.

    Never heard of it. But my sister used to take St. John’s wort to help her moods.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Wednesday
    Track: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 20980

    Good day yesterday, I need to continue to eat early and push myself walking.
    Good day indeed.
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Weekly Wednesday Weigh in
    Sept Week 3

    PW - 283.1
    CW - 280.6

    Nice loss!
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    September week 3
    Wednesday weigh in
    PW 159
    CW 158.6
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

    Tuesday continued to be a real challenge for me. Worst mood ever. Nothing went smoothly or as it should. Still stuck to my guns as far as staying within my calorie range, but I decided that my body really needed a full day of rest. Didn't even walk the dog. (Don't worry, my husband did.) I'm annoyed. After a weekend of retaining water and inflammation, I'd hoped the scale would finally go down to reflect the hard work I've been putting in, but nope, the scale is still higher than I'd like to see it. But today is a new day. Got a good night's sleep and I'll be sure to get a run in this morning. That should lift my spirits.

    BTW Has anyone every tried Ashwagandha for stress? It's an herb that I picked up a while back because I used to take anxiety medicine, but I still have some bad moments. I took it for the first time yesterday afternoon with no expectations, but I really think it helped. I was able to stop obsessing over how bad I was feeling and it enabled me to just "let it go" and proceed with the rest of my day. I didn't know how to take it (I have it in a powdered form) so I just put it in water and drank it. It was awful but I'm glad it seemed to work for me. Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever used this. I hesitated to use it because one person I know said it made them feel unproductive.
    @143tobe I think that it's important to find what works for you and you never really know what will work until you try it, as for me, I find I feel my best with less than 10 total carbs for the day and skipping the veggies, and my mood rests on how I eat, if I eat garbage I feel like garbage and no amount of supplements fixes it for me.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Halfway to the weekend.
    My niece turns 5 (which is making me feel old lol) this month and we're having her birthday party this weekend, which is going to include tie-dye and hair chalk, which I realize now at 33 I quite literally never experimented with any weird hair color choices, so might just play with it too. lol.

    Let's keep crushing our goals! It is Wednesday after all!
    3vvalc2jf4oy.gif
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @143tobe I think that it's important to find what works for you and you never really know what will work until you try it, as for me, I find I feel my best with less than 10 total carbs for the day and skipping the veggies, and my mood rests on how I eat, if I eat garbage I feel like garbage and no amount of supplements fixes it for me.

    Oh, my general mood is great. I used to be depressed and stressed for years (20 of them). Took antidepressants and anxiety meds (which only helped minimally). Once I got into a regular workout regime, sleep cycle, and lost weight I went off of everything. I still get anxiety from time to time, but it's always situationally induced or pms. You're right, everyone needs to figure out what works for them. Supplements saved me. I did some brain hacking with supplements to get my depression down a few years back which enabled me to start eating, sleeping, and working out. I had totally forgotten that using supplements is what really got me in a healthier mindset which lead to me being able to build a better body.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday! Halfway to the weekend.
    My niece turns 5 (which is making me feel old lol) this month and we're having her birthday party this weekend, which is going to include tie-dye and hair chalk, which I realize now at 33 I quite literally never experimented with any weird hair color choices, so might just play with it too. lol.

    Let's keep crushing our goals! It is Wednesday after all!
    3vvalc2jf4oy.gif

    Sounds fun! Happy Birthday to your niece! At 33 your probably one of the youngest people here!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 17th

    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,495 steps

    I went over my calories on purpose yesterday. I am going to try to vary my calories to jostle my metabolism a little. I am going to TRY to stay well under today.


  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Question for you all:

    Do you make your daily posts the evening before you go to bed, or first thing when you wake up the next day? I usually do it first thing when I wake up the next day because I'm worried that I'll end up getting out of bed to snack on something. Logging my post in the morning helps keep me accountable to myself. Just curious what works for you guys.

    I have always posted at night, but I'm posting in the morning now just to switch things up a little.

  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 17th

    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,495 steps

    I went over my calories on purpose yesterday. I am going to try to vary my calories to jostle my metabolism a little. I am going to TRY to stay well under today.


    Good idea! This method has definitely worked for me in the past. So yes, your calories are still under goal if it's a planned increase for that day! :)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Username: nebslp
    Week: September week 3
    Weigh-in day: WEDNESDAY
    PW =223.8
    CW= 223.0
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Weekly Wednesday Weigh in
    Sept Week 3

    PW - 283.1
    CW - 280.6

    Super well done! ⭐
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 17th

    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No
    Exercise: 10,495 steps

    I went over my calories on purpose yesterday. I am going to try to vary my calories to jostle my metabolism a little. I am going to TRY to stay well under today.


    @CindyJNC1963 Have you thought about giving intermittent fasting a try, it can really help get through plateaus, and it can be simple like only eating in an 8 hour window each day or even something like 5:2, where you cut your calories way down on 2 days...just wondering if you were at the point yet where you might want to push through and try something drastically different to jostle your metabolism..there is a loooooot of research that suggest intermittent fasting is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your body, metabolism and mind, and I'll say that the days that I get it right, I feel the best.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

    👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: September, week 3
    👣PW: 139.6
    👣CW: 140.9

    For the past 6 weeks I’ve barely lost anything. I’ve been going between 139.3 and 141 since 4th August 😢 I’m really not sure what else I can do to get down to my GW of 128 so if anyone has any tips or advice, it would be greatly appreciated 😊

    @o0kody0o Have you thought about giving intermittent fasting a try, it can really help get through plateaus, and it can be simple like only eating in an 8 hour window each day or even something like 5:2, where you cut your calories way down on 2 days..like around the 500 calories mark...a lot of research has gone into intermittent fasting and is still going into intermittent fasting....I've tried all the protocols, OMAD, 16:8, 20:4, 18:6, I tend to stay around the 18:6, with the exception of lately, which I've been starving again, so I've been eating, I tend to put on a lot of muscle when I'm starving, and I'l sort of riding that train right now, but if you're more concerned with dropping the last few lbs...might suggest that if you haven't tried it already.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I second the suggestion of trying intermittent fasting for anyone looking to break a plateau or shake things up a little. It took me a few days to successfully fast 16 hours and eat within a window of 8, but now I've settled comfortably in fasting 17 hours, eating in a window of 7 hours. The weight has been coming off consistently. I've lost a total of 4.4lbs my first two weight ins. It took about a week and a half to stop feeling so hungry (starving!) in the morning. I wake up at 5am and my first meal was at 12:20pm, plus I work out in the morning, so for me that was a long time to go without fresh energy (food!). Now I break my fast at 11:20 with a 100 calorie coffee which tides me over until I have a full lunch at 12:20. I feel really great. At first it wasn't fun switching to plain black coffee in the morning, but now I love it. In general, my hunger in general has really gone down. My calories are set pretty high, 1900 but I don't eat back workout calories. On Saturday my calories are 2400 and Sunday, 2000. My aim is to never eat under 1600 a day, but doing intermittent fasting, I have been kind of forcing myself to keep my daily calories high because I'm afraid of slowing down my metabolism. After my half marathon is over I will experiment with lowering my calories for a while, but right now these numbers and IF are working really well for me.
This discussion has been closed.