MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    We start today!!! Will you give yourself just 10 days to see what your body will do? :)

Navydaddjtc, just posted this week's winners and while we certainly congratulate the winning teams, I want us to be the #1 team. Let's do this!! B)

84uibhi30nma.jpg

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sunday 9/22 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.6
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Over
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macro/micros :
    Exercise:

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water

We went to a family gathering last night and I, unfortunately, consumed a bit too much wine.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 21st

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: yes
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I am IN on the NO SUGAR CHALLENGE! 🛑✋🍬
    I will add that for me, I have to keep an eye on some of the things that occur in nature. Some things in nature I can't have (bananas, honey) or have to keep limited (sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash).

I am also IN on the SELF CARE CHALLENGE posted by @sleepymom5 . That will look like my adding Meditation to my daily check-ins. 🧘📿 It will also look like me working on some sleep related habits. 😴

@digger61 - Yippee! What a great Saturday! 🎉🎈

@mrmcgrath - I hope the wine was fun at the time! 🍷 Today is a new day. Onwards! 🌄

@Apple852hk - Hurray for the weigh-in! Brilliant! 🎇:smiley:
    If it is chewing you particularly like, can you find some foods that are not calorie dense to include in meals? Maybe high fiber roasted or lightly steamed veggies? Baby carrots?
    Would something like putting down your utensils between each bite help slow you down?
    Check in with yourself after each bite has been chewed and swallowed, asking yourself how full you feel?
    Other ideas (some pretty wild, but I am a pretty silly person, so take or leave as you like):
    Putting down your utensils and then doing something else for a moment, like talking to others at the table?
    Pretend to be a food critic and grade your dish on spices, style, substance, stopping to describe after you eat the first bite or two? ✔️
    Try eating with chopsticks? 🥢
    Downton Abbey dinner, where you practice super-formal etiquette and dab with a napkin after each bite? One could even dress for dinner... 🍽️
    Okay, I am probably getting to silly (creative?). I work with kids and would totally do these things, but they may sound too crazy. Anyway, maybe that sparked some ideas, at least.

@buniphuphu - Brilliant weigh-in! You are doing so great! 🎉🎈:smiley:

@raleighgirl09 - I love @TeresaW1020 's question about your overall goal.
    One thing I have done in the past is find a magazine photo of the body I wanted, and then keep that goal image where I can check in and see it regularly. Over the last year and a half, it was not a picture so much as a set of health issues I wanted to resolve. It could be having a copy of your blood work or some other health report where you can see it, if that's a thing. Do you have a clear sense of what you want, and why, and a way to get reminded?

@hinemoa2088 - Up just a bit. That happens on the journey. Keep working your plan! If there is anyway we can support you this coming week, let us know!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:
    Calories: under (39 net carbs! :o Who knew balsamic vinegar was so high in carbs! NOT me!! :/ )
    Exercise: I helped hubby hang a bunch of pictures and then I cleaned the kitchen. I also danced this morning as I taught the kids in church. B)

Day one of the no sugar challenge complete!! I had my cup of afternoon coffee with no dark chocolate and I ate my meals without following up with two or four cinnamon mints.

@AustinRuadhain, yayyy for joining us in the NO SUGAR CHALLENGE!! I have to limit the same things as well. And it seems I need to balsamic vinegar too! :p

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 3 (20Sep2019) a day late!
    Previous Weight: 207.4
    Current Weight 208.6

remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

I am totally going in the wrong direction! And I get it - the calories are up more days than down in the last week, sodium, too, and way less exercise. UGH. Looked back at my last MFP leg of the journey and it was about 5 months and then I started having small lapses and then big ones and then....petered out. Here at 5 months, or so, and there isn't any reason to do that again. I don't know why I seem to be falling back - but I need to get a handle on it.

Make this time different. You can’t leave the team!!! It sounds like you know exactly what to do to improve next week. If you need to change one thing at a time to get through this 5 month challenge that’s fine. Whatever you think will help you stick with it.

What’s your overall fat loss goal?

@Kres567 thanks so much! I won't be leaving the team - but I am coming to some stunning conclusions about the 'big' loss many years ago as it relates to 2 years ago on MFP and now on MFP. I'll be writing that to my blog and I'll share - such a long train of thought... => But I have struggled and it seemed it started creeping up a few weeks ago - with just wanting to eat. Cravings, but less cravings for food and more like craving to eat. Don't know what it's about, I have just logged it, although sometimes late and that also doesn't help. I have had a couple of days, now, where it feels good again to not be doing that. Not eating out of boredom, stress, unhappiness, yaddayadda - but also can't say what it is, only what it isn't. Must continue stewing on it and take it a day at a time. You are always kind and helpful, I appreciate that!

I don't want to state a loss goal, honestly. My weight is having some wide swings and not making a goal is not making any of this (whole darn thing) easier so for now my goals will be centered around...I don't know what. Doing well for the moment and looking to do the same in the next one.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I am totally going in the wrong direction! And I get it - the calories are up more days than down in the last week, sodium, too, and way less exercise. UGH. Looked back at my last MFP leg of the journey and it was about 5 months and then I started having small lapses and then big ones and then....petered out. Here at 5 months, or so, and there isn't any reason to do that again. I don't know why I seem to be falling back - but I need to get a handle on it.

@raleighgirl09, then let us help you get a handle on what is going on. <3 Losing weight is the hardest thing most of us will ever do! I've been trying to get to my goal weight for 40 years!! There have been months and even years when I have given up and the only thing that accomplished was gaining even more weight. So, in 2017, I made a vow to myself, my husband, and God that I was NOT giving up! I've had setbacks and struggles. I've even changed my plan completely several times, but I don't give up! You can't either. Take a look at your plan and see if you need to tighten it up, tweak it, or change it altogether. Weight loss is not about motivation. It's about commitment and consistency. You can do it!!

Join our 10-day NO SUGAR CHALLENGE! Just see if that will be the kick in the pants you need. :)

@TeresaW1020 it is - it so is. And it doesn't matter how long I've been at it and the success I've had and what I know...I can still trip on a speck of dust, it seems. Your story sounds a lot like mine! I agree, I need to really look at what I am doing and figure out what it is that could be better overall to maintain many, many days of sticking to it, in a row. I *can* do it - and I am so grateful for you and the team reminding me of that!

I'm sorry to say that the 10 day challenge is not a sustainable one for me as it will be too restrictive. Mostly related to my morning coffee and evening drink and those are rituals I really look forward to and those have helped me remain sane and lose weight - most recent history, notwithstanding. Overall, allowing myself to keep those has been a big component of me being successful for the long haul.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in:

Calories: under. Day 1 of no sugar done. Stuck to my plan and avoided the pantry!
    Water: okay - have to drink more tomorrow
    Exercise: cleaned the house; up and down the stairs so many times

Goals for Monday:
    1. Drink 100oz of water
    2. Complete day 2 no sugar
    3. Work out on the elliptical

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Sept 2019
    Sunday
    PW 163.8
    CW 163 3

Not much change but didn't eat well. I have trouble eating my meals in 10 mins. I don't feel full or hungry afterwards but still want to eat. I think I like munching but not chewing my food slowly.

I have tried watching videos to make eating process longer - but I just leave my food getting cold. I notice I have a belief to eat quickly as food should be hot.

Since I have been eating soup this week - maybe that's why I don't feel full. The favourite part of the meal is chewing the side of bread with the soup.

Has anyone else been a person who likes munching on food but not chewing mindfully? Any suggestion on how to appreciate food than just feel like a task tonbe completed quickly?

I've been thinking about your post. For me, I do best eating a lot of food, which means a lot of vegetables! I try to get decent protein too. I still try to pay attention to how full I feel. Examples of recent meals are about a pound of vegetables with eggs, yogurt an apple and a pear, large spring green salads with lots of diced vegetables beans and sunflower seeds, and salmon or beans with half a plate of roasted veggies. I do well most of the time eating this way. I usually avoid distractions when I'm eating so I can enjoy my food. Sounds geeky but when i eat my salad at lunch i actually think of how it's nourishing my body. If I'm in the mood for snacking, I'll have frozen blueberries or cut-up vegetables with Tajin on them or dip them in a yogurt dressing. Now where I run into trouble is when I'm out-of-town and don't have my own food or healthy stuff to order from a menu! Being used to a lot of food isn't good at buffets! So while I have a good plan and like what I eat daily, I struggle when out of my routine. And they say to wait 20 minutes before getting seconds, I do think that helps.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise bike
    Calories under
    Water over
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    Monday 9/23 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Weight: 202.6
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Right at
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macro/micros :
    Exercise:

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Gym at lunch
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water

• mrmcgrath
    Options
    Hoping you all have a fantastic day!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

@Apple852hk - Hurray for the weigh-in! Brilliant! 🎇:smiley:
    If it is chewing you particularly like, can you find some foods that are not calorie dense to include in meals? Maybe high fiber roasted or lightly steamed veggies? Baby carrots?
    Would something like putting down your utensils between each bite help slow you down?
    Check in with yourself after each bite has been chewed and swallowed, asking yourself how full you feel?
    Other ideas (some pretty wild, but I am a pretty silly person, so take or leave as you like):
    Putting down your utensils and then doing something else for a moment, like talking to others at the table?
    Pretend to be a food critic and grade your dish on spices, style, substance, stopping to describe after you eat the first bite or two? ✔️
    Try eating with chopsticks? 🥢
    Downton Abbey dinner, where you practice super-formal etiquette and dab with a napkin after each bite? One could even dress for dinner... 🍽️
    Okay, I am probably getting to silly (creative?). I work with kids and would totally do these things, but they may sound too crazy. Anyway, maybe that sparked some ideas, at least.

Thank you @AustinRuadhain for your thoughtful suggestions. You always give great advice.

I eat celery to help me get my chewing fix. I need to learn to dab with napkin at every bite.

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 196.8
    Weigh in Week 1 (9/2): 198.2
    Weigh in Week 2 (9/9): 198.4
    Weigh in Week 3 (9/16):199.0
    Weigh in Week 4 (9/23): 197.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Calories: on target, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (110 min); outdoor date walk with husband (30 min)
    Steps: over (working on a 30 day streak; completed day 4 of 30)
    Martial Arts: Yes! Yay!
    Self Care: win - 10 min meditation session; boo - got to bed late

Monday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: martial arts class
    Steps: at least 7500 (goal: day 5 of 30)
    Self Care: 10 min meditation session; get to bed by 11:30
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 4 MOD CHALLENGE
    HOW OLD WOULD YOU BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765758/week-4-mod-challenge-how-old/p1?new=1
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: September 22nd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: yes
    Exercise: walking
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4