Today's Goals - What are yours?

Options

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    For today:
    • 13,000+ steps - 15,000! I think my previous high before was 12,000ish.
    • Couch to 5k Week 5 day 2 - done
    • Stay under 2000 calories - 1800
    • Mow the lawn tonight - tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Way to go @merph518
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Goals today (Mon 16th Sept)
    > 10000 Steps :)
    > Yoga before bed :)
    > Accurate logging :)

11000 steps done, got my yoga in, logging was somewhat difficult as MFP had a bit of a fit last night and decided it didn't want to log in on the app or web version, got there in the end though.

Today's Goals (Tues 17th Sept)
    > 10000 Steps :|
    > Accurate logging :)
    > Take it easy on alcohol (have a free pint from last week and may win more this evening at Music Bingo) :)

Did ok on steps but didn't make 10000 as I got a lift home from work, so was closer to 8000. I logged everything as best I could as ate dinner out, but presume I well overestimated. Had only my free pint and then went onto water.

Today's goals (Weds 18th September):
    > 8000 steps
    > Accurate logging
    > Yoga before bed
    > Strength Training
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Today’s Goals - Love myself, by always being patient, kind and understanding with myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my actions, and my results. Commit to my plan for the day. Modify my plan for tomorrow. Practice listening to my bodies hunger and fullness signals. Spend 5 minutes in a Grateful Meditation. Spend 5 minutes visualizing/imagining myself having achieved my weight loss goal. Spend 5 minutes writing down the actions I took to achieve my goal. Tell my wife and kids individually that I love them, and that they are perfect in each and every way, here, now, and always.
    Yesterday Assessment - Ate -2 to 2 Breakfast, -2 to 3 for Lunch & -1 to 4 for Dinner. Only got 72 ounces of water. I am looking to create an action plan for the period from 4 to 6pm. At times I get hungry in this period, and if I don’t eat until dinner, I get overly hungry, so basically I eat snacks, then I’m not as hungry at dinner and sometimes overeat at dinner because I do to not adjust my portion size accordingly. Commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles or options that stand between you and your goals! Failure is ok, as long as I fail forward!
  • merph518
    Options
    Yesterday Assessment - Ate -2 to 2 Breakfast, -2 to 3 for Lunch & -1 to 4 for Dinner.

@Satisfiedwithbetter I'm curious what this means. Would you mind explaining these numbers/ratings?

• amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    yesterday I biked 24 miles (work commute plus a group ride in the evening), so I'm gunna maybe take it easy-ish today.

goals:
    10k steps
    1500-1600 cals
    relax tonight
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My goals today:
    Water jogging/swimming 😊done
    Stay within my caloric goal
    Up my water intake
    Work in my CBT workbook
    Update my to do list
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    05ar1a6ejniw.jpeg

Here is what I was talking about -2 to 2
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    My goal today was to go to the dentist without becoming extra anxious and I made it!....enjoyed the day with my husband and took the dog for a ride in the car.....prepare a healthy and delicious dinner which I am working on!.....be happy and kind....drink lots of water....enjoy a little alone time later today.....listen to my grand children’s stories about their day at school...and listen to my daughter tell me about her day with her students!....be thankful I do not work at a job anymore!
  • merph518
    Options
    @Satisfiedwithbetter Interesting, never seen that before. Thanks for sharing.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Differentiating why you are eating or why you want to eat is a big part. Sometimes it’s out of boredom, sometimes it’s to temporarily buffer feelings, sometimes it’s out of habit. Sometimes it’s from dehydration or a lack of certain nutrients. If it’s physical hunger your body typically tells you, if your listening. The harder part for me is determining when Im satisfied. This is an awareness process that I am practicing every time I eat in an effort to become more connected to my bodies needs, and portion sizes because my portions have been so far out of whack for so much time.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    My goals today are to clean the house ( done! ).....be more patient with others, eat healthy and enjoy my meals,take some time to reflect on the progress I have made and think about how I can continue this journey successfully....write down a few things I have done differently this time to keep motivated....focus on today and not get carried away thinking too far ahead....one day at a time slow and steady!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    yesterday I biked 24 miles (work commute plus a group ride in the evening), so I'm gunna maybe take it easy-ish today.

goals:
    10k steps :) 12k
    1500-1600 cals :/ 1700, but I'm ok with it
    relax tonight :)

similar goals for today, plus a little extra riding on the way home hopefully.
  • merph518
    Options
    @amkita I'm so jealous of your ability to commute via bike. Back when I lost weight the first time in 2009-2010, I was about 9 miles from my work and that made for a perfect bike commute -- especially since my work had a shower.

Since then, we've moved and my work has moved. My commute via car is about 40 minutes, which isn't doable by bike in any reasonable amount of time.

My goals for today:
    • Couch to 5k Week 5 Day 3 (done!)
    • 10,000+ steps
    • Keep it under 2,000 calories.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    We had a bereavement in the family yesterday so my goal today is to get through it without getting too emotional and to enjoy the beer festival I'm going to this evening in moderation.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Huge day today! I need to show up for myself. I am perfect and at the top of my game! I am now creating the life of my dreams in an easy and relaxed manner and in a healthy and positive way!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Satisfiedwith I love your positive motivation!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    We had a bereavement in the family yesterday so my goal today is to get through it without getting too emotional and to enjoy the beer festival I'm going to this evening in moderation.

Take care of yourself and your family during this very hard time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Today's goals (Mon 23rd Sept):

> 6000 Steps
    > Strength Training
    > Accurate Logging

@Jackie9003 Sorry for your loss :/
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, the shock has worn off a bit now and the weekend was a write off.
    Back to logging properly today and a nice walk into work.
    Definitely time to reflect and refocus on my ultimate goal!