Mon: yes/yes/no
    Tue: yes/yes/yes
    Wed: yes/yes/yes
    Thu: no/yes/no
    Fri: no/no/no
    Sat: no/no/yes

Water
    Wed: 16 Thu: 12 Fri: 12 Sat: 3

Yesterday was Irish Weekend at the Jersey Shore. It’s the unofficial closing of the shore season and basically another St Paddy’s day. Work for a beer company and basically everything is free. And I handled it terribly. Only ate one meal, only had water when I woke up (unless you count Truly hard seltzer water) and barely slept.
    And i’ll know why when I cry about my weigh in on Friday

@erikNJ Sounds like a wonderful time and I can imagine it would have been difficult to control yourself. I do find it interesting that you had Truly when you work for a beer company?? Is there a connection there?

I’m sure with your hard work this week you can reverse any damage done and still have a great weigh-in on Friday - plenty of time.

Truly is made by Sam Adams. Most seltzers or fruity malt drinks are made by beer companies. We distribute hundreds of different projects
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    New Question of The Week even though the new week hasn’t quite started yet and this is a deep one so be prepared -

How do you handle it emotionally when you think you’ve done awesome all week long and the scale doesn’t reflect your hard work?

I know we’ve had some members that have gone through this before and it’s happened to me this week. I feel like all my work was for nothing and I just want to give up. (It doesn’t help that my husband tells me he lost 4 pounds this week. Happy for him but so frustrated for me.)

Any words of wisdom??

for me - it is kind of the same as what I said for weighing daily vs weekly... and what I realized with my own body. It helped me figure out that sometimes it isn't all about that number at that second on that day.. but overall about how I feel/look. I also measure once a month - my weight may not change but my measurements have. It is crazy to see the changes sometimes when the weight is the same. I have stayed reasonably the same weight over a couple years gaining/losing but the changes good/bad in my measurements reflect my movement or lack there of more than the scale sometimes.

Biggest issue for me is when hubs says oh gotta lose weight - and next week oh lost that 5 lbs... yeah thanks bud... :'(
  • sandkp
    Options
    the entire weekend got away from me with family life - got on to read some but like I said friday, I didn't trust my phone to just magically erase what I typed out. Hope all had a good weekend. I kept busy between the fair with my youngest and a 8 hour round trip ride to see my guy play his college soccer game (which he got hurt 1min 57 sec into the game and never came back in :'( ) So while we spent time with him and I delivered his request (mom, can you bring me ground venison?) and we had dinner, I am now on the search for an orthopedic for this one. (note I have one appt for little man for wed with one of our two local orthopedics that work on him - hip and knee). We are definitely familiar with these docs and sport injuries - just hate to see any more. So if you think of it and are willing prayers and thoughts or even just sprinkles and well wishes for it to be a deep bruise vs anything else would be appreciated.

off to try to respond/catch up on some of these posts - not sure I will catch them all but going to grab a couple today :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 congrats on the car and the jump into onederland - wishing you luck for tomorrows weigh in!
  • sandkp
    Options
    @swauters so sorry to hear about your kitty - It is one of the hardest things to go through for the family - our fur babies are so very loved. hugs to you
  • sandkp
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Last: 244.4
    This: 243.9

This is so dumb. Overall I felt I had a pretty good week. Even on my bad personal days I stuck with my diet and I increased the intensity of my workouts. How many months have you guys watched me linger between 242 and 246?

@erikNJ @erikNJ I apologize for losing my response to you on Friday - I know how hard you have been working and that you have been struggling a bit. I had a really great response that I cannot duplicate (must have been the great lake view and just sittin on the pier type of incentive that made it sound so good!) While I have seen you here for a bit, know I have been bouncing around for a couple years back and forth in this same weight range. I know sometimes it is my head and sometimes my heart that sabotage me. I also know I CAN do it when I get it all right. Having said that, while you have been bouncing here, from reading your posts it seems you are working on getting your plans, your head and your heart right. It is falling into place. You recognize triggers and your mistakes and make moves to correct them. WE are never a perfect person - and we have to just make the changes and moves to keep us focused in the right direction. I see it happening for you - hang in there and keep doing what you are doing. One thing that helped me was doing measurements in addition to weight - I have seen my weight the same but my measurements have changed. When you think you are making progress or doing well and that number doesn't move, sometimes those small changes in the body help me. one last note - the number at that second on that day isn't there to define you. Don't let it discount all the progress you make.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @swauters I’m so sorry for you all 😞 Sending you love at what will be a really tough time. Take care x
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    To the team:
    Thank you for all the support. Your kind words mean a lot.
    My family will be looking for another cat soon. I know that seems quickly, but our dog is already lying around sad, my grandson (with mental disabilities) is trying to process, and I live in an area that is quickly becoming infested with rats... not a horrible area, but not great, and close to a river.

As for me- I am back at it after one horrible weekend of eating, steps, and exercise.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @swauters : sorry to hear and yes to the journey of finding a new one.
    @brandi_84: it's so hard as dairy is always good and wheat is officially in everything. But the chickpea pastas, bean chips, and other alternatives have been good. I have yet to find good gluten-free bed however. Good luck!!

Also, I arrived at my target weight as that was when I felt my absolute healthiest (bt 197-200) and fearless for all types of physical activity.

Tracked, yoga, and under. Some red wine will take me to the at ;) Also, just really PROUD of us for showing up!!
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone for suddenly disappearing on you there in the middle. I ended with a forced hospitalization. The police told me I could go voluntarily with EMS or I could go involuntarily with cuffs in the back of the squad car and be placed on a mandatory hold. You can guess which one I chose. That was a Saturday night at about 9 pm, I was released about two weeks later. In some ways better. Also, I have now had my surgery on my wrist and elbow. I already have some feeling back in the other half of my left hand. Still a three months recovery time, but nice to know it's helping already. I do plan to sign back up for next month.

You guys have all been doing so fantastic this month. I'm so proud of you all sticking it through come what may!
    @swauters - I am so sorry to hear about your cat's death. I know how hard that is, but definitely allow yourself to grieve. Our pets are members of our family too.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @swauters : sorry to hear and yes to the journey of finding a new one.
    @brandi_84: it's so hard as dairy is always good and wheat is officially in everything. But the chickpea pastas, bean chips, and other alternatives have been good. I have yet to find good gluten-free bed however. Good luck!!

Also, I arrived at my target weight as that was when I felt my absolute healthiest (bt 197-200) and fearless for all types of physical activity.

Tracked, yoga, and under. Some red wine will take me to the at ;) Also, just really PROUD of us for showing up!!

@ForLangston congratulations on reaching your target weight!!!!! Are you planning on continuing losing weight or going into maintenance? What a wonderful way to finish up the day with some wine!🍷
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/22/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps ~5100
    Water: can't remember but I logged it, I think 64?

9/23/19
    Steps: 11663(currently)
    Water: 104(done for the night, or I'll never sleep!)

I took the older pup for the long walk tonight(about 2-2.5 miles), my little baby(who is growing so fast!) Was being very stubborn, and I gave up and we turned back to walk to the house(maybe .25miles?). I am trying to get him into an evening walk routine, but some days he just doesn't want to, and it makes me sad!

The overnight oats I made kept me perfectly full yesterday morning until lunch and today until almost dinner! I made a double batch tonight so I can have that until Friday. My boyfriend is leaving for Georgia on Wednesday with our older dog, so it will just be the little one and me, and I have no idea what I will be doing for meals. That is something I will have to think about tomorrow when I pick up some goodies to make and send with him for the car ride!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Sorry everyone for suddenly disappearing on you there in the middle. I ended with a forced hospitalization. The police told me I could go voluntarily with EMS or I could go involuntarily with cuffs in the back of the squad car and be placed on a mandatory hold. You can guess which one I chose. That was a Saturday night at about 9 pm, I was released about two weeks later. In some ways better. Also, I have now had my surgery on my wrist and elbow. I already have some feeling back in the other half of my left hand. Still a three months recovery time, but nice to know it's helping already. I do plan to sign back up for next month.

You guys have all been doing so fantastic this month. I'm so proud of you all sticking it through come what may!
    @swauters - I am so sorry to hear about your cat's death. I know how hard that is, but definitely allow yourself to grieve. Our pets are members of our family too.

@dymphnadaniels I am glad to see you back! I am happy to hear that you got the help you needed(for the most part). Please continue to use the help that they have given you to get you back into a good mindset! Be careful with your healing hand/wrist!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 congrats on the car and the jump into onederland - wishing you luck for tomorrows weigh in!

@sandkp Thank you! I am hoping it's in my favor tomorrow! I bumped back up into the 2s(salty food instantly reacts with me) but have had plenty of water and am hoping I did the right things today!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    9/20/19
    Steps: 10,213
    Water: 86

Yesterday was a definitely interesting day! I drove my boyfriends car to the garage after work(small problem and needed recalls fixed). We have been talking about getting a bigger car(we both have sedans), and we ended up browsing and trading in my car for a newer, lower miles(only 30 and I was almost at 100k), SUV. It has perfect room for the doggies and everything we had wanted. With all the car browsing I was able to get my steps up, but the puppies weren't too happy that we were gone for so long!

I weigh in daily for my own personal benefit, and my weigh has been dropping a lot this week(extra activity, even better food choices, and drinking only water or iced tea 95% of the week.) This morning I hopped on to see a 1 in front of the number(199.4!), so I hope my food choices and activity remain smart over the next few days and I can have an even better loss come my official weigh in on Tuesday!

Fantastic scale victory! I know you have worked so hard and it has really showed.

That's awesome that you got a new vehicle. SUVs are a must for my family. There is more than enough room for people but just the right amount of room for the pups.

@brandi_84 Thank you so much!

The new SUV is great! We aren't planning on any additions to the family(besides pups) until we get married, but we are at the point where we are planning for the future(it really is the perfect car for when THAT time comes). For now, the space in the back is perfect for the dogs to jump around and look out the window! Currently the only "problem" is deciding who takes which car to work :lol: I'm hogging it until he takes it down to Georgia Wednesday evening! I work about 5 minutes from the house, so the SUV will be his in the winter, with the AWD!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    the entire weekend got away from me with family life - got on to read some but like I said friday, I didn't trust my phone to just magically erase what I typed out. Hope all had a good weekend. I kept busy between the fair with my youngest and a 8 hour round trip ride to see my guy play his college soccer game (which he got hurt 1min 57 sec into the game and never came back in :'( ) So while we spent time with him and I delivered his request (mom, can you bring me ground venison?) and we had dinner, I am now on the search for an orthopedic for this one. (note I have one appt for little man for wed with one of our two local orthopedics that work on him - hip and knee). We are definitely familiar with these docs and sport injuries - just hate to see any more. So if you think of it and are willing prayers and thoughts or even just sprinkles and well wishes for it to be a deep bruise vs anything else would be appreciated.

off to try to respond/catch up on some of these posts - not sure I will catch them all but going to grab a couple today :)

@sandkp I can completely relate to the many visits to the ortho with two of my kids in sports (son had ACL twice and daughter had meniscus and hip labrum). It’s bad when you start to have his number on speed dial. Praying his injury is minor and quick to heal.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    9/23/19
    Yes/yes/yes
    Steps 18045. Fitbit says 88 flights of stairs. We went on waterfall road trip and had multiple steps up and down. Beautiful fall day in upper Michigan.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    9/23
    no/no/yes
    1 yes is better than no yesses.
  • Audgiebug
    Audgiebug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    audgiebug
    Monday
    Previous week: 294.4