MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the OCTOBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the OCTOBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for OCTOBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS
Β«13456729

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @renaegry
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    0arpef5ozvc7.png
    WELCOME TO THE THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE

IF YOU ALL HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE YOU ALL KNOW WHO I AM AND WHAT I AM ALL ABOUT. SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR ME TO REPEAT MYSELF.

MANY OF YOU MAY NOT KNOW, BUT I HAVE BEEN HANDED OVER THE OWNERSHIP OF THIS CHALLENGE BY IT'S FOUNDER @mari_moulin.. MY INTENTION IS TO MAKE THIS CHALLENGE AS A WHOLE AND EACH TEAM THE VERY BEST THEY CAN BE WITH GREAT LEADERSHIP AND A ACTIVELY INVOLVED TEAM.

AS A TEAM/GROUP WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME WEEKLY/ MONTHLY CHALLENGES. AS ALWAYS THEY ARE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. HOWEVER THE MORE YOU ARE IN THEM THE MORE YOU GET MOTIVATED TO MEET THE GOALS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.

NOW LETS GET OUT THERE AND LOSE SOME WIGHT,GET HEALTHIER, AND HAVE SOME FUN WHILE DOING IT.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sunday (Aus) Check-in
    Calories: well over
    Water: over
    Exercise: 10K steps including taking the dogs for a walk in the park

I have realized that I need to handle my stress better, yesterday wasn't the best day and I could have handled it better. I overate waiting for a phone call.

I know that I do better when everything is right in my world. Going back to work next week and I will spend to day putting some strategies together as I work in a environment that can be very stressful.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK 4 FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

r7ic1q0jva3k.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    INDIVIDUAL % @Katmary71 5.70%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @Katmary71 7.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST21.2 POUNDS OR 0.09% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.53%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.08%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 21.6
    2nd WaistAways 5.3
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Katmary71 5.70%
    2nd @raleighgirl09 2.06%
    3rd @mrshadsall 1.69%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Katmary71 7.8
    2nd @raleighgirl09 4.3
    3rd @mrshadsall 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @Barbb1557
    @amytriesww
    @LovebyDraug69
    @LonniJay
    @hinemoa2088
    @171Lake
    @vikster1111
    @kdv12
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GRAND FINALE FOR THE
    2hmaykleebnd.jpg
    WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

thibr0uuomzw.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 166.8 POUNDS OR 0.69% !!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 1.00%
    INDIVIDUAL % @buniphuphu 6.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 44.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @buniphuphu 16.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Workout Warriors 1.00%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.72%
    2nd Weight No More 0.72%
    3rd Trimstones 0.70%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 44.7
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 29.2
    3rd Weight No More 28.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @buniphuphu 6.18%
    2nd @amytriesww 6.01%
    3rd @Katmary71 5.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @buniphuphu 16.2
    2nd @amytriesww 14.8
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 9.5

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @cafelelia
    @Luciicul
    @kdv12
    @TheMrWobbly
    @SLIMN2016
    @Mulecanter
    @raleighgirl09
    @megnolia82
    @LiveLaughLove1969

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sunday 9/29 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.4
    Todays Weight:

Welcome to all of our new members!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sunday 9/29
    Username: its_cleo
    Weigh in week: Oct (week 1)
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 157.4
    Todays's weight: 155.6

I think that was mostly water weight I lost but oh well it's something I guess.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @navydaddyjtc - Thank you so much for taking on ownership of the Fat2Fit challenge! We so appreciate the love and energy you put into this! πŸ₯°

@Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 - Congratulations on being on the Week 4 leaderboard! You have both been inspiring me with all your work on health and fitness. I am so glad that work is showing up on the scale for you! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽˆ

@buniphuphu , @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 - Congratulations on being on the leaderboard for the entire month of September! Again, all of you are so inspiring! And yay, Slimpossibles! Our team is down 29 pounds for the month! Wow! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

@Kres567 - to follow up on a note of your at the end of the September discussion -- it's snowing already where you are? Wow! So, I live in central Texas. We are excited that fall is here. We can tell because the highs for the day are starting to be below 38C/100F. Woohoo! In fairness, this is not a suprise. Our latitude (distance from the equator) is about the same as that for Cairo, Egypt. So, yeah, no snow here yet! 🀣🀣🀣

@TeresaW1020 - Wow! Thank you for taking on a Step Challenge for October! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ That is so generous of you! I'll play! My goal is 7500 steps/day. πŸ‘ŒπŸ––

@Apple852hk and @digger61 - Good job holding steady this week! You are both down so much, and have both put so much into improving your health. Your persistence is inspiring! πŸ˜„

@buniphuphu - Wow! What a great weigh-in! Looking at your post reminded me that you are down over 75 pounds now. How are you feeling? And are you suffering through the inconvenience of needing new clothes? 😎

@ka97 - We understand about your needing to step away. Feel free to stop by to say hello anytime! πŸ€—πŸ‘

@hinemoa2088 - Wow! Brilliant weigh-in! Congratulations! πŸ₯³

@its_cleo - Congratulations on the happy number for your weigh-in! Okay, water 🌊 may be part of that, but we're delighted for you anyway! πŸŽ‰

@TrishasTime - I am so impressed at your checking in and reflecting and making time to think about strategies for improvement this week. What a great way to react to having a day that did not go as well as you wanted! πŸ‘πŸ½
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the results for September team!!! 2nd place overall!!! Woohoo!!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: Β»

Great challenge @jugar!! Check it out team - looks fun and doable!
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    jugar wrote: Β»

Great challenge!!!!

@AustinRuadhain I am from Texas, too! More North Central Texas than Central. I just looked at the 10 day weather and we are to be in the 80’s by the end of the week! Finally some relief for 100+ everyday!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I’m so excited for a new month and for us all to move closer to our goals. Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!! :)

I am Teresa a Slimpossible captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain. <3 We are looking for one more Motivator. If you are interested please message myself or @broncobuddee. I know a few of you who would fit the role perfectly! B)

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - this is something the team captains post. We’ve fallen behind a little on these challenges with so many other things happening in the challenge. If you have any suggestions for challenges, please post here or send me a message.

Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

I’ll go ahead with introduction

Hello, my name is Teresa! :) I’m a 53-year-old wife and mother to a fur baby named Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my church and a 3rd to 5th grade Sunday school teacher. My husband and I just recently sold our home and bought a new one and we are currently in the process of hanging pictures and trying to figure out where we put stuff.

I’ve been a member of Team Slimpossibles for well over a year or so and just became one of the team captains last month. I am excited for the opportunity to serve this team and in the process try to keep myself motivated on my own weight loss.

I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my life and in 2017 got serious enough to join Weight Watchers. That lasted for over 2 years and I lost 50 lbs. in that time. I have another 40 or so to go and my current weight loss plan is intermittent fasting and Keto (with a carb day thrown in here and there). I usually work out on my treadmill but just signed up today for Beachbody and am looking forward to adding more to my workout routine and seeing what that does for me.

As one of your captains, I promise to stay active in the group and do my best to keep you all motivated and committed to your health goals. I also think it would be a whole lot of fun if we continually beat all the other teams in most weight loss. Are you with me!! B)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in:
    Calories: under
    Exercises: Just helping hubby hang more pictures and some dancing with the kids in children's church. :D

Today, I got my workout room all ready to go!! My new treadmill arrives next week and I signed up today for the Beachbody on Demand. A friend told me it was soooo worth the cost so I'm going to give it a try. Does anyone use it? I'm going to start tomorrow when I come home from work with the 21 Day Fix. Pray, I don't kill myself! :D

October Step Challenge

So far I have @TrishasTime (10K steps), @Kres567 (when she gets her Fitbit), @mrmcgrath, @its_cleo (if she can use her phone as a tracker) and @raleighgirl09 (10,500 You go, girl!)

Who else wants to join in? The challenge begins on Tuesday, October 1st and will run through the whole month. You record your total steps each day (or when you remember too ;) ) and I will keep track and update us all. I will also help to remind and keep us all motivated! Let's get fit and lose some weight this month!! B)
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the step challenge! Thank you @TeresaW1020 for setting this up. My daily goal is 10,500 steps.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can use my phone. My goal is 7000 steps.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Calories: under
    Exercise: None - it was a planned rest day
    Goals or Improvements: Get 10K steps in and plan for going back to work after 3 weeks break

Someone mention snowing - we are moving into summer here in Australia :)
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    I’ll set my step goal to 7500
This discussion has been closed.