MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check-in 29Sep2019

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

Calories: under
    Exercise: yes and yes - walking and biking!
    Goals: live the motto, engage in step challenge, continue the now 8 day step spree of at least 10,000 steps, continue walking the walk by not allowing work and daily life prevent my exercise

Work is becoming more bearable! Weather is becoming cooler! My goal is to be mindful and intentional in actions, both for me and for others.

My background for new folks: big loser from years ago but continue to struggle with a good chunk of yo-yo weight. Currently down about 30 pounds; I follow calorie counting and doing what works for me from what I learned years ago and yesterday (and a moment ago). I learn from my successes and my set-backs - neither define me and I am left to my own steam on a daily basis. Always happy to have new friends, send a friend request to me if you feel the same. =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    Water: over
    Exercise: None - it was a planned rest day
    Goals or Improvements: Get 10K steps in and plan for going back to work after 3 weeks break

Someone mention snowing - we are moving into summer here in Australia :)

Happy summer!! Always welcome when it's been cold for a million years (or so it feels)!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - Thanks, fearless captain, for kicking off the October Slimpossibles conversation!

Introduction
    Hi, I'm Austin! I joined the Fat2Fit group about a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 140 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached my initial goal. I am now working on to build muscle and fitness. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.
    ** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."

October Step Challenge
    Thanks so much for setting this up, Teresa! I'm in. My goal is 7500 steps/day.

@Trishastime - Brilliant! Congratulations on a great weigh-in! And I loved seeing your daily check-in -- great goals!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    I’m in for the step challenge. 10,000 daily goal

• renaegry
    Sunday checkin

Calories: On par (under if you count the Fitbit adjustment)
    Water: Over
    Exercise: 25 min brisk walk 2.75 km
  • renaegry
    Good evening all. New to the group. 42 years old with 2 kids 14 and 11 and I am constantly on the go with them. Currently son has football practice every morning at 6:30 but we live 30 min away so our day starts at 5 am ( I’m not a morning person lol). Daughter is in competitive gymnastics in a town 35 min away and we do that 3-4 days a week.

I have around 15-20 lbs i would love to lose. And I am currently in the process of toning and gaining muscle. I use the app called Fitbod and absolutely love it. I also enjoy walking and jogging. September was a allow month really haven’t seen any progress and I am hoping October is a better month. Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Mondqy 9/30 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.4
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Ynder
    Water: over/under?Over
    Macro/micros : within range
    Steps : 7757
    Exercise: yoga, walking, barre video

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Just thought I would pop my head in as I have been MIA for a few months. Its lovely to see many familiar faces, and a lot of new ones and reading back on September, some wonderful successes.

I hope to be back soon :)

I've been away because I have been training and am off to run my first marathon in Loch Ness on the 6th of October. The help and support I have reived from this group has been invaluable!

If you believe you can do it, you can! If I can, anyone can!

You have been sooooo missed!!! I know that you are going to rock that marathon! B) Hurry back! <3

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Sunday Check in:
    Exercises: Just helping hubby hang more pictures and some dancing with the kids in children's church. :D

Today, I got my workout room all ready to go!! My new treadmill arrives next week and I signed up today for the Beachbody on Demand. A friend told me it was soooo worth the cost so I'm going to give it a try. Does anyone use it? I'm going to start tomorrow when I come home from work with the 21 Day Fix. Pray, I don't kill myself! :D

October Step Challenge

So far I have @TrishasTime (10K steps), @Kres567 (when she gets her Fitbit), @mrmcgrath, @its_cleo (if she can use her phone as a tracker) and @raleighgirl09 (10,500 You go, girl!)

Who else wants to join in? The challenge begins on Tuesday, October 1st and will run through the whole month. You record your total steps each day (or when you remember too ;) ) and I will keep track and update us all. I will also help to remind and keep us all motivated! Let's get fit and lose some weight this month!! B)

I want to join, please! My daily goal is set at 5500. @leonadixon
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW(9/23): 197.6
    Today's weight (9/30): 198.6

• TeresaW1020
    leonadixon wrote: »

I want to join, please! My daily goal is set at 5500. @leonadixon

I gotcha down! :)

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Yesterday
    Calories: Under
    Water: Over
    Steps : 10,975
    Exercise: walking,

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal (take a 2 min spin every 40 min to get away from desk)
    Lots of water
    Keep an eye out for stress eating

• TeresaW1020
    Monday Check in:
    Calories: under and
    Carbs: 12 total, 6 net
    Exercise: 25 minutes of the 21-day Fix on Beachbody on Demand. Soooo much fun!

So, I started working out today and on the first jump that lady on the TV did my knee let me know that we will NOT be jumping. Being so overweight for so many years has taken its toll on my poor knees. I'm hoping that with more weight loss and continued exercising I will one day jump and jump and jump.

Goals for tomorrow: do a 30 minute workout, meet my calorie and carb goals, meet my step goal, and help hubby put together our new TV stand!! It's in like a billion pieces! :#:D

STEP CHALLENGE FOR TOMORROW!

Please, when you record your steps bold the number so I don't miss you! Thanks and let's get stepping!! B)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'd love to be in the step challenge!!! My goal is 10K a day
  • TeresaW1020
    @TeresaW1020 I'd love to be in the step challenge!!! My goal is 10K a day

I will add you to the challenge!! 😊
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Exercise: None - it was a planned rest day
    Goals or Improvements: Get 10K steps in and plan for going back to work after 3 weeks break

Someone mention snowing - we are moving into summer here in Australia :)

I mentioned the snow. We got an earlier than normal winter storm - almost a foot of snow when we woke up this morning. Not fun!

Happy summer!! Always welcome when it's been cold for a million years (or so it feels)!!
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Just thought I would pop my head in as I have been MIA for a few months. Its lovely to see many familiar faces, and a lot of new ones and reading back on September, some wonderful successes.

I hope to be back soon :)

I've been away because I have been training and am off to run my first marathon in Loch Ness on the 6th of October. The help and support I have reived from this group has been invaluable!

If you believe you can do it, you can! If I can, anyone can!

Can’t wait to see you posting on here again @tess5036! Good luck at the marathon!
This discussion has been closed.