Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just started this month just done week 3! Looked at week 5 day 3 after reading some messages on here and now am scared 😂
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Did my first test post-cyclemania today of 6k down a wet beach front, which was a mix of 3k jogging, 2.5 jalking and 500m slow walking. Going to see what hurts in the morning before deciding which week to start back on.

How is everyone else doing?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    So I realised yesterday I cheated a bit jogging 1/2 mile and jalking 1/2 and repeat. I know today was supposed to be a rest day but I thought a cheeky 4k with a 1 mile continuous run in the middle would be more of a proper assessment. My body seems to have that 'give up' signal somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 mile and sure enough it was there and then disappeared just before the mile marker. I think I should try a proper run tomorrow.

So how is everyone else doing?
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Slipped in a pothole this morning so that cut my run short 🙄 going to go again tomorrow to make up for it.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Well that was a little unexpected. 7am, clear blue skies, 21 degrees C, my first 5k of the modern era along Ipenema beach promenade. Just started out to see how far I could go, followed some shapely figures for the last couple of k that kept my mind off stopping. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't quick but it was 5.04k. Now to repeat that under test conditions :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Not to sound like a broken record - HOW ARE YOU DOING?
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Nice run. I just worked out 3 different routes near where I live all about 5k so won’t get bored when I get there. Hoping it motivates me to keep going will eventually be able to do new routes.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    We're doing good - I was full of cold last week so only got one (4K) run in on Saturday. It's my other half's turn for the illness this week so am running solo this week - just did a 25m run (with an actual hill no less - have been avoiding those 🙂) which was 3.4k. I'm still not very fast but have done 4 5k runs so far and aiming to do a Parkrun most weekends (except this coming one when I have to work 😩)

Thinking of the 5-10k trainer next once we're both comfortable with the 3xweekly schedule
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a broken record - HOW ARE YOU DOING?

Haven't done by running for about 3 weeks, mostly due to weather! I am very limited with time and can only go in the evenings. So although I don't mind rain, I won't risk running in the rain AND dark. English weather :#
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Any chance of anything at a weekend @Pearl4686 ? I had to push mine to one run first thing Saturday and one last thing Sunday due to work pressures.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    @showjumper , @Just_Ceci , @savannahs21 - any progess? Is the weather still hindering things?
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly I quit a while ago. I felt super embarrassed so I didn't say anything.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @showjumper , @Just_Ceci , @savannahs21 - any progess? Is the weather still hindering things?

I have not run at all since Sept 14! All kinds of excuses, hot weather, allergies, etc.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    @savannahs21 in a group of 15.6k members you would be in the majority! I'll drop you a PM :)
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Joined my first parkrun this morning and my running seems to get uglier! I found someone going at what I felt was my pace, I thought it was two laps of the park and when I was about 100m into the second lap the leaders came past me and I realised it was three laps and the shock gave me a stitch so I started following someone going slower. 31:38 was my time on the phone but I haven't got anything official yet. Not even sure how it works but someone scanned something so I'll find out later.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Joined my first parkrun this morning and my running seems to get uglier! I found someone going at what I felt was my pace, I thought it was two laps of the park and when I was about 100m into the second lap the leaders came past me and I realised it was three laps and the shock gave me a stitch so I started following someone going slower. 31:38 was my time on the phone but I haven't got anything official yet. Not even sure how it works but someone scanned something so I'll find out later.
    That’s a great time! My PB at Parkrun is currently 34:52. My first week was over 39 minutes and I’ve improved the more often I go. Chat with the other runners to find out about events in your area. Mine got me connected with a local workshop through the runners association to improve my 5k time
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I was pleased with my time especially for my first official 5k in over two decades. I came 32nd in my age group. Unfortunately it turns out that was out of 32 though at least I meant someone else didn't come last and I bet they feel good for it.

Haha at least you see funny side! Well done for finishing, I think you did great!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Today was supposed to be W6D3 though I have to help out at a local centre tonight, might have to push it back until tomorrow.