☑️Track: Partly
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Walking
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    After seeing my race photo Oh my god, is that really how I look? I look so bottom heavy. My thighs look too big. I don't look like the other runners. Maybe that's why everyone was staring at me. Maybe they thought I was too fat to be a runner. Maybe they doubted I could finish. I don't look like a runner.

I HATE that after working for so long and so hard to lose 82lbs, my mind still goes there. I just achieved a great personal accomplishment and in one moment, I went from pride, self love and self acceptance, to such self criticism, negative self talk and almost shame. Just...be good to yourselves. However far you've come, and however far you still have to go. You are beautiful (yes, the men too), and you are worth it. Don't compare yourself to others. There's only one you, there's only one me. Are you trying harder today than you did maybe a year ago? A week ago? The fact is, we are HERE, we are trying every day to improve our health. We may never have the body we hoped for, or dreamed of, even after all the weight is lost. Are you stronger than you were yesterday? Are you still here tying? Then be proud. A single photo or a number on the scale will never define us or tell us who we are. I think who we are is pretty darn awesome. I'm going to Choose to focus on that. <3
    5sgw8rujdtcb.jpg

@143tobe I'm bottom heavy I am and damned proud of it. I look strong and I am strong and that's how you need to look at it if that's how you feel about it. My legs lift a couple hundred pounds and also me every day and I am extremely happy with my muscle.

Negative self talk has been a real struggle for me, soooo many times and it's starting to seem like every time I hit a plateau it's around the time I have doubts I can finish the job I started doing more than 2.5 years ago.

Another great point you made was about being here, and trying harder or being better than you were a week ago or a year ago, because the reality is that's what's really important. Comparing yourself to someone else isn't going to get you anywhere. You have to be happy with your progress and realize that this is YOUR journey and what you're doing is great and can't be minimized because you perceive someone else's success to be greater than your own.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: Pulled a muscle on my Jerk in my lower back, very rarely do I ever do this, and I knew I'd be sore but so I took a nice long bath which I assumed would help, but what I didn't anticipate was being sore in my legs considering this is a de-load week, but here it is, soreness in my inner thighs and lower back, not great considering this weekend I'll have a 5 yr old running around challenging me. I am just going to have to suck it up lol. Kids don't understand soreness and slow Aunts lol.
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215
    October Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 142.6 lbs
    CW: 134.8 lbs

I'll be honest here, I have literally no idea how this happened, it's way more than the math suggests I should have lost, but I will take it. Stood on the scale 3 times, same number so I guess it's right. The insane part is yesterday I was 138, guess I had a whoosh....despite pms and despite muscle soreness.......which typically makes me retain water not lose it....
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Oct week 1
    PW 178.3
    CW 180.1
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    I’m so tired of still struggling to get back my control. So very frustrating.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    October Week 1
    Saturday

I'll be honest here, I have literally no idea how this happened, it's way more than the math suggests I should have lost, but I will take it. Stood on the scale 3 times, same number so I guess it's right. The insane part is yesterday I was 138, guess I had a whoosh....despite pms and despite muscle soreness.......which typically makes me retain water not lose it....

Wow!!! Lots of great losses this week.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    October Week 1
    Saturday

This is completely insane! And awesome! Congratulations! We're so gonna win this week :D
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-In
    Calorie: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking weights
    Steps: 1006
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Sat
    Oct week 1
    PW 220
    CW 220
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    So this is my SECOND time because I found out why my posts weren't showing up. I press done instead of post reply. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Friday:
    Exercise: Slow stretching for time's race
    Track: yes
    Calories: over by 500 for tmw.

Saturday
    Exercise: 29 mile bike ride from hell
    Track: yes
    Calories Under

Notes That was my hardest bike ride ever. I did the Hotter than Hell Hundred and these 29 miles were harder than that. I'd do the HHH again before this one. 😳😳Hills, curves and 90° heat and crashing at mile 24. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Here's to pushing yourself beyond what you think you can do, and succeeding. Growth is good. 😁😁
  • Strawberry1101
    Strawberry1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 5th of Oct.

Current weight 18:11

Was really busy outside today so I ate at fast food a lot but I over ate massively today, I am going to have to walk it off some how, and try keep a low calorie defect for a few days again.

Going to be interesting when I measure my hips, waist and thighs, I normally trust this more of a way of tracking my goals but I don't think I will loose much on the scale.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 5 October

Track: No
    Calories: Under
    💬Comments: Today I ate 2 small slices of homemade sponge cake with icing/sprinkles and a bowl of homemade chicken casserole. I didn’t track but I really don’t think the above would be over 1200 calories. I bought my first slow cooker and I love it! I left the chicken casserole cooking all day and when I got home, the chicken was really tender and the potatoes and veg were just right. I’m going to search for new recipes that I can make in the slow cooker!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟Daily Post: Saturday, 5 October

Track: No
    Calories: Under
    💬Comments: Today I ate 2 small slices of homemade sponge cake with icing/sprinkles and a bowl of homemade chicken casserole. I didn’t track but I really don’t think the above would be over 1200 calories. I bought my first slow cooker and I love it! I left the chicken casserole cooking all day and when I got home, the chicken was really tender and the potatoes and veg were just right. I’m going to search for new recipes that I can make in the slow cooker!

I love my slow cooker. I don't do anything fancy, but it sure saves time!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    PW: 286
    CW: 290
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,728 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday October 4
    Track: Partly
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
    Comments: Had an awful day at work and didn't feel like doing anything when I got home. Decided to put my mental health first.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daily Post - Saturday October 5
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Comments: We are doing some home renos at the moment - putting in a butlers pantry in the kitchen. So today we worked on putting up the gyprock which involved a lot of getting up and down off the ground, lifting, carrying, holding etc. I got a decent energy expenditure, according to my apple watch, so I didn't do any other exercise today.
This discussion has been closed.