• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username: TwistedSassette
    Week: October Week 2
    PW: 298.0
    CW: 298.0

No movement this week. I ate far too much junk food and didn't move enough. I seem to know what I need to do, but I don't seem to just do it!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tracked yes
    Calories just over by 15
    Exercise yes
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username: TwistedSassette
    PW: 298.0
    CW: 298.0

No movement this week. I ate far too much junk food and didn't move enough. I seem to know what I need to do, but I don't seem to just do it!

I am in the same boat
  • vicky2767
    Options
    October week 1
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW: 255
    CW: 244
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily post: Oct 4 (Friday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no

Comments

Took a rest day, it was the day after my long run. I had nothing left in me. I had to walk my dog in the morning but since I pretty much slithered along the path, I'm not even going to try and call it exercise. :D

So here is a photo from my race. What I want to talk about is the difference between how good I felt about myself before the race, and how different I felt after seeing this photo.

Before the race: I'm nervous. Everyone is looking at me. Are they looking at me because I clearly don't look like them? Are they looking at me because I'm totally rocking my running outfit? Well, I don't care. I AM rocking my look and I look good. I look like a runner.

After seeing my race photo Oh my god, is that really how I look? I look so bottom heavy. My thighs look too big. I don't look like the other runners. Maybe that's why everyone was staring at me. Maybe they thought I was too fat to be a runner. Maybe they doubted I could finish. I don't look like a runner.

I HATE that after working for so long and so hard to lose 82lbs, my mind still goes there. I just achieved a great personal accomplishment and in one moment, I went from pride, self love and self acceptance, to such self criticism, negative self talk and almost shame. Just...be good to yourselves. However far you've come, and however far you still have to go. You are beautiful (yes, the men too), and you are worth it. Don't compare yourself to others. There's only one you, there's only one me. Are you trying harder today than you did maybe a year ago? A week ago? The fact is, we are HERE, we are trying every day to improve our health. We may never have the body we hoped for, or dreamed of, even after all the weight is lost. Are you stronger than you were yesterday? Are you still here tying? Then be proud. A single photo or a number on the scale will never define us or tell us who we are. I think who we are is pretty darn awesome. I'm going to Choose to focus on that. <3

5sgw8rujdtcb.jpg

You are fabulous
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    Week: October week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 244.6
    CW: 247.8

I'm embarrassed to say I've gained again. For some reason when I get near 240, I can't seem to get below it and I start gaining again. Life happens and I still use food to cope with stress. A few years ago I was up to 267 so I know I can make progress, it's just so slow and a setback (a gain) just is so discouraging. Pardon my rant! Plus my birthday is coming and I have weddings to attend in November, so I'm feeling some self-imposed pressure, which sometimes can backfire, I think. Sorry I have not been helping the team much. I'll get more walking in this week.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post

Daily Post (Thursday)

Comments: Oh my gosh you guys, I did it. I ran my half marathon, and it was HARD. But I still smashed it. I posted this on my wall:

Yesterday my husband and I ran a half marathon together. I've spent the past 10 weeks training for it, and I knew it would be a more difficult course than my training runs, but neither of us were prepared for how hard it actually was. The run was almost entirely uphill. Not complaining, I love trail running but this was a tough one for sure. My training runs were usually about half trail, half pavement. On my training runs I ran at a comfortable but somewhat exerted pace. My purpose was to just get my body used to running the distance I needed to. My husband and I really pushed ourselves. This time, it was an actual race. True, we were running only against ourselves, but this was the the event we've been training for. We wanted to kill it. And we did. I beat my fastest half marathon time by over 10 minutes! And on a course that was at least twice as hard. Am I proud of myself? Yes, yes I am. And I am SO proud of my husband. :)
    Way to go so proud of you and your husband!
    fookgus1fkmd.png
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    October Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 142.6 lbs
    CW: 134.8 lbs

I'll be honest here, I have literally no idea how this happened, it's way more than the math suggests I should have lost, but I will take it. Stood on the scale 3 times, same number so I guess it's right. The insane part is yesterday I was 138, guess I had a whoosh....despite pms and despite muscle soreness.......which typically makes me retain water not lose it....

Way to go love when the scale surprises me
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes core strengthening
    Water 176oz
    Goals/comments
    Had another migraine but still did my
    Stretching before going to sleep last night and slept for 9 hours

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes just finished doing my core strengthening
    Water 184oz
    Goals/comments I drunk a little more water today but this mint. Chocolate oolong tea have me going to the bathroom a lot more.😂😂😂😂
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday
    Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Super day of walking and taking the dogs for long hike in the mtns.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 14220
    Goals/Day/Comments: My husband brought home Chinese food. I find the next day my weight is always up and in fact I woke up in the middle of the night thirsty.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: Kin59vara
    PW =164.9
    CW=165.3

not right direction . @AB0215 I will not be able to weigh in for the next two Sundays as will be traveling!
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh Day: Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 182.1
    CW: 182.4
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Oct 5
    Cal: yes
    Exercise: Pilates
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    walk4today wrote: »
    Username: walk4today
    Week: October week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 244.6
    CW: 247.8

I'm embarrassed to say I've gained again. For some reason when I get near 240, I can't seem to get below it and I start gaining again. Life happens and I still use food to cope with stress. A few years ago I was up to 267 so I know I can make progress, it's just so slow and a setback (a gain) just is so discouraging. Pardon my rant! Plus my birthday is coming and I have weddings to attend in November, so I'm feeling some self-imposed pressure, which sometimes can backfire, I think. Sorry I have not been helping the team much. I'll get more walking in this week.

We all have set backs. I know all to well about stress eating. What matters is that you keep moving forward! You got this!! We are all here for you! Don't let anything discourage you from achieving your goals, just keep pushing forward! The only thing that matters is you don't give up don't ever be embarrassed it's part of life it's what makes us human! Message if you ever need to! Keep on keeping on 🙂
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @erinmorgan
    Weigh In Friday (late posting this)
    PW 185.4
    CW 189.1

Just getting started... definitely not the right direction. I just quit my job of 9.5 years and moving on to a new job. Lots of anxiety and fear with this big change. And anxiety & fear = more food in my mouth.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Yes. We all know stress eating. Find you niche and jump back up! We'll be here for you.🙋
  • dustyspal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just carried 40 pounds of dog food into the house and realized that I used to carry that extra weight around all day, every day. Actually, I'm down the equivalent of 2 bags from my highest weight. So glad it's gone and looking forward to losing the next 40.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **October Week 1**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@gjaholy33.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @Kin59vara.
    @LadyRN76.
    @o0kody0o.
    @satchel2008.

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @Strawberry1101. - 6.18%
    2nd - @AB0215. - 5.47%
    3rd - @satchel2008. - 4.31%[/color]

And overall results:
    1st - @Strawberry1101. - 6.18%
    2nd - @AB0215. - 5.47%

And as a team we took 2nd!!

uohume43ad88.gif
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    I just carried 40 pounds of dog food into the house and realized that I used to carry that extra weight around all day, every day. Actually, I'm down the equivalent of 2 bags from my highest weight. So glad it's gone and looking forward to losing the next 40.

I remember picking up my 50 lb suitcase and thinking, hold crap, how the heck did I carry that on my body, every single day, for so long? You've come so far. Truly incredible dedication on your part.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Oct 6, Sunday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 27 min run, 10 min warm up, 10 mins walking, 20 mins yoga.

Comments:
    Woohoo! Got my official time from my 5K today. Time:26:45. (8:40 per mile pace) 29th place out of 185 women entrants. 4th place for my age group, lol. Turns out this woman and I kept passing each other the whole race and she finished 3 seconds ahead of me took 3rd in our age group. Had I known I even had a CHANCE at placing, it would have been ON 😂. Now that I know I can run this fast, I'm BRINGING IT next year. 😎

I'm so happy and amazed by my progress this year. I honestly never thought I would be able to achieve all I have. I beat my fastest 5K time by 3 whole minutes. A few days before that I beat my fastest half marathon time by 9 minutes. My head is spinning. I knew I was holding back my effort during my training, but I had no idea that I could pull that out of my pocket on race day. Losing weight to run faster is really helping. And I love that my weight loss just feels so different because before I was doing it, "not to be fat" anymore. But now that I'm doing it to increase my athletic performance, it just feels better. I was determined before, but now I want to be the best athlete I can be!

0x6ixfnwphbc.jpg
    ihea6kjwtt0h.jpg
This discussion has been closed.