TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    @143tobe Kudos to you!! Great pace, again! Stay motivated.
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Just a chillin kind of day listening to to rain come down.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    walk4today wrote: »
    Username: walk4today
    Week: October week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 244.6
    CW: 247.8

I'm embarrassed to say I've gained again. For some reason when I get near 240, I can't seem to get below it and I start gaining again. Life happens and I still use food to cope with stress. A few years ago I was up to 267 so I know I can make progress, it's just so slow and a setback (a gain) just is so discouraging. Pardon my rant! Plus my birthday is coming and I have weddings to attend in November, so I'm feeling some self-imposed pressure, which sometimes can backfire, I think. Sorry I have not been helping the team much. I'll get more walking in this week.
    Hang in there. You can do this.
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    @erinmorgan
    Weigh In Friday (late posting this)
    PW 185.4
    CW 189.1

Just getting started... definitely not the right direction. I just quit my job of 9.5 years and moving on to a new job. Lots of anxiety and fear with this big change. And anxiety & fear = more food in my mouth.
    Good luck. You got this!
    dustyspal wrote: »
    I just carried 40 pounds of dog food into the house and realized that I used to carry that extra weight around all day, every day. Actually, I'm down the equivalent of 2 bags from my highest weight. So glad it's gone and looking forward to losing the next 40.
    Fantastic
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily post: Oct 6, Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 27 min run, 10 min warm up, 10 mins walking, 20 mins yoga.

Comments:
    Woohoo! Got my official time from my 5K today. Time:26:45. (8:40 per mile pace) 29th place out of 185 women entrants. 4th place for my age group, lol. Turns out this woman and I kept passing each other the whole race and she finished 3 seconds ahead of me took 3rd in our age group. Had I known I even had a CHANCE at placing, it would have been ON 😂. Now that I know I can run this fast, I'm BRINGING IT next year. 😎

I'm so happy and amazed by my progress this year. I honestly never thought I would be able to achieve all I have. I beat my fastest 5K time by 3 whole minutes. A few days before that I beat my fastest half marathon time by 9 minutes. My head is spinning. I knew I was holding back my effort during my training, but I had no idea that I could pull that out of my pocket on race day. Losing weight to run faster is really helping. And I love that my weight loss just feels so different because before I was doing it, "not to be fat" anymore. But now that I'm doing it to increase my athletic performance, it just feels better. I was determined before, but now I want to be the best athlete I can be!

0x6ixfnwphbc.jpg
    ihea6kjwtt0h.jpg

Awesome
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Sun oct 6
    Tracked yes
    Calories slightly over
    Exercise walked and lots of yard work.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes 1 hour walk

Comments: Enjoying a mostly lazy afternoon after my niece went home, went for a walk/run with her early in the morning. Got meal prep done, and going to watch one more movie before bed, just relaxing, a reallllly nice change of pace honestly.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday Oct 6
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Pilates
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: October 5th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 12,640 steps

Daily Post: October 6th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 7,550 steps + 30 minutes yard work

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday

Under: Yes
    Exercise: Slow walk for a 1.5 miles. Stretches for my back. Trying yoga tmw.

Prepped fruit salad and chicken for breakfast and lunch the next 2 days.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-In
    Calorie: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking
    Steps: 7563
    Posted wrong steps for Friday should of been 10060
  • ellylh1827
    ellylh1827 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@aAB0215 I messaged you asking about the weigh ins and didnt get a reply. Please check your in box. Tha is Eleanor
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily post: Oct 6, Sunday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 27 min run, 10 min warm up, 10 mins walking, 20 mins yoga.

Comments:
    Woohoo! Got my official time from my 5K today. Time:26:45. (8:40 per mile pace) 29th place out of 185 women entrants. 4th place for my age group, lol. Turns out this woman and I kept passing each other the whole race and she finished 3 seconds ahead of me took 3rd in our age group. Had I known I even had a CHANCE at placing, it would have been ON 😂. Now that I know I can run this fast, I'm BRINGING IT next year. 😎

I'm so happy and amazed by my progress this year. I honestly never thought I would be able to achieve all I have. I beat my fastest 5K time by 3 whole minutes. A few days before that I beat my fastest half marathon time by 9 minutes. My head is spinning. I knew I was holding back my effort during my training, but I had no idea that I could pull that out of my pocket on race day. Losing weight to run faster is really helping. And I love that my weight loss just feels so different because before I was doing it, "not to be fat" anymore. But now that I'm doing it to increase my athletic performance, it just feels better. I was determined before, but now I want to be the best athlete I can be!

0x6ixfnwphbc.jpg
    ihea6kjwtt0h.jpg

WOW! Congratulations.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: Way Under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 16490
    Goals/Day/Comments: Still going up! YIKES
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Daily Post: Sunday, 6 October

Calories: Under
    ☑️Exercise: None today
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: October, week 2
    👣PW: 138
    👣CW: 140

So I seem to have gained 2lbs of the 2.8 I lost last week 🙈 I’m wondering if I’ll ever get to my goal weight lol this has been dragging on for so long 😴🤞🏻
  • dustyspal
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise - Just short dog walk. Rained almost the entire day. A cold rain.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔ Under
    Exercise - 9 mile bike ride. Felt good with the cooler weather!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    So this may be a little silly but I'm kinda excited about it. Bout a month ago I ordered a variety of chokers online and loved them all there was about 12 in the pack of different kinds but when I got them they weren't long enough to go around my neck so I had to go buy some necklace extenders to wear them. Well I put one on today and I no longer need the extenders!!! So I'm super excited! It's the small victories that mean so much!

This is an awesome NON-SCALE VICTORY! WAY TO GO SO PROUD OF YOU!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In
    Calorie: Under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking weights and aerobics
    Step today 15997
This discussion has been closed.