Is anyone starting July 1st?

Options

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I live!! Life has been full of over turned apple carts and changes at work so it has been busy, depressing, nerve wracking and filled with "what next"s!! I have managed to get out and run once a week but with the snow last week and the cold snap coming back tonight including another anticipated dump of snow it then becomes another case of "if not at lunch, when?" I am in the process of switching training from outdoor to indoor show season so the regime for that becomes a bit more intense and the first show is next weekend, lots of prep needed! I am stuck in the middle of week 6, the intervals are so comforting and atainable.. lol. I went out today for just a 5 min walk then run until you can't walk a bit then i ended up doing 4km in 32 min 10 of which was warm up and cooldown walks so i guess it was ok.....

@themrwobbly I am going to try W6D3 on the treadmill on Wednesday...... care to join me?

Happy Monday!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Sorry @showjumper, I only saw your message after I got in this morning. W6D3 just completed. I am playing football tomorrow so I will be with you in spirit for it. Your timings look good though the pace isn't crucial right now.

Good luck with prepping for the show and let me know how you get on tomorrow. We can sync up for Wk7 on :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I went for the train an hour later than I normally do and it was still dark out! Ran slightly longer than intended after realising the train an hour later was only 51 minutes later. I did just under 5k in just about a minute over the time I did the park run. Same again that my early pace which seemed comfortable led to a stitch and slowing down. I don't think the backpack slowed me as it was only about 9 lbs but the lack of light probably made a difference.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Wk7D1 completed. I am not sure if I was just over-enthusiastic for my first parkrun or if running in a crowd makes a difference however my solo 5k time looks to be around 33:30, a good two minutes slower than the parkrun time. Pace isn't important at this stage though I would be interested to know if others notice a difference?

You will definitely not be alone @durhammfp if you redo certain weeks and runs. In fact I am pretty sure everyone here has done this. I took a whole month off for a cycling challenge so I should really be finished by now though it getting there that is important and not the length of time it takes.

How did your indoor run go @showjumper ?

How is your plan going @adampeart ?
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Had a week off as had a cold which meant I couldn't keep my breathing right as lots of my route is up hills. Back at it tomorrow for end of week 4. It's a marathon not a sprint is my philosophy.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Wk7D2 overdone. Parkrun 2 today. A little slower than last week though much better pacing. Instead of getting slower and slower I stayed at 10 minutes a mile give or take. Possibly didn't help I had a puncture and 9k power walk pushing the bike to work before hand. Nearly 18k steps by 10am, whats the betting it will be nearly 18k steps at 10pm ;)
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wk7D2 overdone. Parkrun 2 today. A little slower than last week though much better pacing. Instead of getting slower and slower I stayed at 10 minutes a mile give or take. Possibly didn't help I had a puncture and 9k power walk pushing the bike to work before hand. Nearly 18k steps by 10am, whats the betting it will be nearly 18k steps at 10pm ;)

Sorry about the puncture. Have you tried installing tire liners? I don't cycle any longer but when I did, I used these and never had a puncture:

http://www.mrtuffy.com/product-line.html

Congrats on W7R2!

• TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I'm all fixed @durhammfp though I will look for these next time as I'm sure there will be a next time.

I know you are supposed to have a rest day though next week is busy and pushed me to take a run today. W7D3 completed. I am testing out pushing further so did 5k jog - 1k walk for a drink - 4k walk.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    This might be of interest to you @2323FatBoy
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    So W8D1 completed and then some. I know you are all out there, I can hear you breathing!
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    I finally finished week 4! now for week 5 which I will likely repeat depending on how it goes.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Great new profile pic @adampeart and congrats on completing week 4. I re-did the longer run on both wk4 and wk5 and then it seemed to settle into a rythym.
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Thanks, I figured as I'm an ugly git I should use the kid to hide me :D

Yer gotta get back to running 3 times a week now but weather in uk sucks! As I am behind where I would like might just repeat last day of week 5.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    @danipatt1216 @amy19355

You may be interested in this group :)
  • durhammfp
    edited October 2019
    Options
    So W8D1 completed and then some. I know you are all out there, I can hear you breathing!

W5R3, done. Felt great afterwards too... don't know why I was dreading it so much now.

It was cold this morning though... about 40°F (4.4°C) and I'm still in running shorts. I need to figure out how to dress for the cool weather b/c I think 40°F really is my lower limit for shorts and a tee shirt.

• TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Great running @durhammfp

W8D2 completed today. I missed the park run yesterday due to flooding. Still pretty much 10 minute miles.
  • durhammfp
    Options
    Great running @durhammfp

W8D2 completed today. I missed the park run yesterday due to flooding. Still pretty much 10 minute miles.

Excellent. A ten-minute mile sounds fast to me.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W8D3 completed. How are you getting on with treadmill running @showjumper?
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Week 5 done!! Onwards now after that killer run! Averaging about 5mph when running on distance want to get that to 6mph like it is in short runs.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Do you think you will get runs in the morning when the clocks change @Pearl4686 ?