Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sun

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 10 mins stair climber, 30 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike, 60 mins walking and several hours of housework

So I discovered my scale was lying to me and well there's that. This has led me down a path of finding a new method of getting the last bit of weight off and I am going to try Alternate Day Fasting. I think this approach will also help me with calorie restriction as on the eating days, I will be eating more than I am now which seems to be a point of error. We shall see how it goes. Tomorrow is day one. I have a plan... although we all know what happens to the best laid plans sometimes....
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Daily Post - Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔✔✔

Just a beautiful day. Logged over 9miles today. My morning walk then took 🐕🐕 up to the mountains for a long trail walk. Had a great day.

I miss the mountains! We go to Colorado once a year and it's my favorite place!!!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Weigh in Day - Friday
    PW 188.6
    CW 185.4

Incredibly hard week... we lost our very close friend, my hubbies best friend since grade school, to stage 4 melanoma at the early age of 45. And to add to that I started a brand new job... Needless to say tracking has been at the bottom of the list. Tmrw is the start of a new week. Back on track then!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Good job on your weight loss this week!
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Spent about an hour going through my closet today. Got a whole trash bag full to donate. I thought about keeping them, you know, (Just in case) but, there's not going to be a "Just in case" because this is finally IT.

What a happy chore to be doing! This IS finally IT, toss them clothes away, you are never to wear or be tempted to wear these clothes again! Yay you for all the hard work you've put into reaching this point!
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Sunday, Oct 20th

It's 92 here today. Enjoying the weather and being outside.

I have to work on my water this week. I feel like I'm back in my groove with working out, but know the scale won't make moves without me getting my water intake to a minimum of 100 oz/day.

Where are you again that it's still so warm? I'm both envious and not at the same time. Working out is so much harder for me in hotter temps, so I'm enjoying the cooler weather we have (in mid Germany), but I do enjoy nice warm/hot weather in general. The problem is we have no AC and all my workouts are outside or in my living room and it's so difficult when you just don't have that AC relief to relax afterwards to bring your body temp down.

As far as water goes, I find it's easier to drink when I make it into a homemade electrolyte mix. ACV, a little bit of fresh lemon juice, a few drops of stevia, a little bit of tartar powder for magnesium, a little bit of vitamin C powder and a little bit of pink salt. It's yummy and it not only hydrates me but satisfies my need for something sweet and refreshing. The vitamin C powder makes it a little tangy.
    Daily Post: October 18th

Exercise: Haven't felt well this weekend ....no exercise

I hope you are feeling better this week! Sounds like the previous week wore you out!
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Daily Post: Saturday, 19 October

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Approx 6,000 steps

Daily Post: Sunday, 20 October

Calories: Under by 105
    Exercise: I didn’t get round to doing much today as my little boy was up from 11pm until 9am and I was so tired 😴

It’s weigh-in day in the morning and I’m actually looking forward to it. I’ve done really well this week to not eat any chocoate and I’ve been walking more, thanks to the Fitbit. If I’m down at least one pound from last weeks weigh-in then I’ll be happy. I’ve tried so hard this week to make good food choices and move more, so I hope it shows tomorrow 🤞🏻

Good job for hanging in there and staying sane with the lack of sleep! When my sleep is disrupted it's sooo hard for me not to overeat. Hope your son isn't sick! My fingers are super crossed for your weight in! And also super crossed that you are able to get a good night's sleep tonight.
    AB0215 wrote: »

Exercise: 10 mins stair climber, 30 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike, 60 mins walking and several hours of housework

So I discovered my scale was lying to me and well there's that. This has led me down a path of finding a new method of getting the last bit of weight off and I am going to try Alternate Day Fasting. I think this approach will also help me with calorie restriction as on the eating days, I will be eating more than I am now which seems to be a point of error. We shall see how it goes. Tomorrow is day one. I have a plan... although we all know what happens to the best laid plans sometimes....

Not good news about your scale but excited to hear about your new WOE plan! Do you mean you will be eating more on your eating days, but that in general your total calories will be lower for the week? You are really experienced at fasting so if anyone can do ADF, it's you. I' really hoping you end of loving it and that it's gives you the results you are hoping for.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Yes and No, see comments.
    Exercise: Yes - 30 minutes walk/jog treadmill

Comments:
    Saturday was the day after my long run day. On the weekends that I do a long run over 2 hours I increase my calories since the calories burn is so high and I really do need to eat enough nutrients for recovery. I prefer to spread this over two days rather than just eat a ton on Saturday because I usually don't start eating until after noon and I don't want to be eating 3000 calories in 6 or 7 hours. Totally doable, but I want to save these "Feast" days for special occasions so I don't get used to that "binge" eating feeling weekly. So although I ate over my 1900 daily calorie limit, on the weekends I increase this to 2500 so yes, I ate under.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: Kin59vara
    Week: October Week 4
    PW =164.4
    CW=165.4

I gained over the vacation BUT now I am going to put greater effort into eating healthy. I think that this is more what I need to watch because during vacation my steps were great. Thanks for being patient with me when I went on my adventure.
    mcavitz9cb6c.jpg
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, 19 October

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Approx 6,000 steps

Daily Post: Sunday, 20 October

Calories: Under by 105
    Exercise: I didn’t get round to doing much today as my little boy was up from 11pm until 9am and I was so tired 😴

It’s weigh-in day in the morning and I’m actually looking forward to it. I’ve done really well this week to not eat any chocoate and I’ve been walking more, thanks to the Fitbit. If I’m down at least one pound from last weeks weigh-in then I’ll be happy. I’ve tried so hard this week to make good food choices and move more, so I hope it shows tomorrow 🤞🏻

I'm sure you will see results, either the scale or by losing inches. They both count!
  • AB0215
    edited October 2019
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Not good news about your scale but excited to hear about your new WOE plan! Do you mean you will be eating more on your eating days, but that in general your total calories will be lower for the week? You are really experienced at fasting so if anyone can do ADF, it's you. I'm really hoping you end of loving it and that it's gives you the results you are hoping for.
    @143tobe I am sort of going to do the 4:3 method and really fast Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Eat OMAD on the weekends, that should be enough and isn't super aggressive, but it is aggressive at the same time and I really am giving myself a time to stick to it, and I am to a point where I have to be strict with myself. And according to my research, even if I'm not super strict and don't eat nothing on my fasting days, they say you can eat up to 500 calories and still see the benefits, but I am going to try to not eat any, and worst case scenario, maybe do some bone broth to help me, which is like 5 cals a cup. But going to try to not do that and be strict and not eat on those days, what I am trying to figure out is what exactly I am supposed to eat on my eating days, but I still have like 24 hours to figure that out :wink:
    And thanks for the vote of confidence, I have been going through a lot of self doubt lately, not just with weight loss but my weightlifting and it's probably all connected.
  • 143tobe
    edited October 2019
    Options
    And thanks for the vote of confidence, I have been going through a lot of self doubt lately, not just with weight loss but my weightlifting and it's probably all connected.

Don't ever doubt yourself. You are a strong, powerful woman and a great leader. Didn't you just lift a personal best not long ago? You have come so far, both in losing weight and lifting. You also did these while lifting others up so that they (we) too might also reach our goals. You have a lot of experience and information to offer and you've been so selfless in sharing it with others. I applaud you lady! This new WOE might take a little while to ease into (they always do) but you've totally got this. ;)
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    🌟Weekly weigh-in: Monday

👧Username: o0kody0o
    🗓Week: October, week 4
    👣PW: 140.8
    👣CW: 139.3

Loss this week: 1.5 lbs
    Total loss since Feb: 44.7 lbs

Eventually! I have 11.3 lbs left to lose now. I’ll continue to make good food choices this week and walk more. One day at a time!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    @o0kody0o 1.5 lbs!! Woohoo! You did it! You broke through your plateau! Your dedication and iron will is paying off! Yay you!! So happy!
  • AB0215
    edited October 2019
    Options

Eventually! I have 11.3 lbs left to lose now. I’ll continue to make good food choices this week and walk more. One day at a time!

@o0kody0o There aren't words to describe how frustrating it is when you get this close to your goal...just saying......something I know all too well. You're right, take it one day at a time and you will get there. Consistency is key!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 293
    CW: 291.8
  • AB0215
    Options

Don't ever doubt yourself. You are a strong, powerful woman and a great leader. Didn't you just lift a personal best not long ago? You have come so far, both in losing weight and lifting. You also did these while lifting others up so that they (we) too might also reach our goals. You have a lot of experience and information to offer and you've been so selfless in sharing it with others. I applaud you lady! This new WOE might take a little while to ease into (they always do) but you've totally got this. ;)

@143tobe Thank you, I needed to hear that, you're right, I have made some great progress and I can keep going. I think I'm just feeling a bit down since I haven't been hitting my current goals, this week is another peak week so we will see what I can do this week.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The last 2 months have been awful. I can’t seem to get back on track. Between 3 deaths in my family and my husband being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (went to ER and his glucose level was 876!) I can’t seem to get focused on my own health.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    @cydneebauman Wow....this is really incredible. You're going to make me cry too! Congratulations on how far you've come. Enjoy your vacation and the holidays!
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post sunday
    Track no
    Calories no
    Exercise no
    Comments: I'm am super sick and running a fever how fun! Ugh hope it don't last long!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Exercise: Yes - 2 hour, 30 minute long run

Comments:
    Went on my long run this morning. I wanted to get in at least 10 miles but more than that I wanted to find my runner's legs, and my joy and meditation that I normally get from running. So I went on my most enjoyed forest run, and decided to take paths I had not taken in years, and to also explore new ones. This really helped to keep the boredom and monotony from setting in. I went at a speed that felt comfortable, not too fast, not too slow. Ended up doing a lot of hills, but for some reason I felt strong on them and powered through. I ended up exploring a little too far and my 10 mile run turned into 12.75 miles by the time I reached my car so I decided to keep running to make it a full half marathon. So in total I ran 13.2 miles plus a mile walk/jog for a cool down. By the time I came home I just felt so good. I was so happy that I finally had a good run, just like I usually had before my races. This has just been a weird month for me. I can't believe we're almost at the end of October. How did that happen?

Fantastic
  • vicky2767
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Saturday, Oct 19th

Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes - 2 mile walk this morning and a 2 mile run this evening.

Finally feeling like myself again!
    Glad you’re finally feeling like yourself
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments finally got my WALKER so I get to go to my appointments.

Saturday

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments so making plan to relocate to Charlotte NC in the next month or so.
    Good for you. Are you already in NC? I’m in the Raleigh area (about 3-4 hours from Charlotte)
    Daily Post - Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔✔✔

Just a beautiful day. Logged over 9miles today. My morning walk then took 🐕🐕 up to the mountains for a long trail walk. Had a great day.
    Nice going
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Weigh in Day - Friday
    PW 188.6
    CW 185.4

Incredibly hard week... we lost our very close friend, my hubbies best friend since grade school, to stage 4 melanoma at the early age of 45. And to add to that I started a brand new job... Needless to say tracking has been at the bottom of the list. Tmrw is the start of a new week. Back on track then!
    Sorry for your loss.
    Daily Post - Sunday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Spent about an hour going through my closet today. Got a whole trash bag full to donate. I thought about keeping them, you know, (Just in case) but, there's not going to be a "Just in case" because this is finally IT.

Get rid of em. You won’t need them again
  • vicky2767
    Options

Good luck. You got this!
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Weigh-in
    Username: Kin59vara
    Week: October Week 4
    PW =164.4
    CW=165.4

I gained over the vacation BUT now I am going to put greater effort into eating healthy. I think that this is more what I need to watch because during vacation my steps were great. Thanks for being patient with me when I went on my adventure.
    mcavitz9cb6c.jpg
    Beautiful
    Not good news about your scale but excited to hear about your new WOE plan! Do you mean you will be eating more on your eating days, but that in general your total calories will be lower for the week? You are really experienced at fasting so if anyone can do ADF, it's you. I'm really hoping you end of loving it and that it's gives you the results you are hoping for.
    @143tobe I am sort of going to do the 4:3 method and really fast Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Eat OMAD on the weekends, that should be enough and isn't super aggressive, but it is aggressive at the same time and I really am giving myself a time to stick to it, and I am to a point where I have to be strict with myself. And according to my research, even if I'm not super strict and don't eat nothing on my fasting days, they say you can eat up to 500 calories and still see the benefits, but I am going to try to not eat any, and worst case scenario, maybe do some bone broth to help me, which is like 5 cals a cup. But going to try to not do that and be strict and not eat on those days, what I am trying to figure out is what exactly I am supposed to eat on my eating days, but I still have like 24 hours to figure that out :wink:

Way to go!!!!
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 293
    CW: 291.8

Nice loss
This discussion has been closed.