Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Wednesday

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Excersize: not today but plenty of walking.
    Day/mood: a good first day back. I didn't make the best choices but they were the best I could do while out all day and I stayed under so I count it as a win.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! Good day today. I made good choices.

I decided to change my goal from 1 lb per week loss to 0.5 lb per week loss. I've lost 35 and have 35 to go. I'll try this for a bit to see if it's a good decision.

I've got all the time in the world to lose the weight, so no rush.

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no

Wow it’s hard to have 160 fewer calories per day! Sometimes I feel like I’m starving. I should probably consume more vegetables.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons Why do you have 160 less calories per day? 😨
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

@LyndaBSS Eventually you may need to make adjustments to your calorie goal to continue to lose weight if you have a long way to go as when you lose weight your body now needs less to maintain and then less than that to continue to lose, it's really not uncommon to need to adjust your calorie requirements during your weight loss journey.

And some people adjust per day so that they can have more on other days like weekends when it's tougher to maintain a deficit with family obligations because the bottom line is if you're at a weekly deficit you will still lose, and adjusting your calorie goal by day works better for some. I have different calorie goals by day.

**EDIT** And I have re-read your question now and while I originally saw it a certain way which you may not have meant it that way, and sorry if I mis-understood your intention!

And any adjustment is tough at first when you're used to doing something a certain way.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

Wow it’s hard to have 160 fewer calories per day! Sometimes I feel like I’m starving. I should probably consume more vegetables.

@skullsandskeletons Consuming lower calorie veggies can really help to make you feel fuller without adding any real calories to your day and is a strategy I have been known to use so many times throughout my journey. Eventually you get used to your calorie adjustments and it gets easier but in the meantime, it really can be a useful tool!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Missing weights from last week and unfortunately facing elimination this week:
    @Mawash9
    @slytherclawz
    @Maddiesmommy6611

Missing weights from this week so far:
    @bootssowhite
    @joehlrich
    @Magickxxx
    @Nihal9495
  • Kathie_GoGo
    Kathie_GoGo Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Tracked: No
    Calories (goal 1200): Without tracking I'm sure I was under
    Activity: 7 hours moving boxes and setting up estate sale on FRI-SAT.
    Daily Step Goal Streak: Day 10
  • joehlrich
    joehlrich Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: joehlrich
    Weigh in week: October Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 149.4lb
    CW: 147.2lb

So sorry, thought I posted this on Sunday.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily post Wednesday

@skullsandskeletons Consuming lower calorie veggies can really help to make you feel fuller without adding any real calories to your day and is a strategy I have been known to use so many times throughout my journey. Eventually you get used to your calorie adjustments and it gets easier but in the meantime, it really can be a useful tool!

Thanks @AB0215!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options

@LyndaBSS I went into my goals and changed my goal weight to 180 (it was 190).
  • LyndaBSS
    Options

@LyndaBSS I went into my goals and changed my goal weight to 180 (it was 190).

Now it makes sense! I never thought about changing your goal weight resulting in a calorie adjustment. Duh! Senior moment. Thanks! 💙
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    I'll chime in my 2 cents on the conversation about changing calorie ceilings.
    Some people lower their calorie ceilings as they get closer to goal to continue losing weight. I tried that when I'd lost a chunk of weight but then found myself binging in the evenings when I just got too hungry. I then decided to increase it again, which put me into a smaller deficit but still a deficit. I just decided that for me, I prefer to still enjoy the same foods and I'm happy to just lose the weight slower.
    Interestingly, I lost weight faster that way (due to less slip-ups) so I guess different ways work for different people.
    I think the best way to decide is to try different strategies for a couple of weeks and then analyse the results and re-assess.
    For those trying fewer calories, let us know how you go!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I'll chime in my 2 cents on the conversation about changing calorie ceilings.
    Some people lower their calorie ceilings as they get closer to goal to continue losing weight. I tried that when I'd lost a chunk of weight but then found myself binging in the evenings when I just got too hungry. I then decided to increase it again, which put me into a smaller deficit but still a deficit. I just decided that for me, I prefer to still enjoy the same foods and I'm happy to just lose the weight slower.
    Interestingly, I lost weight faster that way (due to less slip-ups) so I guess different ways work for different people.
    I think the best way to decide is to try different strategies for a couple of weeks and then analyse the results and re-assess.
    For those trying fewer calories, let us know how you go!

I'm going to see if I can get used to the lower calories, and if I can't I'm going to increase and lose more slowly like you did. Regardless, I definitely have not been getting my vegetables lately! One would think that 1500-ish calories a day would be just fine, but I have a big appetite. Thanks for bringing this up; finding something sustainable is important.
  • Pearl4686
    Options

Daily report Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: just over
    Excersize: yes, went to an hour mixed class, 40 minutes cardio (dancy moves), 20 minutes strength (resistance and core excersizes)
    Day/mood: we had homemade pizza, which is a favourite. I had a smaller lunch to allow for it, but was very hungry and ate more then I planned. My workout gave me the extra calories I needed. So I'll take it as a good day, feeling good. Weekends are usually my downfall so I need to stick to plan!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday
    Track: yes, I track everything
    Exercise: yes, walked dogs
    Healthier habits: clean up clutter
    Goals: focus on eating mindfully, walk more
    Am I happy with my progress today: Yes! Good day today. I made good choices.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Calories: just under
    Exercise : no

• wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday
    Tracked yes
    Calories a small bit over
    Exersize not really, but lots of ladder climbing
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    @LyndaBSS you are the master of consistency!

@skullsandskeletons and you! Another good day!

@wander216 I think ladder climbing counts as excersize! Well done!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Weigh-in day Friday
    PW: 177
    CW: 176
This discussion has been closed.