Introductions!

15678911»

Replies

• earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2015
    My group is small but 'tight-knit'. :) You could try looking for groups at meetup.com, yarn shops, community centers, universities, even hospitals.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Hi all! I'm 38, married and mom of two boys (8,11). I enjoy crocheting and knitting(although I have yet to finish a knitted project). I have a very good habit of starting many projects and then never finishing them. Part of the problem is I get started, have to put it down and then forget where I was, so I move on to something else. lol I also get very frustrated with a pattern if it doesn't look right or if I made a mistake and I will repeatedly start it over. Any suggestions on how to help with that? I recently made an amigurumi Cthulhu(x2), an Enderman and I'm almost done with a devil.
  • IreneS_71
    IreneS_71 Posts: 1 Member
    hi, I'm Irene, I am 46 and married, I been crocheting off and on for many years now, but really been getting with it this last year or so, but I have lots of weight to lose
  • cblkel
    cblkel Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Irene,
    My name is Cindy and I’ve recently retired. I’ve always wanted to crochet and knit. So I am hoping to learn both now. Hoping I will be able to use my hands to do this fiber art work instead of feeding my addiction to food. I need to lose about 100 lbs. in Louisiana that can be very hard with all of our good southern cooking. Good luck to you!
  • racemuis79
    racemuis79 Posts: 13 Member
    hi i'm marjolein from the Netherlands and knitting for about 8 years now. It's my stress and pain relief.
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    I love being able to create something. Holding a scarf in hand knowing it didn’t exist before is encouraging and empowering. Plus it helps with boredom eating.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    AHH!! I love that I stumbled on this group. Hi I'm Melinda, I've been knitting since I was a kid, about age 9 I'm 29 now (my wonderful mom taught me). I've also been on MFP for a few years now. My biggest accomplishment/project was a dog sweater for my furbaby.
  • MiMood1
    MiMood1 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and to this group. I'm a wife, mother, mimi, and I love to crochet! Love also DIY jewelry but not as much as crochet. I started a crochet blog that is coming along oh so slowly!

I am 40 lbs. overweight and really out of shape. I had developed severe fibro that really had me down for about 5 years. I seem to be for the most part getting over it but have to really take care of myself. Since I am feeling so much better and able, I have started walking and trying to eat much healthier. Thank you for letting me be a part of the group!
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Hi there.
    I'm Mélisande, Milly for short, from France but living in Ireland. I'm 32 and a mum of 2 boys.
    I started with bobin lace when I was 8 then started knitting but hated it at 10, all sorts of embroidery then at 17 I discovered Irish lace crochet and have been doing ever since.

I started my weight loss at 166, down to 131 now and I have about 6more to lose to be at my goal.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Hi all! I am getting back into my knitting and I'm really trying to stay on plan with my eating. So I'm putting those two things together and trying to revive this thread! Let's see if anyone is still interested?
  • CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi I'm Cheryl, nick name Charlie, I've been knitting since I was 8 years old and crocheting in my teens. My favorite things to knit are socks, but I can knit just about anything including toys. One of my reasons for wanting to lose weight was because it will be easier and less expensive to make sweaters and garments. I've lost 90 pounds so far and have another 10 pounds to reach goal. I love making things so that I don't get bored and eat. Before I lost this weight my two reasons I tended to eat too much was boredom and feeling lonely.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Hi, everyone! I've been crocheting since an elderly neighbor taught me at the age of eight, but I didn't really start moving forward with gusto in my craft until the last five years or so. I typically make a lot of blankets, and my work is sought after in the local community because I can crochet graphgans (graphs with complex pictures crocheted into an afghan). Right now, I have too many projects I want to work on--I'm trying to make a stuffed animal as a funny gift for my dad, I'm trying to crochet myself a warm winter cardigan, my mother-in-law asked me to make her a cape by Maggie's Crochet, I have can cozies and a shawl to finish and send out as birthday gifts for my grandparents...not to mention all the things I would like to make!

I've known for a couple of years that I need to lose some weight. I have three kids, all are extremely energetic, and I have a hard time keeping up with them. It's been at the back of my mind, but I'm starting to notice a few health problems cropping up as a result of my excessive weight and bad eating habits. I'm trying to finish my degree, but I'm having a hard time doing that because I can't focus very well. I suspect a change in diet can help with that. I also felt some sciatic nerve pain developing in my lower back that wasn't there before, and my weight will only make that worse--if it isn't causing it in the first place, which is likely.
  • Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone! It looks like forums are less busy than they were when I first used MyFitnessPal 5 years ago. I've been knitting since 2010, crochet since about 2013. I mostly make socks these days but made tons of baby things when my kids were little.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Hi everyone! I just turned 60 this year and have been crocheting since I was about 12! I'm also a leftie!! :wink: Is anyone still around in this group?
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 284 Member
    I am Cat. I learned to knit and crochet when I was 7. I am 69 now,so that’s a lot of yarn under the bridge. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 50 years. We have 3 grown children (homeschooling mom from 1st grade through highschool. Whew!) and 7 (so far) grandkids. I would rather knit than crochet, but will do either if I see a pattern I like. My favorite project is socks, cuff down.