Is anyone starting July 1st?

1101112131416»

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    W9D1 complete. Third park run this morning with a takeaway hangover which is a real thing and I need to be more aware of it next time someone says they want to go to McDonalds!

Congrats on completing Wk5 @adampeart as when you look at it you think "You want me to run for HOW LONG??". In a few weeks you'll be wondering why you saw it as such a big thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    W9D1 complete. Third park run this morning with a takeaway hangover which is a real thing and I need to be more aware of it next time someone says they want to go to McDonalds!

Congrats on completing Wk5 @adampeart as when you look at it you think "You want me to run for HOW LONG??". In a few weeks you'll be wondering why you saw it as such a big thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Congratulations on Week 9!

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    I have done a couple 5km on the treadmill now and another one tomorrow.... we got snow last night so I’m pretty sure I will be on it now for the next 6 months ☹️
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    I got so cocky after doing week 5 I did day 1&2 of week 6 at once. Paying for it now 😂 averaged 5mph for 72mins. Quite pleased with that.
  • TheMrWobbly
    So 10k @adampeart ?

W9D2 complete. Didn't go according to plan but complete nevertheless.
  • Cricketmad88
    So 10k @adampeart ?

W9D2 complete. Didn't go according to plan but complete nevertheless.

Only 8k as my speed was a bit down as knew was going further.

Well done doing 9/2!
  • TheMrWobbly
    W9D3 finished. C25K FINISHED!!!

Today I felt as if I had found some running form, that it wasn't like forcing a car down the road after fitting square wheels which was how I started. I figured my time had to be good. Shows what I know as it was the same as the last four 5ks. Oh well, it wasn't about speed, it was about committing until the programme was completed.
  • durhammfp
    W9D3 finished. C25K FINISHED!!!...Oh well, it wasn't about speed, it was about committing until the programme was completed.

Congratulations.

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Huge congratulations @TheMrWobbly !
    I came so close (W8R3) but haven't managed to run for a quite a few weeks now. Must get back to it!
  • Cricketmad88
    @TheMrWobbly Congrats on completing it!! what you planning on doing now, staying at 5k or pushing on?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Thanks @durhammfp @Pearl4686 @adampeart

Adam and I had the same idea which was back to back 5ks and I actually managed two 10ks in the process as they were ideal days for running. I want to manage a 15k before the end of the year so I entered an event on 9th November, it is too soon but it is the only remaining event local to me before the year end so it may just be a 10k and anything I have left before walking the rest. In the meantime I intend to keep doing the 5k park runs so I don't throw away the progress so far

Ultimately my daughter is getting me to do a marathon but given the time taken to reach 5k I'm not sure which decade she is looking at!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    @TheMrWobbly Great Job!!! with your consistency, it will definitely be this decade!!! i'm suitably impressed :
  • TheMrWobbly
    Thanks @showjumper and congratulations on several 5kers.
  • durhammfp
    Thanks @durhammfp @Pearl4686 @adampeart

Adam and I had the same idea which was back to back 5ks...

Y'all are braver than me then.