TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Replies

• pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    cossmoss15 wrote: »

Today I managed to meet all goals despite November 4th being a tough day for me. Today marks 10 years since my father passed away, but I am staying focused. I had a lot of activity (moving a bunch of boxes, pallets, etc) at work, and just finished the bike. I am going to feel it tomorrow as this was one of the roughest(physically) days for me at work!

Sounds like you managed your stressful day well! So sorry about you father. I just have to share that my father passed away this morning. Even though he had been in the hospital we thought he was recovering. The next couple of days are going to be stressful! And we will miss him.

@cossmoss15 So very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • pkg1998
    MINI CHALLENGE (11/3 - 11/9)

Sunday - Yes, No, No
    Monday - Yes, Yes, Yes - as well as 72 oz of water! How about some excitement for that!!
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited November 2019
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Sunday - Yes, No, No
    Monday - Yes, Yes, Yes - as well as 72 oz of water! How about some excitement for that!!
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -

@pkg1998 I'm so glad you have hit the water goal! Woohoo!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Monday 11.4.19
    Mini Challenge
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    20 min Yoga
    20 min aerobics

Water 32oz-
    Still struggling with water intake. I have my soda drink for dinner (that isn't counted in the water challenge) but I am having the hardest time drinking more water than what I have been without my stomach feeling heavy and sloshy. How do you guys do it?

Food Challenge yes
    Exercise Challenge yes

• brandi_84
    cossmoss15 wrote: »

Today I managed to meet all goals despite November 4th being a tough day for me. Today marks 10 years since my father passed away, but I am staying focused. I had a lot of activity (moving a bunch of boxes, pallets, etc) at work, and just finished the bike. I am going to feel it tomorrow as this was one of the roughest(physically) days for me at work!

Sounds like you managed your stressful day well! So sorry about you father. I just have to share that my father passed away this morning. Even though he had been in the hospital we thought he was recovering. The next couple of days are going to be stressful! And we will miss him.

@cossmoss15 I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine how tough that is.
  • brandi_84
    I have updated the spreadsheet to incorporate the food and exercise challenge. It seems to always be a work in progress, but I hope it is easy to navigate. Enter "1" if completed food, or "0" if you didnt. For the exercise challenge, only put in 30 for minutes, even if you exercised for longer. Below is a screenshot of how I set up the tracking, and I have a "key" of what the emojis mean at the top of the sheet.

nyx830smvzjs.jpg

11/4/19
    Steps: 12,314
    Water: 113.8
    Food: yes stayed on plan
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes bike

@cmhubbard92 I am so sorry to hear that your father passed away.

It sounds like the rough work day was perfectly timed to help keep you focused throughout the day.
  • brandi_84
    @petrocoetsee I have been meaning to ask - What is grid class? Is it similar to CrossFit? Do you enjoy it?
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    @brandi_84 I guess is to some extend similar to CrossFit. It gets people moving better, faster and more effectively using the six primal movements: Push, Pull, Squat, Bend, Twist and Lunge. There are four different Grid classes: Grid Active, Grid Lean, Grid Fit and Grid Strong. All the classes are HIIT of about 45 minutes in total.
    I absolutely love it.

• cmhubbard92
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Monday 11.4.19
    Mini Challenge
    20 min Yoga
    20 min aerobics

Water 32oz-
    Still struggling with water intake. I have my soda drink for dinner (that isn't counted in the water challenge) but I am having the hardest time drinking more water than what I have been without my stomach feeling heavy and sloshy. How do you guys do it?

Food Challenge yes
    Exercise Challenge yes
    @brandi_84
    I drink a lot of water every day... the only drink I usually have besides that is 1-2 cups of coffee or a cup of sleepytime tea at night. On the weekend, maybe a glass of wine or two.

I bring a 48oz and 32oz bottle filled with water and the bottom quarter or more is frozen in each. My goal by my lunch break is to drink *most* of the 48oz bottle. After lunch, I bring my 32oz bottle back into work and sometimes finish that by the time I leave. When I get home I usually go through a large glass of water for dinner, and sometimes a few extra glasses throughout the evening. I don't get the sloshy feeling because I pace myself with the water... if I drink it too fast I don't feel so great!

My suggestion would be to have a few drinks at a time, and don't rush it! If
    you are working out, only take a few sips to avoid the slushy feeling... too much too fast could be bringing that feeling on, maybe!
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    @cossmoss15 I am sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Sunday - Yes, No, No
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -

Woohoo! Good work!

c0iilv3cy9w6.png
  • sunshibe81
    sunshibe81 Posts: 211 Member
    Sorry I am a little behind. I have strep throat. Ugh.

Sunday weigh in: 208
  • brandi_84
    sunshibe81 wrote: »
    Sorry I am a little behind. I have strep throat. Ugh.

Sunday weigh in: 208

That is awful. I hope you get better soon!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    @cossmoss15 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending my love and hope you're all doing as well as can be expected at this terribly sad time x
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2019
    11/5/19
    Steps: 16,093
    Water: 130.7
    Food: yes on plan for the day
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes bike(again)

I WILL remember to weigh in tomorrow. I'm might eventually change my Weigh-In day

Edit: I have a very silly NSV to share, and I keep forgetting to share it! I had to buy a size smaller underwear :lol: I kept having the problem of it slipping around everywhere, and realised it was time to make the change! Now, I can say I'm comfortable again! Haha. My pant size(down one in June or so) seems to be hovering around the same it's been, eventually it will happen!
  • pkg1998
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Monday 11.4.19
    Mini Challenge
    20 min Yoga
    20 min aerobics

Water 32oz-

Food Challenge yes
    Exercise Challenge yes

@brandi_84 I struggle with it on a daily basis. I’m working really hard to increase mine by spreading it through the day.
  • gboles79
    gboles79 Posts: 29 Member
    gboles79
    Steps 9,112
    Water 71oz
    11/5/19
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Hi all, thank you for you kind words on the loss of my father. Just skimmed over the posts as these last 2 days have been busy. Not worrying at all about my weight as we deal with all the funeral arrangements. (Never realized how much there was to do!) Again affirming family and friends are the important things in life - and good health certainty helps with everything!
  • petrocoetsee
    @cossmoss15 I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. My mom passed away at the end of July, so I know how you are feeling. My mom was 81 but is was totally unexpected. Lots of hugs :'(<3
  • petrocoetsee
    11/05 Tuesday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked..yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: yes - ttraining with PT at gym. Everytime I turned around in bed last night, I thought about my trainer. I felt him in my muscles.

Other challenges:
    Steps:4551
    Water 80
This discussion has been closed.